Sergal race (Request/Possible commission?)

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifthefuckisthat.jpg

i don't know whats going on, but the more i try to work on it the more fucked up it gets.

it even makes 3ds max crash.

I will say the same thing I did about the Halo Sangheili/Elite race: IMO a full player model is not worth it for a playable race because it means you need specific conversions of all gear (vanilla or mod-added) that are customized for that specific body, or else you are forced to play the whole game nude. Both as in "visually naked" (which I guess wouldn't be a bad idea for some) and as in "without wearing any armor" (which would make the game harder by a fair amount).

IMO the best option would be to just forget about the body and fit the head to Skyrim's neck seam. Then you just have to build the morphs and create body textures to match for your prefered body replacer (UUNP or CBBE). Add in a tail and maybe some custom feet/hands, and you get yourself a fully-working custom race. It would take a little more work than just porting the whole character model as-is (though in this case it may be even easier), but it would be compatible with any vanilla or mod added gear.

Just my two cents, though.

1. i punched Alduin to death while naked, so it cant be that hard. "FUS RO DENTAL APPOINTMENT!!!"

2. i have already experimented with that idea in the past with limited success, but its looking like the more viable option now because of the FUCKING CURSE

post-71862-0-43865100-1484287798_thumb.jpg

1. i punched Alduin to death while naked, so it cant be that hard. "FUS RO DENTAL APPOINTMENT!!!"

2. i have already experimented with that idea in the past with limited success, but its looking like the more viable option now because of the FUCKING CURSE

attachicon.gifScreenShot870.jpg

Yeah, I think we all have done that to Alduin at least once, just for shits and giggles, lol.

Well, the extent to which not being able to wear armor/clothing would be limiting depends on your setup and the mods you use. Someone using Requiem or something like that would probably have it really hard. Also, I want my (future) Sergal girl to be able to wear sexy bikini armor, goddamnit!  :P

Oh, good to hear you thought of it, I fully support that idea. I would maybe make some adjustments to the head shape so it better fits Skyrim's character style, but nothing too excessive. Maybe tweaking the head proportions using Argonian/Khajiit heads as a reference or something like that could work. Of course, that is just an idea. Please do keep us updated on any progress you make on this, it looks interesting.  :lol:

Maybe tweaking the head proportions using Argonian/Khajiit heads as a reference or something like that could work. Of course, that is just an idea. Please do keep us updated on any progress you make on this, it looks interesting.  :lol:

that was one of the first things i tried, but i ended up with a Khajiit that looked like a mouse :huh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuljNfxjTh8

• 1 month later...

And just like that my good men you have killed the mod...asking and saying i love this (bla bla bla) has made is die....

CURSE YOU OVER HAPPY FANS FOR YOU KILL THE MODS YOU LOVE!!!

THIS MOD IS FUCKING CURSED!!!

RUN AWAY!!!  STAY AWAY!!!

OR IT WILL KILL YOU ALL!!!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, I AM SERIOUS!!!

RUN YOU FUCKING FOOLS!!!

This shit right here....

This is GOLD

i love it...

-Shy

P.S i made some thing happen!*claps*

• 3 months later...

Has anyone here checked out Fek's Rack 2? It has an insane amount of character customization, along with having base species including Sergals. It's still in development, but the character models and creation system is mostly complete. You may be able to use it for reference.

http://furry.science

Hum, it may be the camera angle or the character design as a whole (haven't seen other characters/species so I don't have a "general idea" of how standard Rack 2 characters look for comparison), but it doesn't really look like a Sergal to me, at least not the head.

Besides, we have some reference Sergal meshes already, and if we needed more reference art, well, there is lots of it around. Both SFW and NSFW, though I assume most of us would prefer the latter, lol  :P.

But anyway, yes, Rack 2 looks awesome and I'm certainly looking forward to playing once it goes public, but the main request was to have a playable Sergal race in Skyrim. Which sadly seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Oh, well :-/.

