CBBE Outfit Studio Conversions for BodySlide

XunAmarox

I didn't see a thread for everyone to post their conversions, other than a few people with their own threads, so... here we are. If you convert an outfit with outfit studio feel free to share it here.

To, um... kick the thread off, I guess, here's the ones I've done so far...

Army fatigues, calyps harness (lowcut pants - straps - dark), greaser jacket, institute worksuit, sweater vest, tuxedo:
Shared BodySlide Files.7z

Edit: You know what? Let's get more people doing this too. Here's a tutorial...

First of all, read the ReadMe file that came with BodySlide. There's some really useful information in there. For instance:

* If conforming an outfit to a new body with sliders (such as vanilla to CBBE), you don't need to save and load the outfit after creating the body conversion.
     Just use the "Slider -> Set Base Shape" function, then load a new reference slider set (File -> Load Reference).

That will be useful in a minute. But, let's jump right into it...

The first thing you're going to want to do in Outfit Studio is to start a New Project and choose Vanilla to CBBE (if converting a vanilla FO4 outfit, or the appropriate one if converting from Skyrim).
QdZOAuh.png

Next, you'll name your project - which is how it appears in the BodySlide drop-down, and load from a NIF file:
6dmL98i.png

If you don't know how to get NIF files, head over to Nexus and grab B.A.E. I'm not going to explain how to use it, but it's pretty easy. You open the archive you want to extract something from, then you select the stuff you want to extract, and choose somewhere to extract it to.

I'm using the Submarine Crew outfit from the vanilla game for the purposes of this tutorial. Once you're to this point you'll see a lot of skin clipping through the outfit and what have you but that's unimportant right now. What you want to do is click on FOutfit_0 in the top right and then click Slider>Conform to Sliders (up at the top menu bar).

Now we just drag the Vanilla to CBBE slider all the way over to 100% and then Slider>Set Base Shape. The clipping is way worse now, but that's okay. Still unimportant.

Now up at the top left we're going to do File>Load Reference and then CBBE Body. Now we need to conform again, so click FOutfit_0 and go to Slider>Confirm to Sliders.

If you move one of the sliders now you'll see that it changes the shape of the mesh but before we get to that we need to fix the skin that is clipping through the armor (yes now we can worry about it :P). So, select the "increase mesh volume in an area" tool up at the top mid (5th icon from the left) and go over some of the spots that look like skin clips through and left click on them until they look good.

Right click + mouse movement will rotate the camera and middle click will pan. Your scroll wheel zooms in & out.

I fixed mine all how it needs to be in ~30 seconds. Now, we can get a little more advanced if you want to better match the CBBE shape. To get started doing that all you need to do is click the little eye icon next to FOutfit_0 and it'll switch to hidden. Click it again and it'll switch to wireframe view. You can see how far away the clothes are from the body. If some parts are too far away from the body like around the pubic mound area, the back, or the breasts (and so on), you can use the tools to correct this before we move on. I like a bit more form fitting outfits so I decreased the volume of my back & pubic mound area a little bit.

At this point you now have the arduous task of going through each of the sliders and fixing the clipping in each of them. So, click the little pencil next to the Breasts slider. It'll pop up with a warning saying that you haven't saved and so forth... click yes (otherwise everything you just did will be lost). Now fix the clipping present with 100% breasts slider. Click the pencil again when you're finished.

Move on to the next slider, which should be BreastsNewSSH. There are other sliders, but there are only really just a handful that you need to edit. Once you finish continue on along the list. The main focus areas are likely going to be the breast, butt, and thigh sliders. The rest tend to not need all that much (if any) input on your part.

Once you finish the major sliders that needed fixing you can check some more extreme morphs and fix them. Rather than having all sliders at 0% before fixing anything try for example setting your breasts slider to 100% and then editing your BreastsNewSSH. You'll see there's a lot more clipping to fix with this combination of sliders. Next, you can set BreastsNewSSH to 100% and check DoubleMelon. Then, PushUp after that.

