[Conversion] Issues with an Outfit nif in CK

So, I was trying to convert this Sweet Lolita Outfit to UNP Jiggle and ran into a very weird problem. 3DS Max export the outfit just fine. Vertice order stays the same. Weighting is OK. The outfit shows up correctly in Nifskope and 3DS Max. However, when I try to add it into the game with CK, it appears broken in the Preview windows and it is indeed broken in game. I have tried everything (reweighting, re-export, stripify, etc), but it still doesn't work.

Size.jpg

Pic 1: Output nifs SLdress_0.nif and SLdress_1.nif have the same size (and same vertices count for each part)

Nifskope.jpg

Pic 2: Nifskope View. Everything is normal

3_DS_Max.jpg

Pic 3: Import the nif into 3DS Max and it still displays correctly

image.jpg

Pic 4: Broken in CK, and broken in game. As you can see, only a small portion of the dress shows up here...

I also attach the rar file with all the meshes, texture, and esp, so it's easier for you guys to test it out. Please help :(

snip

Once I had exactly the same problem (I was using Blender.)

I did not find a perfect solution (tried to export and re-weight a godzillion times.)

The only partial solution I found, was to edit it with BodySlide. Then it was OK in game (but still strange in CK.)

snip

Once I had exactly the same problem (I was using Blender.)

I did not find a perfect solution (tried to export and re-weight a godzillion times.)

The only partial solution I found, was to edit it with BodySlide. Then it was OK in game (but still strange in CK.)

CPU, can you elaborate on those edit ? Can I just import/export the nifs through Bodyslide? Will that work?

I get this error when loading the .esp.

post-25667-0-03214800-1451352862_thumb.jpg

I get this error when trying to load one of the nifs that are selected for the addon part to see how it looks in CK.

post-25667-0-46050200-1451352915_thumb.jpg

This is what I see in CK.

post-25667-0-55243100-1451353110_thumb.jpg

I noticed with both the back up and the other files is that there is a weird spot seen on the back but disappears when you get closer. Not sure if that would cause anything or not.

post-25667-0-49562700-1451353220_thumb.jpg

Also not sure but shouldn't the world model be using the female one and not the male one or does it matter which is used?

The outfit appears fine in bodyslid the back up and the other one.

In game I see this when wearing the dress.

post-25667-0-36692100-1451354094_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-90248500-1451354107_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-77334700-1451354122_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-86581100-1451354146_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-06884600-1451354157_thumb.jpg

CPU, can you elaborate on those edit ? Can I just import/export the nifs through Bodyslide? Will that work?

More than "BodySlide" I was talking about "Outfit Studio".

Just do a quick project with it, browse your body NIF, browse you Armor NIF, and start manipulating it.

Then save.

It solved my problem, but required a few times and trials.

Hah ! I figured it out, turns out Poser conversion doesn't work with BSDismemberedSkinModifier due to the way they were weighted. I just switch that to NiSkinInstance and the outfit works fine now. Thank you very much myuhinny !

Glad to help and that you got it all figured out. I wasn't sure what the cause might of been till I took a screenshot of the one so that I could look at one in paint-net while looking at the other one in nifskope and see if I saw anything that might of been different between the 2.

Archived