For what is worth, I am more than willing to help anyone that may want to make this happen. I have experience with custom races (see signature for the link to my shark race mod), and could help with rigging and setting things up and such. Also I can lend some of the assets from my own race. MadMansGun said it wouldn't be too hard to take a Sergal head and turn it into a shark one, so maybe doing it the other way around (shark -> Sergal) is possible as well...

Has anyone here checked out Fek's Rack 2? It has an insane amount of character customization, along with having base species including Sergals. It's still in development, but the character models and creation system is mostly complete. You may be able to use it for reference.

http://furry.science

Hum, it may be the camera angle or the character design as a whole (haven't seen other characters/species so I don't have a "general idea" of how standard Rack 2 characters look for comparison), but it doesn't really look like a Sergal to me, at least not the head.

Besides, we have some reference Sergal meshes already, and if we needed more reference art, well, there is lots of it around. Both SFW and NSFW, though I assume most of us would prefer the latter, lol  :P.

But anyway, yes, Rack 2 looks awesome and I'm certainly looking forward to playing once it goes public, but the main request was to have a playable Sergal race in Skyrim. Which sadly seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Oh, well :-/.

For what is worth, I am more than willing to help anyone that may want to make this happen. I have experience with custom races (see signature for the link to my shark race mod), and could help with rigging and setting things up and such. Also I can lend some of the assets from my own race. MadMansGun said it wouldn't be too hard to take a Sergal head and turn it into a shark one, so maybe doing it the other way around (shark -> Sergal) is possible as well...

In the idea of shark -> Sergal that is technically how it was done in Rack 2, Sergal uses the "finned shark head" for there own. That Sergal was just what is used as the base model, there is some extreme editing that can be done via the character editor.

Some other species

post-349399-0-02102100-1496948418_thumb.png

post-349399-0-74644100-1496948436_thumb.png

Texture edits

post-349399-0-13348100-1496948603_thumb.png

Embellishment edits (additional parts like "horns" "fur" "fins" "hooves" "claws")

post-349399-0-47878100-1496948678_thumb.png

In the idea of shark -> Sergal that is technically how it was done in Rack 2, Sergal uses the "finned shark head" for there own. That Sergal was just what is used as the base model, there is some extreme editing that can be done via the character editor.

Some other species

attachicon.gifDesktop 05.18.2017 - 17.04.48.02.png

attachicon.gifDesktop 05.18.2017 - 17.18.31.03.png

Texture edits

attachicon.gifDesktop 05.24.2017 - 13.08.20.01.png

Embellishment edits (additional parts like "horns" "fur" "fins" "hooves" "claws")

attachicon.gifDesktop 05.29.2017 - 18.42.57.10.png

Oh, I see. Well, it looks really nice indeed. I'm afraid I'm not going to become a patron anytime soon, but I am really looking forward to trying it out as soon as a public build is posted as Fek intends to do (or so it seems).

Thanks for the pics, BTW. There doesn't seem to be much reference available for non-patrons on character creation and options outside of what can be seen in stuff like the background video on the game's page, so it's nice to be able to see some pics. Sure does increase my hype, lol :P.

Now, back on topic... we are still stuck. I could pester the awesome guy that created the shark heads for my mod to see if he could create some sergal heads as well using the same method, but he's got a lot of stuff going on right now (part of it requested by me) and I would feel bad adding even more on top of it. Also I'm not sure we could achieve something that looked good enough without brand new heads, and those would require an enormous amount of work (morphs, expressions, phonemes, etc) that is beyond me.

Besides, that would only give us the heads. Maybe MadMansGun could send us his ported sergal tail meshes if he still has them, but there would still be textures to be done. I like to think I'm good at editing textures, but I can't create from scratch (yet), I need a base to work on, so in this case I can't do it.

Still, as I said, if anyone with the required skills ever wants to give this a shot, I'll be glad to help with everything I can  :shy:.

And who would be doing the touch ups on the meshes lol? This is actually my first time in this section. Didn't know LoversLab had a request section like Nexus does.