At this point you can zero your sliders back, and do the same for the butt sliders to check for extreme combinations there. Of course, you can be as thorough or as lazy as you want. It's your conversion. Some you might want to check are Butt , Apple Cheeks, ButtShape2, BackArch. Mine didn't require any corrections with those, so I'm pretty much done. So, I zero out my sliders again. And, note this segment from the ReadMe:

To quickly set all sliders to 0, use "Slider -> Load Slider Preset" and just click OK with "Zero All" selected.

What we want to do now is File > Save Project As. For me, my project name was "0x Submarine Crew" so my Output Data Path is totally wrong, as "meshes\armor\0x Submarine Crew" but it needs to be "Meshes\Clothes\SubmarineCrew" instead. I also don't want to copy the reference shape because there's no visible skin, so the CBBE body mesh isn't needed.

LkHU5Lx.png

All that's left is checking it in BodySlide and building it with the preset of your choice:

zif19Qw.png

Then checking it in-game.

E9qzeYP.jpg
DTSctcS.jpg

Mission: Success!

Now you should share your conversion with everyone else (since that's kind of the point of this thread!). So, create a folder that you want to zip up or 7z or rar or whatever, and create two folders in there: ShapeData and SliderSets. Then, just go to your BodySlide folder and go into those two real folders and copy your outfit's shape data folder (for me that would be a folder called "0x Submarine Crew") to your ShapeData folder you're sharing, and your SliderSets *.osp file into your SliderSets folder that you're sharing. For me, that's "0x Submarine Crew.osp" and here it is:

SubmarineCrew Outfit.7z

Nice tutorial and thread (admit I skimmed the text but sure it covers everything), only ones i've bothered doing myself is a couple of 2pac's skimpy armors. Not much point me uploading them as he is going to be setting his up with sliders anyways. Will dump any vanilla etc I get around to doing here.

Thanks, we need all the help telling people how to actually use our mods.

I still have to move my Skyrim tutorials to the FO4 page and update them, but one often doesn't have enough time because of actually doing the mod itself (and taking a break after releasing it + holidays).

Still working on it, though. Already fixed the issue with zaps that the preview window had: https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/commit/96e1a027e9c0564ac439dca3035b7fa56dd9263d

Thanks, we need all the help telling people how to actually use our mods.

I still have to move my Skyrim tutorials to the FO4 page and update them, but one often doesn't have enough time because of actually doing the mod itself (and taking a break after releasing it + holidays).

Still working on it, though. Already fixed the issue with zaps that the preview window had: https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/commit/96e1a027e9c0564ac439dca3035b7fa56dd9263d

The biggest problems for me right now are all of the cloth weighting stuff not importing on basically anything similar to a trench coat or lab coat. That, and dismemberment not working.

Also, I think a few of the slider names in Outfit Studio don't match the ones in BodySlide which makes it a little confusing.

You can totally add that tutorial as an article to the BS+OS page if you want, or use it however you'd like. It's there to help people.

It would be much more helpful and effective if someone posted a youtube vid showing from start to finish how to convert not only an outfit that is already in the game, but how to convert an outfit that we download off nexus, like calyps open harness for example, that ones pretty popular. 

It would be much more helpful and effective if someone posted a youtube vid showing from start to finish how to convert not only an outfit that is already in the game, but how to convert an outfit that we download off nexus, like calyps open harness for example, that ones pretty popular. 

Or you could just download this http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6923/? tongue.png

Plenty of youtube vids already covering bodyslide, it's a lil different to skyrim but really not that much.

Thank you so much for this step-by-step tutorial. I really was getting frustrated trying to figure out how to do a conversion. It was especially hard as I had never used Bodyslide or Outfit Studio before. The process is not intuitive (at least to me) and the tutorials I found were all geared to Skyrim and just confused this old geezer more. After following your steps I was amazed that I actually finished one that worked in game. Thanks again.

