[Request] CBBE Stockings

DocBurN

Tried the pantyhose overlay from skyrim....unp hose though...needed a touch of liquify in photoshop to align the textures, but bad distortion. Passable results from a distance. The seam for the nets is inside the leg, so least visible.

Charming High Heels for Skyrim has some set up for CBBE with meshes that might be easier to work with. I just chopped it at the ankle with an alpha. There are sheer, and net style available as well.

Still tweaking the mesh placement, all done in BodySlide.

attachicon.gifPoison019.JPG

You could probably do the opposite of that - mask out the CBBE feet instead, and leave the ones in the heels. Might work. Have you tried it?

Nice, thank you very much!

Someone willing to write a foolproof guide how to add the stockings to any skin for those who know GIMP just by name?

Right now I'm dreaming of a mod which would allow me to combine various layers without any knowledge of specific software.

Me I would 'only' need a few layers:

- the basic skin (for me: natural, clean, dry, innies)

- trim of my pupic hair

- bra (none, different styles, various colors)

- panties (have to be separate, not allways wearing both together)

- collection of stockings and (seemingless) pantyhoses to fit the various dresses and my moods ;)

- merge and export to all, me, Piper, ...

Of course other grafic noobs would like to see tattoos, scars, etc. too.

Don't paint the stocking on the cbbe body.

Use a dedicated mesh.

There are a couple of stocking meshes for Skyrim that could be ported over.

The only down side is shoes, as they are part of the vanilla outfits.

Meshes is the easy part, figuring out partial transparency for FO4 is the hard one ;)

Use a dedicated mesh.

Look, I know that meshes are the best choice. But you said it yourself; the shoes. And also, usual clipping, gaps between the stocking meshes and skin etc.

Sometimes I just prefer to have stuff stuck on the textures. Even with drawbacks such as incompablity with other skin mods. But those can usually be fixed by simple copy paste actions.

Each to their own I guess.

I am having a blast trying all mix i can (since i just started to understand how thing works)

Thank you Kerq for your work.. i just made myself a tattooed version without front tats advertising mixed with your stocking just for fun... looks good

post-1023634-0-08505600-1452223734_thumb.png

post-1023634-0-99994700-1452223821_thumb.jpg

I am having a blast trying all mix i can (since i just started to understand how thing works)

Thank you Kerq for your work.. i just made myself a tattooed version without front tats advertising mixed with your stocking just for fun... looks good

Looks cool, yeah!

It's easy once you know how. :)

Yeah it is fun.

Here's my attempt.

post-659112-0-94931400-1452285726_thumb.jpg

There's a separate .dds with stockings if you want to put them on your custom skin texture.

I've changed _s as well, it's not required, but I think things look better this way. Just don't forget to back up your stuff before rewriting.

Original wet skin texture mod is by MisukoB (from this forum. thanks btw).

post-659112-0-94931400-1452285726_thumb.jpg

hustler_stockings1.rar

Use a dedicated mesh.

Meshes is the easy part, figuring out partial transparency for FO4 is the hard one ;)

You need to use a BSEffectShaderProperty with a BGEM material file instead of BSLightingShaderProperty and BGSM material.

stocking_test.jpg

stocking_test_nif_1.jpg

stocking_test_nif_2.jpg

File contains nif and BGEM materials file for reference.

stocking_test.7z

Dillpickle yay, thank you!

Got to this step so far (first attempt to add an item to the game lol):

post-659112-0-58844400-1452346768_thumb.jpg

Got a couple of issues (probably messed up some texture paths), but things work well overall.

I can see it working fine in nifskope (shouldn't it use the same shaders anyway?), and it works fine~ish (some minor clipping) with CBBE in game.

Where did you get the mesh from?

And how do I add things to it (weights mostly, as I have no idea how they work in the game and with CBBE).

If you can link me to any tuts on that, that would be awesome.

Though I can already try making a bunch of requested stockings using your mesh if you don't mind.

Thanks again!

post-659112-0-58844400-1452346768_thumb.jpg

Use a dedicated mesh.

You need to use a BSEffectShaderProperty with a BGEM material file instead of BSLightingShaderProperty and BGSM material.

stocking_test.jpg

stocking_test_nif_1.jpg

stocking_test_nif_2.jpg

attachicon.gifstocking_test.7z

Thank you! I did try bgem instead of bgsm before, but didn't change the shader property .

Use a dedicated mesh.

stocking_test.jpg

stocking_test_nif_1.jpg

stocking_test_nif_2.jpg

attachicon.gifstocking_test.7z

What is the Texture you are using (the one you placed in the data\texture\test\ folder).

Where did you get the mesh from?

The original mesh I believe is from DIMONIZED UNP clothing Resources by dimon99.

But it is used in many mods - Asharas Princess of the Woods, Bouncing Bodices, Misfit Mages, Luxurious Seduction... So there are plenty of texture options for it.

What is the Texture you are using (the one you placed in the data\texture\test\ folder).

Those particular textures are from Luxurious Seduction.

