SexLab Animation Loader Guide

View File
slallogo.png

For a full list of links to each of the packs and where to find them, please visit this post.

ABOUT
There are a handful of active animators still on the site adding new aniamtions for Skyrim. But all their downloads are "Modder's Rescources" meaning that unless you are a user who knows how to mod a game via scripting and creation kit, you may have to wait till someone else adds the animations via their mod.

But not any more.

With the release of the SexLab Animation Loader (SLAL) by @orxx, users who are not not familiar or confident with the Skyrim's papyrus script and how to compile then can use this hand little mod tool to add the animations effortlessly, with a tiny little bit of python knowlegde needed. The user sets up a text file with simple python codes which is then converted into a JSON file which Skyrim can then read to add the animations to SexLab.

GUIDE
You will find in this download page a PDF file written by @rydin that will look to support anyone new to the world of scripting and coding through a step-by-step guide. It is recommended that you read the guide in full from start to finishlike any other learning task; when learning a new job it doesn't click until you've had all the training. The support thread is a place for all your questions and queries, wither it be from using the packs to understand the scripts and error messages produced by python/FNIS.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GUIDE IS ONLY CURRENTLY FOR PEOPLE MAKING PACKS FOR THEMSELVES (MODDERS). IT IS NOT FOR PEOPLE INSTALLING THE PACKS (USERS). IF YOU ARE JUST INSTALLING THE PACKS, PLEASE READ THE INSTALL SECTION BELOW.

PACKS
You will also find animations packs created by the joint effort of our community. These packs can be download and used with SLAL to add animations into the game if you have no plan to make your own. Take into mind these packs will be the responsiblity of the people who make them. Each person will have a different view to what should be tagged what and how. If you are unhappy with the way the user has packed the animations, I recommend you to read the guide and make your own.

For a full list of links to each of the packs and where to find them, please visit this post.

REQUIREMENTS
SexLab Animation Loader - you must have this installed and any of it's requirements or none of the packs will work.

INSTALLATION
Installing the packs can not be any easier, however it is still very important that you read the instructions first of all and then check the support pages made by the pack makers for any further instructions. Failure to do so can lead to the packs not working,

It is highly recommended that you install with a mod manager such as Mod Organizer or Nexus Mod Manager (NMM).

• First, install SexLab Animations Loader (SLAL) and all it's requirements under the "Dependencies for Users".
  • Download the desired packs that you wish to load (see the support thread for details on what the packs contain).
  • Install each pack one by one. If you use Mod Organizer, the should be installed as a proirity below SLAL. If you use NMM, they should be installed after SLAL is installed. If you install manually via drag and drop (not recommended) any Meshes, Textures or SLAnims folders and their contents must be installed inside the Data folder. Ensure that all files are there as sometimes the .json files are not added correctly in the process.
  • Run "FNIS For Users" to update your animations lists.
  • Load your game.
  • Visit the SL Anims MCM menu and select the animations you wish to load.
  • Select "Register" to add them to SexLab.

Following these instructions will get the animations in game. If you cannot get them in game, there may be an issue with your setup.

SUPPORT & TROUBLESHOOTING
Each pack makers ideally should offer support on the packs they make. Wrong alignment, actors facing the incorrect way, animations not playing, they should all be reported to this thread. Please refrain from PMing myself and the pack makers with your fault; if you post it in the thread you will get a quicker response and that response may help more than just you. You can find all the download pages and support/known bug links on this post.

** Take note that the current limit of SexLab 1.59c is 128 animation forhumans and 128 for creatures with 1.60+ being 350 respectively. If you have more than these animations, some will not show as you cannot register over these limits. Also take note that if you use Poser Packs like Shocky or Halo, FNIS has a limit of how many HKX files can be registered (I am unsure of the limit at this time but I will find out) and this can result in HKX files not being reigstered which can break animations. Both of these are issues SLAL cannot resolve.

When using these packs, you can easily go over the SexLab and FNIS limits and curropt your saves. The purpose of NSAP when it was first created was to give you choice and SLAL enhances that choice. The prupose of these mods is not so you can have every animation in game, but more that you can choose which animations to have in game. ModOrganizer is particularly good for this as you can then set which packs to activate depending on which game style you wish to play.

With the amount of available animations (and idles/poses) well over the limits of SexLab and/or FNIS can provide, you risk damage to your game. The modders, pack makers and myself cannot be responsible for this.

CREDIT
@orxx for SexLab Animation Loader
The animators whom the packs are made for.
The community members who make the packs.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/20/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Animation Loader 1.0+
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

PACKS

Below is a list of current packs which are available on the forum. It is important to note that it is down to the user to decide which packs they use, the reasons they use them and take responsiblity for any results. I cannot advise you which is the best packs to use. If more than one person makes a pack, it is the users responsibility to decide which is best. Please try and not flood the support forum with questions of "what is the best pack(s) to use."

