[WIP] LooksMenu

Expired6978

Ox so does anyone know what the Keywords do in BodyGen?

BodyGen.SetMorph(akActor, iGender, "BigBelly", kwStomach, fBelly)
I'm just putting a dummy keyword in and it seems to work

The keywords are supposed to be keywords from your mod. As when you remove your mod, the bindings will be removed with it (as the keyword no longer exists).

For example if you made a mod that made a number of NPCs pregnant, removing your mod would remove the pregnancy morph from all the NPCs using the keyword you specified. It's not wrong to use base game keywords, but this means your data won't ever be cleaned up as the base game keywords always exist. You can also specify None, which is what LooksMenu itself uses.

The keywords are supposed to be keywords from your mod. As when you remove your mod, the bindings will be removed with it (as the keyword no longer exists).

For example if you made a mod that made a number of NPCs pregnant, removing your mod would remove the pregnancy morph from all the NPCs using the keyword you specified. It's not wrong to use base game keywords, but this means your data won't ever be cleaned up as the base game keywords always exist. You can also specify None, which is what LooksMenu itself uses.

Excellent, thank you :)

Hello Expired, some questions, if I can rude enough to pick your (brilliant) brain :blush:  (or anyone with the knowledge of course, please and thank you!).

1: Just wondering of there's a way to 'unbake'  a morph from an NPC please? I remember in Skyrim badcock(link) made an .esp spell. Will similar require a talented modder to produce or can console commands achieve this?

2: (noob question sorry) A follower mods companion has form id  " f99 " the shortness of this has confused me, in morphs.ini do I write that ID simply as f99 or does it need some preceding zero's? How many please?

3: Much less simple, NO WORRIES if there's no answer yet- the above mentioned problem of bodies loosing their morphs after fast travel- is there anything we can do to minimise or fix this, or  help in QA maybe? No worries if not, thanks muchly! :heart:

Hello Expired, some questions, if I can rude enough to pick your (brilliant) brain :blush:  (or anyone with the knowledge of course, please and thank you!).

1: Just wondering of there's a way to 'unbake'  a morph from an NPC please? I remember in Skyrim badcock(link) made an .esp spell. Will similar require a talented modder to produce or can console commands achieve this?

2: (noob question sorry) A follower mods companion has form id  " f99 " the shortness of this has confused me, in morphs.ini do I write that ID simply as f99 or does it need some preceding zero's? How many please?

3: Much less simple, NO WORRIES if there's no answer yet- the above mentioned problem of bodies loosing their morphs after fast travel- is there anything we can do to minimise or fix this, or  help in QA maybe? No worries if not, thanks muchly! :heart:

1. Unbake as in remove that morph? It can be done by setting it to zero, or removing it from script. Or do you mean remove all morphs and prevent BodyGen? Only problem with removing all morphs is it technically allows it to be regenerated by BodyGen, better to have a dummy morph applied (That doesn't correlate to an actual morph)

2. Preceding zeros are unnecessary. Max of 6 characters as it does not include the Mod Index.

3. It should be fixed with 1.3.2

yes. you can edit Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\CBBE.esp\sliders.json

like this, for example 

"name": "$Breasts",
"morph": "Breasts",
"minimum": -2.0,
"maximum": 2.0,
"interval": 0.25,
"gender": 1

Hmm, I thought the maximums for morphs were 1? What are the Maximum & Minimums?

1. Unbake as in remove that morph? It can be done by setting it to zero, or removing it from script. Or do you mean remove all morphs and prevent BodyGen? Only problem with removing all morphs is it technically allows it to be regenerated by BodyGen, better to have a dummy morph applied (That doesn't correlate to an actual morph)

Thanks very much for replying :D ! 2 and 3 sorted then. As for 1, what I mean , as an example:  I first go NEARish Diamond City, unknowingly Piper, she gets CBBE Curvy baked into her for that save. When I then meet her properly, I can't take that body morph away from her, either by editing  the values of CBBE Curvy in template.ini, nor changing Pipers designated template in morph.ini.

Once a character has a morph in a save, is there any way to change or refresh it? Apologies I am obviously wording this so badly.

Hmm, I thought the maximums for morphs were 1? What are the Maximum & Minimums?

Er I don't think there any maximum or minimums- there probably ARE, but  I've gone to 999% (9.99) in my sliders just fine, so no real world applicable limits.

Thanks very much for replying :D ! 2 and 3 sorted then. As for 1, what I mean , as an example:  I first go NEARish Diamond City, unknowingly Piper, she gets CBBE Curvy baked into her for that save. When I then meet her properly, I can't take that body morph away from her, either by editing  the values of CBBE Curvy in template.ini, nor changing Pipers designated template in morph.ini.

Once a character has a morph in a save, is there any way to change or refresh it? Apologies I am obviously wording this so badly.

BodyGen applies its morphs on the same key as LooksMenu, you can remove them through LooksMenu. There is no quick way to purge all morphs for a character yet. I've added the functionality as a script function for the next version. Removing all morphs results in a re-evaluation of BodyGen the next time the NPC's 3d is loaded. 

I can add another function to Regenerate by request if that helps.