Now, back on topic... we are still stuck. I could pester the awesome guy that created the shark heads for my mod to see if he could create some sergal heads as well using the same method, but he's got a lot of stuff going on right now (part of it requested by me) and I would feel bad adding even more on top of it. Also I'm not sure we could achieve something that looked good enough without brand new heads, and those would require an enormous amount of work (morphs, expressions, phonemes, etc) that is beyond me.

"pester" :o:wacko: Lol, spoke too soon. I don't mind considering that I would only be morphing from an already highly edited head that I already made to start off with. If it were from scratch from another default Citrus Head, I might have declined. But there will be a waiting period before I get to it.

I've already got a lot on my plate and will be moving soon. Got my own projects, a cheetah race is in the works here where I made the new feet model and cheetah head while Bad Dog did all the setting up and textures. Plus I still have a good amount of work to do on the Sharkmer race. Not to mention that I promised new bodies to HeroedeLeyenda for "All-In-One HDT Animated Pussy" a long time ago for after his 4.0 version. I should have the female done soon with much better innards.

However, I won't do it unless I know that there is still people committed to working on this. And the one who started this topic seems to be MIA unless Blaze69 want's to consider taking it over. Or unless anyone else thinks they have the talent to do so.

(EDIT: The options would be to use the Khajiit head combined with the Argonian mouth mesh. Or use the current Sharkmer heads with a new mesh for the ears combined with the Khajiit eyes. I think the first one. And a design edit of using an actual cat/dog-like nostril would be optional like what I currently did in DKH. However to make it clear, I'm only willing to do the low poly model, not anything fancy like normal maps, etc. I'll get back to you all on actually doing this by the end of the month.)

I'm not a great modeler, have taken some classes on 3D modeling including character modeling, got a C in that, though my focus is programming. But I could try and make a sergal head. Will post again any of my own progress on that.

Never took a class. I'm self taught.

So I have begun my attempt at modeling a Sergal Head.

attachicon.gifDesktop 06.08.2017 - 15.42.30.03.png

I'm currently liking the nose and jaw, I might have made the jaw a bit long. But this is only an hour or so of work so far.

For Skyrim, it's best that you don't start a head from scratch. What you want to do is morph a head and keep the same vertex count and poly count. It takes a lot more time than making a model from scratch because you have to move a lot of polygons individually to change the shape and keep the tri polygons as an even quad layout as it is by default. That also helps people who are making textures. From there, Blaze69 usually handles the rest like auto morphing the phonemes (expression morphs) in BodySlide & Outfit Studios, and setting it up for in game use.

I use heads from the "Citrus Heads" Mod. For my application of choice, I use Zbrush and some of my morphed head work can be found here. Also, a further edited version of what will be my final "KBO" model can be used for the body and normal maps.

Wow, things escalated real quick in here, lol. Didn't expect any of this to happen. Anyway, let's go though this.

So I have begun my attempt at modeling a Sergal Head.

attachicon.gifDesktop 06.08.2017 - 15.42.30.03.png

I'm currently liking the nose and jaw, I might have made the jaw a bit long. But this is only an hour or so of work so far.

You want to give it a shot, then? That's great.

There are some considerations to make first, though. You should read Nightro's post as well as this one, specially the last paragraphs.

Also there are some custom race creation guides you may want to take a look at; not because you would be doing all the work (I could take care of most of it, at least as implementation is concerned) but rather to get an idea of what needs to be done to create a new race mod for Skyrim. I'll look for the links and post them later.

i never got that far with it, but here it is

attachicon.giftailandhead.7z

Thanks! Not sure if this will lead anyway, but they may come in handy if it does.

And who would be doing the touch ups on the meshes lol? This is actually my first time in this section. Didn't know LoversLab had a request section like Nexus does.

To be honest, I was simply listing the reason I can't start the mod from scratch and do it myself, never intended it to actually encourage people to step up and take the challenge, lol. Even if it doesn't lead anywhere, I am pleasantly surprised :lol:. Here is to hoping it actually does, though.