Got the green light to share the N7 Combat Armor Standalone CBBE conversion from ruddy88.

Requires http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5016/? and the attached bodyslide files...

Updated V1.1

- fixes most clippings from big breast settings

- underlays like vault111

still working on getting rid of all clippings from chest pieces and doing it without making it look weird :P

N7 CBBE.7z

N7 CBBE v1.1.7z

I didn't see a thread for everyone to post their conversions, other than a few people with their own threads, so... here we are. If you convert an outfit with outfit studio feel free to share it here.

To, um... kick the thread off, I guess, here's the ones I've done so far...

Army fatigues, calyps harness (lowcut pants - straps - dark), greaser jacket, institute worksuit, sweater vest, tuxedo:

attachicon.gifShared BodySlide Files.7z

Edit: You know what? Let's get more people doing this too. Here's a tutorial...

First of all, read the ReadMe file that came with BodySlide. There's some really useful information in there. For instance:

* If conforming an outfit to a new body with sliders (such as vanilla to CBBE), you don't need to save and load the outfit after creating the body conversion.

Just use the "Slider -> Set Base Shape" function, then load a new reference slider set (File -> Load Reference).

That will be useful in a minute. But, let's jump right into it...

The first thing you're going to want to do in Outfit Studio is to start a New Project and choose Vanilla to CBBE (if converting a vanilla FO4 outfit, or the appropriate one if converting from Skyrim).

QdZOAuh.png

Next, you'll name your project - which is how it appears in the BodySlide drop-down, and load from a NIF file:

6dmL98i.png

If you don't know how to get NIF files, head over to Nexus and grab B.A.E. I'm not going to explain how to use it, but it's pretty easy. You open the archive you want to extract something from, then you select the stuff you want to extract, and choose somewhere to extract it to.

I'm using the Submarine Crew outfit from the vanilla game for the purposes of this tutorial. Once you're to this point you'll see a lot of skin clipping through the outfit and what have you but that's unimportant right now. What you want to do is click on FOutfit_0 in the top right and then click Slider>Conform to Sliders (up at the top menu bar).

Now we just drag the Vanilla to CBBE slider all the way over to 100% and then Slider>Set Base Shape. The clipping is way worse now, but that's okay. Still unimportant.

Now up at the top left we're going to do File>Load Reference and then CBBE Body. Now we need to conform again, so click FOutfit_0 and go to Slider>Confirm to Sliders.

If you move one of the sliders now you'll see that it changes the shape of the mesh but before we get to that we need to fix the skin that is clipping through the armor (yes now we can worry about it :P). So, select the "increase mesh volume in an area" tool up at the top mid (5th icon from the left) and go over some of the spots that look like skin clips through and left click on them until they look good.

Right click + mouse movement will rotate the camera and middle click will pan. Your scroll wheel zooms in & out.

I fixed mine all how it needs to be in ~30 seconds. Now, we can get a little more advanced if you want to better match the CBBE shape. To get started doing that all you need to do is click the little eye icon next to FOutfit_0 and it'll switch to hidden. Click it again and it'll switch to wireframe view. You can see how far away the clothes are from the body. If some parts are too far away from the body like around the pubic mound area, the back, or the breasts (and so on), you can use the tools to correct this before we move on. I like a bit more form fitting outfits so I decreased the volume of my back & pubic mound area a little bit.

At this point you now have the arduous task of going through each of the sliders and fixing the clipping in each of them. So, click the little pencil next to the Breasts slider. It'll pop up with a warning saying that you haven't saved and so forth... click yes (otherwise everything you just did will be lost). Now fix the clipping present with 100% breasts slider. Click the pencil again when you're finished.

Move on to the next slider, which should be BreastsNewSSH. There are other sliders, but there are only really just a handful that you need to edit. Once you finish continue on along the list. The main focus areas are likely going to be the breast, butt, and thigh sliders. The rest tend to not need all that much (if any) input on your part.