Thank you for the reply and info, supremely helpful :) SLM in Fallout4 for use on NPC's is something I'm still getting used to, good tactic to utilise to tweak a morph on individuals..

I think a regenerate call would be valuable still, but I guess it's not a huge priority for the community if it takes time/effort away from other valuable areas. Thank you for all your input, I'm away n very happy now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this question in the nexus page as well but will ask here as well in case others have an idea.

I'm using ModOrganizer2 (in portable mode to avoid having to make dynamic links). When I go to the presets, save works (file shows up in overwrite folder) but nothing ever shows up in the preset list to load.

I checked the Papyrus log and didn't see any activity or errors about the looksmenu. The f4ee log was also empty except for the initial line (f4ee).

Any idea what's wrong? And is the f4ee.log being empty also a sign of a problem? I tested this on a very minimal load order (only UF4P and LooksMenu) to rule out conflicts while testing.

I posted this question in the nexus page as well but will ask here as well in case others have an idea.

I'm using ModOrganizer2 (in portable mode to avoid having to make dynamic links). When I go to the presets, save works (file shows up in overwrite folder) but nothing ever shows up in the preset list to load.

I checked the Papyrus log and didn't see any activity or errors about the looksmenu. The f4ee log was also empty except for the initial line (f4ee).

Any idea what's wrong? And is the f4ee.log being empty also a sign of a problem? I tested this on a very minimal load order (only UF4P and LooksMenu) to rule out conflicts while testing.

What I had to do to get the to show was to create the actually required directories in the fallout directory;

Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

In other words create each of those directories where they should be, then give it a try and it should work then, this was posted somewhere else in one of the thread or maybe earlier in this one not too sure.

You do not need to post the presets into the real directory, just create the empty stucture.

What I had to do to get the to show was to create the actually required directories in the fallout directory;

Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

In other words create each of those directories where they should be, then give it a try and it should work then, this was posted somewhere else in one of the thread or maybe earlier in this one not too sure.

You do not need to post the presets into the real directory, just create the empty stucture.

Well, what do you know, that worked. Is that an MO2 quirk?

Any other little-known MO2 quirks I should know about? I've already discovered the local profile ini and local save features don't work (or is there a way to make them work with a tweak?).

Regarding the looksmenu, when doing showlooksmenu is it working intended that I can't adjust the camera? And that the camera doesn't zoom in when working on the face?

Well, what do you know, that worked. Is that an MO2 quirk?

Any other little-known MO2 quirks I should know about? I've already discovered the local profile ini and local save features don't work (or is there a way to make them work with a tweak?).

Regarding the looksmenu, when doing showlooksmenu is it working intended that I can't adjust the camera? And that the camera doesn't zoom in when working on the face?

Think so, there are no doubt other quirks for the program, though some may well be personal, ie based on your setup, mine at one point would not run wryebash, now after the creators edition update to windows 10 it will.  I would guess it was something to do with permissions as the sse install of mo2 would not run fnis or wrye either but does now.  Though one of the odd things about fallout 4 is the supposed custom ini, in that for me it was never created and I found even if I did create it, the edits in it never worked until put into the main two ini files.

Not too sure about the zoom in and out, or moving the camera on the skyrim version it requires using the camera tab and then using keys to change it, though it may not be implemented in fallout 4 due to the lack of advanced script extender stuff, though that may just be a guess.

As to the ini that as far as I am aware is a know problem, one I think lepresident said he is working on, but with the problems he has had, I do not think he has done much work recently on mo2.

One of the things causing problems in my view is the one install for all games with it doing custom folders for each game, rather than putting mo2 into the game directory for each game like mo1 does, not too sure why they even did that, though as it was tannin who did it, he no doubt had his reasons.

One of the things causing problems in my view is the one install for all games with it doing custom folders for each game, rather than putting mo2 into the game directory for each game like mo1 does, not too sure why they even did that, though as it was tannin who did it, he no doubt had his reasons.

You can still do it that way. I put a copy of MO2 in my FO4 folder and when I ran it, I set it up in portable mode. Does away with having to deal with the mklink nonsense.

• 4 months later...

It's BACK

Expired: I'm experiencing something very strange that may be a bug or at least some unintended behavior that can't be fixed from the UI. I'm comparing two presets that should have the same body shape, but clearly don't.

One preset is my character. The other is the default Nora. In troubleshooting the problem, I even copied the weights in the JSON from Nora to my character to make them identical. The "Advanced" menu's sliders are also all zero'ed. However, the body shapes still appear very different.

Here are the two images for comparison. I've separated the images so they can be opened in two tabs and flipped between for a before/after check:

Nora Preset: https://i.imgur.com/dsNWOKH.jpg

My Preset: https://i.imgur.com/F4IeyG3.jpg

As a workaround, are there certain sections in the JSON preset file that are only for the face, skin tone, and makeup? I assume the Tints are the make-up section. Very unsure about the face though.

Edit: Just saw you haven't been on LL in a while... Will repost on the nexus page.

Edit 2: Did more testing and as process of elimination found the JSON section responsible for that difference. It's the "Values" section. Seemed to affect the size of both the body and hair.

My Preset:

"Values" : [
      ]

Nora Preset:

"Values" : [ 0.4099999964237213, 0, 0, 0, 0 ]

Archived