"pester"  :o  :wacko: Lol, spoke too soon. I don't mind considering that I would only be morphing from an already highly edited head that I already made to start off with. If it were from scratch from another default Citrus Head, I might have declined. But there will be a waiting period before I get to it.

I've already got a lot on my plate and will be moving soon. Got my own projects, a cheetah race is in the works here where I made the new feet model and cheetah head while Bad Dog did all the setting up and textures. Plus I still have a good amount of work to do on the Sharkmer race. Not to mention that I promised new bodies to HeroedeLeyenda for "All-In-One HDT Animated Pussy" a long time ago for after his 4.0 version. I should have the female done soon with much better innards.

However, I won't do it unless I know that there is still people committed to working on this. And the one who started this topic seems to be MIA unless Blaze69 want's to consider taking it over. Or unless anyone else thinks they have the talent to do so.

(EDIT: The options would be to use the Khajiit head combined with the Argonian mouth mesh. Or use the current Sharkmer heads with a new mesh for the ears combined with the Khajiit eyes. I think the first one. And a design edit of using an actual cat/dog-like nostril would be optional like what I currently did in DKH. However to make it clear, I'm only willing to do the low poly model, not anything fancy like normal maps, etc. I'll get back to you all on actually doing this by the end of the month.)

Dude, every single time I ask you for something, I feel like I'm pestering you with my endless requests, lol :s. The fact that you are even willing to help me with all that stuff is beyond amazing.

But yeah, really nice to hear you would be okay with giving it a try. I think I can take over this project, or at least manage it. Unless MadMansGun wants to take over himself or at least be part of it, that is. But seeing how busy he is with the More Nasty Critters revamp, I would say I'm the only candidate, lol. And seems like SteelNortman is at least willing to try, which is neat.

As for where to start, the Khajiit heads may not be a bad idea, but since the snout looks pretty shark-ish (it's even mentioned in the background info for the race), maybe option B aka modified shark head is worth a try, at least. But anyway, better to leave this kind of discussions for when we are actually about to work on them.

Even if you don't make the hi-polys for normal baking, having the base head alone is great, and seeing that kind of big progress on the mod may attract people with the required skills that may be willing to do it. Who knows. 

For Skyrim, it's best that you don't start a head from scratch. What you want to do is morph a head and keep the same vertex count and poly count. It takes a lot more time than making a model from scratch because you have to move a lot of polygons individually to change the shape and keep the tri polygons as an even quad layout as it is by default. That also helps people who are making textures. From there, Blaze69 usually handles the rest like auto morphing the phonemes (expression morphs) in BodySlide & Outfit Studios, and setting it up for in game use.

I use heads from the "Citrus Heads" Mod. For my application of choice, I use Zbrush and some of my morphed head work can be found here. Also, a further edited version of what will be my final "KBO" model can be used for the body and normal maps.

Yup, this is very important. Creating new heads from scratch is certainly possible, and the only requirement for the mesh itself is that it fits the vanilla neck seam placement. You can import any vanilla head and use it as a reference while creating your new one, for example. The problem comes afterwards: tri files.

Skyrim uses .tri files for the heads that store mesh data for three things: the chargen sliders, the facial expressions, and the mouth phonemes. Basically, a tri file contains the base head (or mouth/eyes/whatever) mesh as well as a modfied version for each and every of the morphs/expressions/phonemes. There is a version for the "Aaah" phoneme with the mouth wide open, there is a "CombatAnger" expression with a frown and slightly-opened mouth showing the teeth, there is a "BlinkLeft" expression where, well, the left eye is closed... You get the idea. A tri is basically like a Blender mesh with a lot of shape keys, one for each morph/expression/phoneme.

If you create a new head from scratch, you have to build each and every single of those modified versions of the head so you can build the required .tri file. Otherwise, the head remains completely static and looks like a helmet or a mask (and I'm certainly ot going to work on a race mod whose head is going to be a mask).

