View File

WalkAnimSwitcher v1.0

sbhfgw.jpg

Description:
This mod is a lightweight and optimized plugin that allows you to switch between different bundled Forward Walking Animations ingame via a hotkey. The default hotkeys are Page Up and Page Down.
Of course all hotkeys can be changed via an ini configuration file. Additionally there is another hotkey that allows you to add more or less bounce to the BBB enabled animation.
This mod also bundles most of the Forward Walking Animations I could find. All Female Animations are BBB enabled.

Additionally there is a spell that allows you to modify NPC walking animations on the fly. By default only female anims are applied to female NPCs and vice versa. This can be disabled in the ini.

When the game is loaded the last picked walking anim is applied to the player, this however does not apply to NPC anims, you will have to use the spell on them again.

To be compatible to your existing Animations only the Forward Walking Animation is replaced. (With tbsk Improved Walk as the only exception)

Here are all the Walking Animations:

; WalkAnim17 - sinkpoint Manly Stride; WalkAnim16 - tbsk Improved Walk; WalkAnim15 - Mur_Zik normal speed real walk; WalkAnim15 - Mur_Zik 25% slower real walk; WalkAnim14 - Mur_Zik 50% slower real walk; WalkAnim13 - Mur_Zik 50% faster sexy walk with facial expressions; WalkAnim12 - Mur_Zik 25% faster sexy walk with facial expressions; WalkAnim11 - Mur_Zik original slow sexy walk; WalkAnim10 - Mur_Zik slow sexy walk BBB tweaked no expression; WalkAnim9  - Umpa sexy walk with hand on hip; WalkAnim8  - Womans Move more feminine; WalkAnim7  - Womans Move more feminine slower walk; WalkAnim6  - Womans Move; WalkAnim5  - Womans Move slower walk; WalkAnim4  - Pretty Woman Walk; WalkAnim3  - Pretty Woman Slower Walk; WalkAnim2  - Pretty Woman Slowest Walk; WalkAnim1  - Default Oblivion walk with BBB; WalkAnim   - No animations (Useful to return to your pre-installed anims)

Conflicts:
None

Known Issues:
I feel obligated to tell you that this mod relies on the Update3d function used on the player, which creates a backgound thread that reloads facedata, hair, etc of the player. As Oblivion is horribly coded for multithreading this in some cases results in a game crash. There is no way around this atm. However this is usually only the case in heavily modded games, so I suggest to keep your mod count below 150.

So in general to see if this mod works on your character you can try this:
Load your game
Open console and type showracemenu, press enter
Game crash? Then this mod will crash your game with a high possibility on startup or when you switch anims.
No game crash? Enjoy!

Requirements:
OBSE v0020

Installation:
Manual: Move into your data folder and activate it in the Modmanager. No worries nothing is overwritten.
Mod Organizer: Install and activate

Version History:
1.0 - Release

Credits:
Mur_Zik and Surazal for Real Walk and famous Sexy Walk
beni and amsterdam2019 for Pretty Woman
nao4288 for Womans Move
Umpa for sexy walk with hand on hip
tbsk for Improved Posture and Walk
sinkpoint for Manly Stride
Bethesda for making their TES games moddable and thus immortal
You for still playing my favorite game

Licensing/Legal:
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me and all the other authors above credit if you distribute any part of this file.

This is very cool! I've been wanting something like this for Oblivion ever since I tried out Skyrim's Fnis Sexy Move. Also, I have this working with Blockhead without any problem. Or is it a specific blockhead function that's the problem? The only issue I'm running into is that I just have normal oblivion movement for running or moving in a direction other than forwards, and I'm not sure that's not just how the mod functions at the moment.

Anyways, cool mod, and I hope to see more of it.

Thank you!

You're right it seems to be compatible with Blockhead's animation override! I simply assumed this wouldn't work but it seems to work for me as well.

The thing is that there are plenty of forward walking animations for Oblivion but not so many Running animations. That's why I only included forward walking animations so far. I suggest grabbing another animation replacer from the Nexus or here.

I suggest this one:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18511-combat-stance-reanimation/

Thank you all!

Any suggestions so far for a future update?

Also should I upload this to the Nexus, the thing is I don't have all the permissions from the original authors of the walk animations,

and won't be getting them because this game is 10 years old ...

• 3 months later...

Thank you all!

Any suggestions so far for a future update?

Also should I upload this to the Nexus, the thing is I don't have all the permissions from the original authors of the walk animations,

and won't be getting them because this game is 10 years old ...

I only just DLed this today and haven't looked under the hood of the scripts involved, but maybe use tokens on NPCs, so as not to have to recast every time?

Regarding permissions, use a combo Credit/Disclaimer in your readme file and description, stating something along the lines of if they wish their animations or parts of your MOD removed to contact you and you'll gladly do so. That way they (the original MOD authors) always remain in control of their content and that you acknowledge that 100%.

• 1 month later...

Possibly. I used to use OR, but IMHO, it became too far reaching. Even with using only the DoF and Godrays, it touched too much. Not a fan of not having control of my sliders. I like to be a sniper, but that's hard to do when grass is more important than seeing the further away npc's. Had it where the world was beautiful and could see the grass nice and far, then arrows from nowhere. move forward a little, and there's a bandit shooting..... Went back to OBGEv3, using only CrisisDoF, Godrays, OBGE Liquid Water and Screen Effects. It may not be as refined, but I'm happy.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I feel obligated to tell you that this mod relies on the Update3d function used on the player, which creates a backgound thread that reloads facedata, hair, etc of the player. As Oblivion is horribly coded for multithreading this in some cases results in a game crash. There is no way around this atm. However this is usually only the case in heavily modded games, so I suggest to keep your mod count below 150.

So in general to see if this mod works on your character you can try this:

Load your game

Open console and type showracemenu, press enter

Game crash? Then this mod will crash your game with a high possibility on startup or when you switch anims.

No game crash? Enjoy!

• 4 years later...