[Taking request] [Tutorial] FOMod for everyone!

LeFlemard

Hello!
I'm currently at home due to health issue, so I thought about doing small jobs for mod makers.

1. What's a FOMod and why should I want one ?

A FOMod is an auto installer for complex mods. Basically if you propose 2 differents texture, meshes, scripts... for the same object, the installer will ask you which one you want to install (different parameters are disponible : at max one, all, at least one, none, optional). Generally, you have to assume that if you have multiple version, even with a clear readme, of your files, one young modder will have trouble with it. Making a FOMod will reduce the amount of simple problem in your thread.

2. Why are you offering this ?

Like I said, I have health issue (not very important, I just have to stay at home for a month) which give me plenty of spare time. It's also because I see a lot of comments asking how to install, which can be very annoying.

3. What's the catch ?

Nothing, you just have to note that my upload speed is very poor (max 100kb/s).

4. How to format my request ?

I need different things for your fomod :

I. The name of your mod (to show it correctly in the mod organizer).

II. Your author name (it's sometime different than your lover's lab username)

III. Your files or a link to your files.

IV. A clear readme on how to install your files (or you can link your indication)

V. A title and description of each modules of your mod (by modules, I mean each different files, please indicate those which are optional, exclusive...)

VI. Pics, I can do without, but it's preferable to have pics for each modules and for your mod.

VII. Additional stuff you want in it, by example a link to your modpage, author you're thanking for your mods, etc....

I will ignore people not doing this format (if you're too lazy for that, I'm too lazy too)

I'll also can do only 5 at a times, please wait a bit if the queue is full!

Next on the list.....

Ah, yes! I will also post (from time to time) tutorial parts on how to do it yourself. I'll link every post here so you won't have to explore the thread for hours.

Thank you for reading

(I wanted to post in the non adult part, so if a modo can move it, pretty please ? :D)

I know you do have a certain type of template to follow when posting questions, but mine does not really include in your templates. If you have the time to answer I will be very pleased. 

Q: I was wondering if you know of any way (as for today) to move a custom 3D model in to a correct nif structure for a nif file. (I only know of some older Skyrim and previous Fallout titles; plugins that does this) I have yet to see any plugin like that for Fallout 4. 

Thank you.

I know you do have a certain type of template to follow when posting questions, but mine does not really include in your templates. If you have the time to answer I will be very pleased. 

Q: I was wondering if you know of any way (as for today) to move a custom 3D model in to a correct nif structure for a nif file. (I only know of some older Skyrim and previous Fallout titles; plugins that does this) I have yet to see any plugin like that for Fallout 4. 

Thank you.

You mean automatically placing a custom nif file in the correct folder, right ?. Because that's exactly what fomod is able to do :)

(but if you meant putting a model inside a model, no luck here, I'm no modeler)

Thank you.

You mean automatically placing a custom nif file in the correct folder, right ?. Because that's exactly what fomod is able to do :)

(but if you meant putting a model inside a model, no luck here, I'm no modeler)

Oh, that I got covered, but I am talking about the structure of a Fallout 4 nif. Let's say I would like to take a original weapon from F4 and change its meshes to one of my 3d model. I am not sure how to do that because the format of the meshes in the Nif file is of .bgsm format. Not sure if this made any sense but that is where I am stuck right now.

Thanks for the reply!

Archived