Creating the .tri files for new heads and headparts is feasible and has been done already (the Crimes Against Nature or the original Sharkmer/Cerinian/Katia Managan race mods are a good example of it, even if they are basically joke mods), but it would take a lot of work. Though if you are willing to do it, I can guide you through the process and take care of most of the other work.

Otherwise, the option is to do what Nightro and I did for the new shark heads: take an existing vanilla head and change the shape so it looks like a sergal. That way, we can use the existing .tri files for the heads, and at most we would only need to tweak a few of the morphs that may not look good when applied on the new base shape, but "editing a few" is most certainly less than "creating all of them from scratch".

So, that's how things are. Let us know what are your thoughts on it.

To be honest, I was simply listing the reason I can't start the mod from scratch and do it myself, never intended it to actually encourage people to step up and take the challenge, lol. Even if it doesn't lead anywhere, I am pleasantly surprised :lol:. Here is to hoping it actually does, though.

"pester"  :o  :wacko: Lol, spoke too soon. I don't mind considering that I would only be morphing from an already highly edited head that I already made to start off with. If it were from scratch from another default Citrus Head, I might have declined. But there will be a waiting period before I get to it.

Dude, every single time I ask you for something, I feel like I'm pestering you with my endless requests, lol :s. The fact that you are even willing to help me with all that stuff is beyond amazing. 

That's fine lol. I like feeling needed and it fuels my ego.  :P  BTW, Human type races are so overworked on that there isn't much to do. Other races are more interesting to work on, but neglected, and It helps add skill in this type of work. Although I do have my own projects and human stuff do and I do need to manage my work better though.  :s  The human stuff, I will probably just drop on HeroedeLeyenda.

Unless MadMansGun wants to take over himself or at least be part of it, that is. But seeing how busy he is with the More Nasty Critters revamp, I would say I'm the only candidate, lol. And seems like SteelNortman is at least willing to try, which is neat.

be wary of the curse, for it will destroy your sanity and any other forms of logic :wacko:

but if you can find a way to rip things from SecondLife (or sketchfab) it may speed things up a bit:

https://sketchfab.com/models/6861818cd00e4f6ca1575be96fa6f1da

be wary of the curse, for it will destroy your sanity and any other forms of logic :wacko:

Ain't no curse gonna prevent me from getting my sexy anthros in Skyrim, lol.

(The only thing that does is my lack of more extensive skills, though. Oh, well.)

But then again, we didn't have any playable anthro shark race some time ago even though people did want to have it, and things are way different now. You never know  :P.

but if you can find a way to rip things from SecondLife (or sketchfab) it may speed things up a bit:

Well, the model is nice indeed, with neat details and all. Outside of the lack of naughty bits, that is; considering it's from Second Life and taking into account all the things I've heard about it, I would have expected the opposite, lol.

Still, the best we could use that for in Skyrim would be to create a "Sergal furbodysuit", and I think that is not worth it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist about it: IMO a proper anthro race mod needs to fit Skyrim's body standards and head part setup as well as include heads with the proper morphs/expressions/phonemes. Otherwise it isn't an actual race mod but a costume instead  :s.

The hands can be ripped off and the seams can be tweaked to fit vanilla. The feet is a maybe. We can cut it off and match the vanilla seam, but the rest would have to go through Bad Dog and use his digi skeleton. The tail will likely works, but either it will need to be shortened to fit the tail skeleton or the tail skeleton will need to be edited. For the body, any detail like that would only be able to be put in the normal maps. The head is a no and needs to be morphed from an existing Skyrim head, like Citrus Heads.

:wacko: I think you put too much doubt into things with these curse videos. Do you want this to happen?   :-/  And honestly, it doesn't seem that difficult if me and Blaze were to take it seriously. And maybe Bad Dog too, for the feet.

I think you put too much doubt into things with these curse videos. Do you want this to happen?

bad things keep happening to me and my computer whenever i tried to work on it.

i can put a horse dick on a werewolf and make it fuck a dragon, but everything goes to blood covered shit whenever i try to do anything with the cheese headed land sharks.

Archived