Once you finish the major sliders that needed fixing you can check some more extreme morphs and fix them. Rather than having all sliders at 0% before fixing anything try for example setting your breasts slider to 100% and then editing your BreastsNewSSH. You'll see there's a lot more clipping to fix with this combination of sliders. Next, you can set BreastsNewSSH to 100% and check DoubleMelon. Then, PushUp after that.

At this point you can zero your sliders back, and do the same for the butt sliders to check for extreme combinations there. Of course, you can be as thorough or as lazy as you want. It's your conversion. Some you might want to check are Butt , Apple Cheeks, ButtShape2, BackArch. Mine didn't require any corrections with those, so I'm pretty much done. So, I zero out my sliders again. And, note this segment from the ReadMe:

To quickly set all sliders to 0, use "Slider -> Load Slider Preset" and just click OK with "Zero All" selected.

What we want to do now is File > Save Project As. For me, my project name was "0x Submarine Crew" so my Output Data Path is totally wrong, as "meshes\armor\0x Submarine Crew" but it needs to be "Meshes\Clothes\SubmarineCrew" instead. I also don't want to copy the reference shape because there's no visible skin, so the CBBE body mesh isn't needed.

LkHU5Lx.png

All that's left is checking it in BodySlide and building it with the preset of your choice:

zif19Qw.png

Then checking it in-game.

E9qzeYP.jpg

DTSctcS.jpg

Mission: Success!

Now you should share your conversion with everyone else (since that's kind of the point of this thread!). So, create a folder that you want to zip up or 7z or rar or whatever, and create two folders in there: ShapeData and SliderSets. Then, just go to your BodySlide folder and go into those two real folders and copy your outfit's shape data folder (for me that would be a folder called "0x Submarine Crew") to your ShapeData folder you're sharing, and your SliderSets *.osp file into your SliderSets folder that you're sharing. For me, that's "0x Submarine Crew.osp" and here it is:

attachicon.gifSubmarineCrew Outfit.7z

Thank you very much for this tutorial. I followed the same clothes and seems ok, but I have problems when I want to convert from skyrim cbbe to FO4 cbbe. For example I was trying to convert boots and got the boots and the body separate and all the slides affected the body but not the boots. 

With others I get constantly errors of missing bones, sometimes OS crashes but when I get loaded something it always come in two parts and the armor piece itself never gets affected by the slides, only the body that is separated from the armor piece. I'm lost.

If you or someone else could make a tutorial for converting armors from skyrim would be amazing.

Got the green light to share the N7 Combat Armor Standalone CBBE conversion from ruddy88.

Requires http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5016/? and the attached bodyslide files...

you did an awesome job on this! :D  but there bit of a problem with the heavy Torso with the breasts theirs a bit of clipping

post-33579-0-21694400-1451273718_thumb.jpgpost-33579-0-85712200-1451273757_thumb.jpg

and as you can see here its worse with bigger breasts

post-33579-0-53678800-1451273882_thumb.jpgpost-33579-0-27819600-1451274110_thumb.jpgpost-33579-0-00153600-1451274119_thumb.jpg

here's my presets

big bust Testing 2.1.xml

small bust Testing 2.2.xml

Requires http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5016/? and the attached bodyslide files...

you did an awesome job on this! :D but there bit of a problem with the heavy Torso with the breasts theirs a bit of clipping

2015-12-27_00001.jpg Untitled1.jpg

and as you can see here its worse with bigger breasts

Untitled2.jpg 2015-12-27_00002.jpg 2015-12-27_00003.jpg

here's my presets

big bust Testing 2.1.xml

small bust Testing 2.2.xml

I just realized that too xD

I'll work on it in a bit

I just realized that too xD

I'll work on it in a bit

also the n7 suits seem a bit off, when i switch back a forth from the vault111 suit to the n7 one and doing this wile wearing the n7 armor, some of the proportions are off a bit compared to the vault111 suit

Archived