Rolled the Pantyhose/Stocking file that was used by DX and a couple of others in Skyrim thru a combo of Outfit Studio (convert Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE) and Maya (copied the weight paints from FO4 CBBE to the mesh and exported it as a FBX) and back into Outfit Studio (imported the FBX and saved as a nif).

So the file needs Textures, needs the texture path set, and needs a bgsm or bgem file to work with it.

But it is weight painted to the FO4 CBBE weights and shaped to fit tightly over the CBBE body.

Next up is tinkering with turning the triangles back to quads, applying smoothing, tinkering with the UV map then turning the higher quads back to triangles and exporting as a HD Stocking FBX in Maya (hopefully to get it closer to CBBE's poly/vertex count on the legs).

FO4 CBBE Stocking Mesh.7z

Note: the UV should still be the same as what DX used on the Merta Assassin Cuise (pants/stockings) so if you can convert the diffuse, normal, and spec's from that over you can use those to test with...

Rolled the Pantyhose/Stocking file that was used by DX and a couple of others in Skyrim thru a combo of Outfit Studio (convert Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE) and Maya (copied the weight paints from FO4 CBBE to the mesh and exported it as a FBX) and back into Outfit Studio (imported the FBX and saved as a nif).

So the file needs Textures, needs the texture path set, and needs a bgsm or bgem file to work with it.

But it is weight painted to the FO4 CBBE weights and shaped to fit tightly over the CBBE body.

Next up is tinkering with turning the triangles back to quads, applying smoothing, tinkering with the UV map then turning the higher quads back to triangles and exporting as a HD Stocking FBX in Maya (hopefully to get it closer to CBBE's poly/vertex count on the legs).

attachicon.gifFO4 CBBE Stocking Mesh.7z

Note: the UV should still be the same as what DX used on the Merta Assassin Cuise (pants/stockings) so if you can convert the diffuse, normal, and spec's from that over you can use those to test with...

Out of curiousity, why not just cut the mesh from fo4 cbbe base body, unwrap it( seems like 2 cylinder shape), uniform scale like maybe 0.2%, and then slap on some textures?  Or are those stocking from skyrim look really good?  Just want to learn some technique, hope you don't mind me asking.... :shy:

@knoFear

That is a good question.

And to be honest I've made a set of skin tight pants doing that same thing (just used a zap slider in outfit Studio and cut off the feet and above the waist).

Yes it could be done, you might need to straiten out the area between the toes, but it is possible.

Hell you could probably rebuild the UV map (in maya, max, or blender) and then create custom textures.

At this point I'm just tinkering with different things to see what is the easiest and most rewarding work flow.

This stuff definitely requires a different mesh. Full body plus a short dress to emulate garters/mini's etc.

Seems like Outfit studio allows to add custom meshes... didn't have time yet to try it out.

So, this is my first attempt (ever) to make a mod.

CBBE Stockings + BodySlide

HustlerLingerie_preAlpha.7z

post-659112-0-90073800-1452465129_thumb.jpg

This is just a test, I don't really plan to use this mesh/texture as it is very limiting.

Also, I'm not sure if using real world products is allowed :)

Topicstarter - share some thoughts!

What do you think, what should we do, etc.

EDIT: forgot to mention how to add this stuff.

goto console (~)

type in: help Hustler 4 armo

^ this should give you the item_id (bunch of numbers)

type in: player.addItem item_id

goto your pip boy -> apparel and you should see it there

EDIT2: alrighty, I've managed to load up a custom remesh and everything works as expected (cbbe,bodyslide,proper weights etc.).

Three days are totally wasted, but now I can pretty much add anything I want.

And I will probably start by porting over the lingerie set referenced earlier by Dillpickle, because why not.

whatever else you have installed for the hustlerlingerie id preventing me from using the stockings. I'm getting an error and my mod manager is denying the install.
it's pointing to a folder that doesn't exist on my pc and is saying the permission is denied to access it when its not.

edit: nvm

windows 10 being windows 10..

Hiya! I've spent the last four days trying to do exactly what yall have accomplished here... I dont suppose for learning purposes anyone would be willing to write up a step -by-step foe those of us exploring the modding tools for FO4?

I made a post over at the other forum showing what I had gotten so far... My problem was what I had to do with the mesh to get it to show up in FO4 from a skyrim based mesh, if that makes sense.

At work now, but will see what I can find out from otto's files later. Wanna learn, not just receive results. Thank you pioneers!

i tinkered a bit around and put together a few things i tried out maybe someone likes it its mostly a mashup from different skyrim and oblivion meshes

not perfect it clips a bit on the stockings and the boots are a bit dismorphed. It replaces Green shirt and Combat Boots but you can use it for any other clothes of your choice.

post-11025-0-71589600-1452618854_thumb.jpgtest.rar

I think your link is incorrect... Its a YouTube video on ESO for spell dmg vs spell critical hehe..

I was able to manipulate your (otto's) uploaded meshes in outfit studio and made the mash up I wanted. Now just need some time to figure out how to get the meshes working from other sources :)

Archived