(WIP) RXL Collars - Help Wanted

RustyXXL

Heya

Been spending the last couple of hours converting some of the Dog Collars to be wearable around the neck.

I've only got Female models so far, and they seem to work okay-ish. Some placement is still off a bit and some still need some rescaling, but overall it's not that bad, I think...^^

fvnhTjl.png

All work is done completly in Outfit-studio and with the CBBE body for testing, but they should work fine with Vanilla as well.

It's past 6am over here now, and I'm simply to tired to continue today...

I'm not that good with these things, and it took me a lot of fiddeling, and I'd love if some of you would test these and give suggestions for improvements etc.

Right now they need armorsmith extended and the Armorkeywords as master (mostly because I copied the armor entries from a mod that depends on them :P).

It's also the first time I create a completly new armor, so I might have overlooked something important. It would be nice if you could help test that as well.

No crafting recipes yet, please add via player.additem

IDs:

xx000802

xx000804

xx000806

xx000808

xx00080A

xx00080C

Thanks for helping in advance :)

Edit: Can't figure out why the pic isn't showing...it actually works most of he time when editing....here's a link to the Picture,. sry

Edit2: Version B uploaded. Male meshes added and reworked all of the female meshes. Should be much, much less clipping issues now.

RXL CollarsB.7z

The double collar and the heavy collar seem to clip slightly with the back of the neck. Keep in mind that neck thickness varies with the weight triangle thing.

Apart from that they look pretty good, perfect for the more raider-like characters. I honestly don't get why this wasn't in the vanilla game to begin with, seems like a nobrainer to me that raiders would use these to look more menacing.

The double collar and the heavy collar seem to clip slightly with the back of the neck. Keep in mind that neck thickness varies with the weight triangle thing.

Yeah, that's me trying to get them as tightly around the neck as I can, without seeing the head and neck in Outfit Studio. ;)

I also completly forgot about the triangle somehow.

Thanks for the feedback.

Apart from that they look pretty good, perfect for the more raider-like characters. I honestly don't get why this wasn't in the vanilla game to begin with, seems like a nobrainer to me that raiders would use these to look more menacing.

I actually mainly made them with the Raider Harness/calyps Harness Wardrobe in mind, as I think they really fit very well to these. I also plan to add (opzional?) leveled lists for random distribution at least on the raiders, so you do encounter Raiders wearing these.

My game crash after start, I use this mods:

Fallout4.esm

RobotGuards.esp

Robot Home Defence.esp

MoreHairstyles4Female4.1.esp

CBBE.esp

CROSS_Gear.esp

zWGirlClothSimply.esp

cutoffs-calyps.esp

Harness-calyps.esp

Jacket.esp

rxl_collars.esp

Right now they need armorsmith extended and the Armorkeywords as master

My game crash after start, I use this mods:

Fallout4.esm

RobotGuards.esp

Robot Home Defence.esp

MoreHairstyles4Female4.1.esp

CBBE.esp

CROSS_Gear.esp

zWGirlClothSimply.esp

cutoffs-calyps.esp

Harness-calyps.esp

Jacket.esp

rxl_collars.esp

Right now they need armorsmith extended and the Armorkeywords as master

I solved it, I used esp from another mod.  It seems to me that a lot of collars trim in the back of the neck. Best fit collarS and DogCollar also fits pretty well.

First thanks for the feedback, and sorry it took a bit for this update.

I just uploaded Version B to the OP (temporary version naming :P)

Reworked all of the female meshes.

Added Male versions.

Overall there should be much less clipping issues, but some of the bigger collars still might look a bit of, especially in the neck region or when crouching for example.

Couple of questions regarding esps:

Do you have any suggestions regarding recipes?

Would you prefer replacers for the default collars worn on the arm (where there are such versions) or standalone versions?

I'll probably add them at least to the riader leveled lists. any additional suggestions where they might fit as loot?

Crafting: nothing too fancy, leather and steel should be fine I think. If you want to go a step further you can provide plugins for Armorsmith Extended and/or Crafting Workbenches.

I prefer having them as standalone items.

The only other major faction that I could think of that would maybe have them would be gunners but I think that would be stretching it. Do keep in mind that it might conflict with stuff like Calyps' leveled lists version of his harness mod and AFAIK Wrye Bash can-t merge leveled lists in FO4 yet.

Crafting: nothing too fancy, leather and steel should be fine I think. If you want to go a step further you can provide plugins for Armorsmith Extended and/or Crafting Workbenches.

I prefer having them as standalone items.

The only other major faction that I could think of that would maybe have them would be gunners but I think that would be stretching it. Do keep in mind that it might conflict with stuff like Calyps' leveled lists version of his harness mod and AFAIK Wrye Bash can-t merge leveled lists in FO4 yet.

As I use calyps leveled list version myself (and in fact helped calyps with the current leveled list version of the Harness wardrobe) I'd provide a compatible version. I also plan on providing Armorsmith Extended and Crafting Workbenches versions, and a vanilla version would probably only be a fallback option. Still working out the details on that...don't want to have a dozen esps for this simple mod. ;)

Updated esp with crafting recipes and preliminary distribution. Basically they should have a chance to appear everywhere were Raider harnesses can appear. Fully compatible with calyps harness wardrobe leveled list option (but doesn't require it), if I didn't messed something up. Please install the Version from the op first and than replace the esp with this one.

rxl_collars.esp

Archived