WLB

"Diamond City has every conceivable service known to man." - Mayor McDonough

My first thought... "Okay so where are the hookers?"

Come to think of it... seems like Fallout 4 is the first Fallout game where prostitution doesn't make some form of appearance. I mean, sure it was never something the player could engage in (without mods) but it was present in the background.

Seems to me like a settlement claiming to have "every conceivable service known to man" ought to have the world's oldest profession represented somewhere in there.

At the very least we need to add an NPC to be Diamond City's resident working girl, maybe she works around the Dugout Inn. What would be REALLY nice is if we could get a brothel added to Diamond City.

Bonus points if we could get a full prostitution mod that lets the player pay said NPCs for their services, or use their own charisma skill to persuade other NPCs to pay the player for sexual favors. This is the wasteland after all! Folks will do what they gotta to do for a few bottle caps.

But the mayor have thrown all unwanted persons out of the town (like the ghuls). I think in reality diamond city would have hookers and many other things, but ... not on the open street, or market place. Maybe in some kind of "worker" or "underclass" district (that still need to be modded first).

I dont know much about the story behind goodneighbors, because i have the main-storyline not finish yet, but goodneighbors looks like a place for some street working girls in the corners.

But the mayor have thrown all unwanted persons out of the town (like the ghuls). I think in reality diamond city would have hookers and many other things, but ... not on the open street, or market place. Maybe in some kind of "worker" or "underclass" district (that still need to be modded first).

I dont know much about the story behind goodneighbors, because i have the main-storyline not finish yet, but goodneighbors looks like a place for some street working girls in the corners.

Kind of like this?

http://www.indigocreations.net/gallery/albums/SBCSW/Sbcsw28.jpg

I cant open that image, dont know why :|

But maybe some metal-shacks in neon lights, build in the wall from the baseball stadium. Separated from the rest of diamond city truth a metal door. Much living quarters (and dark street-corners), and some normal shops/bars, with a brothel and other adult entertainment companys as eye-catcher between them (maybe table dance bars, nude mud-boxing and so on).

• 11 months later...

Except that Goodneighbor doesn't have them either, nor Bunker Hill which is a caravan hub and nor does Nuka World.

Slavery, torture, mutilation, cannibalism, dismemberment and hanging rotting carcases as trophies/totems is all perfectly acceptable

But an industry as old as civilisation itself, which had a notable presence in every previous Fallout game and which it makes no goddamn sense not to include..  No that would be pushing the boundaries of political correctness to far, we can't have that in Fallout 4.

Its bloody stupid!

Its not like they have to pull a Bioware and actually put in a sexual cutscene, they could fade to black like what happens in Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim. But no.

And the game has been out for a year now and there still aren't any mods that insert Brothels or Street Workers yet either.

Someone really needs to get to work on that.

Hookers in Diamond City is entirely possible and fully plausible, take the entrance where you first meet the ever so useless Mayor, there is a couple of abandoned buildings there which could be expanded into and turned into a hovel of sorts for a place to people to practice the forbidden arts, it's out of the reach of the Mayor and could easily extend under DC through a load door and have a cellar door leading up into the dugout in back room, Goodneighbour would be a good place to have it as well and there is a few houses there which haven't been touched to my knowledge by other mods which could be used.

Archived