Oblivion Transparency Issues

ger4

I'm having transparency issues related to this gown I've got. It looks fine in nifscope, but looks bad in-game.

post-800-0-38566800-1450788552_thumb.jpg

But I get this in-game (You can see the problem at the bottom of the image, the bits of the texture where the skin shows through)

post-800-0-80289300-1450788846_thumb.jpg

does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you :)

I followed the tutorial here http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=2893.0

Looks like clipping to me. Try this make a copy of the nif for safe keeping. Now load the nif up and right click the top and go to transform - scale vertices. In the Y line change the 1.0000 to 1.0200 save as and go into game and see how it looks. Each time you change one of those numbers after hitting ok they will go back to the default 1.0000 so if needed write down what you changed something to just in case you have to do that to multiple pieces that are attached to the first one you tweaked.

Looks like clipping to me. Try this make a copy of the nif for safe keeping. Now load the nif up and right click the top and go to transform - scale vertices. In the Y line change the 1.0000 to 1.0200 save as and go into game and see how it looks. Each time you change one of those numbers after hitting ok they will go back to the default 1.0000 so if needed write down what you changed something to just in case you have to do that to multiple pieces that are attached to the first one you tweaked.

It's not clipping unfortunately, I already looked closely at the mesh in-game using tfc and couldn't find any.

Not all meshes look the same from nif to game. If the nif doesn't have clipping doesn't mean in game there will not be clipping. Player stance/idle can cause clipping sometimes there might be clipping in nif but not in game. I use the above stuff for testing to see if something I see in game is clipping or something else.

It could also be because you have 2 layers of transparency on top of each other as you can't have 2 layers on top of each other or the top layer is going to make the bottom layer look invisible when you look at the bottom layer through the top layer.

Was the outfit converted in the clothing? If so it could be that the bottom layer is clipping into the top layer and that is what is causing it.

"It could also be because you have 2 layers of transparency on top of each other as you can't have 2 layers on top of each other or the top layer is going to make the bottom layer look invisible when you look at the bottom layer through the top layer."

This is probably the cause. I've tested the outfit with multiple poses in blender and don't have any problems. I would've thought the problem would have been fixed though as I've set the rendering priority of the vertex layers.

Archived