[REQUEST] remove part of meash

thelonelystoner

That may prove a bit difficult with that to remove that much and have it look right. You can either try zapping the bottom you don't want, or you can try the move vertices tool in outfit studio to just shrink the whole bottom of the coat up, but that would take you a good long/painful while...

Hello thelonelystoner,

why you want to edit the mesh? The nif have an NiAlphaProperty, and the related dds-file an alpha-channel, so you can just edit the alpha channel of the dds file in Photoshop and you are done. I ve made a long explanation for that, made an example with Photoshop, loaded the nif in OS, made a screenshoot of that, uploaded here with the example .dds / and psd file, attached it to the post, attached the screenshoot of OS, then clicked on "preview post" and

F*U*C*K

an error message poped up and I lost all the work I've done with this post, because I am new to Loverslab and I am not allowed to post links. Yes i'am allowed to upload up to 100mb, but I am not allowed to link them in my post - how stupid is that?

sorry for my bad English, I wish I was able to help.

PS: On second attempt I could upload now the 7z file with dds/psd example files.

post-1010081-0-71475200-1451300019_thumb.jpg

MaxonCoa.7z

Hello thelonelystoner,

why you want to edit the mesh? The nif have an NiAlphaProperty, and the related dds-file an alpha-channel, so you can just edit the alpha channel of the dds file in Photoshop and you are done. I ve made a long explanation for that, made an example with Photoshop, loaded the nif in OS, made a screenshoot of that, uploaded here with the example .dds / and psd file, attached it to the post, attached the screenshoot of OS, then clicked on "preview post" and

F*U*C*K

an error message poped up and I lost all the work I've done with this post, because I am new to Loverslab and I am not allowed to post links. Yes i'am allowed to upload up to 100mb, but I am not allowed to link them in my post - how stupid is that?

sorry for my bad English, I wish I was able to help.

PS: On second attempt I could upload now the 7z file with dds/psd example files.

Hey so now that i look at it its the armor coat tails animation thats crumpling up is their a way to diable the animation

is their a way to diable the animation

Sorry cant help you. I know almost nothing about NIFs or animations. I am more a Photoshoper. I know how to edit pathnames with NifSkope, or adding an alpha channel, was hard work of trial and error to find out :), that's it.

When I made mods for Skyrim I installed some stuff like Blender or 3DS Max, but didn't make it to understand what I have to do, to change meshes.

Well I am more a programmer not a 3D modeler, and to old to learn.

Happy new year

Bla©k Widowmaker

PS: You just cut the coat over the pockets? That's very strange and don't looks good, sorry. But perhaps its a matter of taste.

PPS: Perhaps it would look better if you shorten it even more till the cut is over the pockets, but under the belt.

Archived