Please ensure you read the instructions of each individual pack as they may have additional requirements.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, this mod seems to make NSAP redundant/irrelevant. If so, are you still working on NSAP or is it kind of pointless now?

Bit harsh there, calling something I've spent a year on redundant, LOL

NSAP has been put on hold for now to see how this goes. If it goes well for folk, and they can work together and make things together then it's all good. NSAP is currently still relevent in it's current state until every single animation is added to one of these packs. But I will play it by ear and if it gets too messy, I'll go back to being the dictator and do NSAP, heh.

There aren't mean animators still creating these days anyways. I'm trying to make more, FunnyBiz is still active and Anub doesn't want his animations in NSAP and wants their own mod. So NSAP won;t really be getting many updates if all of FunnyBiz aniamtions were added.

Also, if this does work out well and is managed well, it means that I can spend more time doing actually animating and working on other projects!

question for ya, if i need to change something in an animation, lets say rotation, do i have to re-run the generator again? as well as FNIS for modders/users? just to change rotation of one thing?

Unfortunately, yes.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, this mod seems to make NSAP redundant/irrelevant. If so, are you still working on NSAP or is it kind of pointless now?

NSAP has been put on hold for now to see how this goes. If it goes well for folk, and they can work together and make things together then it's all good. NSAP is currently still relevent in it's current state until every single animation is added to one of these packs. But I will play it by ear and if it gets too messy, I'll go back to being the dictator and do NSAP, heh.

There aren't mean animators still creating these days anyways. I'm trying to make more, FunnyBiz is still active and Anub doesn't want his animations in NSAP and wants their own mod. So NSAP won;t really be getting many updates if all of FunnyBiz aniamtions were added.

Also, if this does work out well and is managed well, it means that I can spend more time doing actually animating and working on other projects!

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. We all appreciate your work, of course. It's just that NSAP was always... I don't want to say inconvenient (since you were doing all the work and all we had to do was wait), but it's a not-so-great solution for getting new animations imported into SL between official releases. Ideally, you want users to be able to just take whatever animations they have, dump them in a folder, run FNIS and off you go. Ideally, this functionality would just be part of Sexlab.

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. We all appreciate your work, of course. It's just that NSAP was always... I don't want to say inconvenient (since you were doing all the work and all we had to do was wait), but it's a not-so-great solution for getting new animations imported into SL between official releases. Ideally, you want users to be able to just take whatever animations they have, dump them in a folder, run FNIS and off you go. Ideally, this functionality would just be part of Sexlab.

Let's be realistic. Before NSAP prople waited months for updates. Even Sexlab needs scripts to get animations to work. NSAP was the short term solution to leviate some wotk off Ashal. But unfortunately what you ask for is just not possible. Bethsda had to script, so do we. We cannot just add animations to a folder. How on earth does the game know what to do with them if scripting is not invovled? It is like trying to add inages to a website without html.

I look to revise this with the weekend (if I get time). I plan to simplify the english (mostly for non english speakers) where possible, add a section at the start about HKX files, folder structure and such to help absolute beginners, expand the error section and discuss the actor folders. I will then update the main download page and start adding the translate guides (with their relevent version nuumber) to the downloads.

Hi Rydin. I've alway get this message when I try to run the Generator for Modders. 

ERROR(2001): ..\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\AnimVars.txt does not exist

Any suggestion?

I'm launching the Fnis generator via Mod Organizer.

When I run the generate.pyw everything seems fine.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to make available the Leito Draugr animation for Falmer.

Haha, if you think NSAP was inconvenient I don't know what you'd think about the times before NSAP. :D
That was when I used to switch out old animations with the new ones and pray that the rotations and other things would be fine.
Life got so much easier with NSAP and now with animation loader life just got even easier I'd say.

Hi Rydin. I've alway get this message when I try to run the Generator for Modders. 

Any suggestion?

Basically what I'm trying to do is to make available the Leito Draugr animation for Falmer.

I get that error too. I think it's with MO, not with FNIS. I usually run it manually through Windows Explorer than MO and it works.

Any suggestion?

Just run GenerateFNIS_for_Modders directly (Not via MO).

Your issue would be solved.

Any suggestion?

I get that error too. I think it's with MO, not with FNIS. I usually run it manually through Windows Explorer than MO and it works.

Thanks Rydin! Tried that... the list inside the character animations folder worked fine... But the list inside the Falmer folder (i'm trying to convert draugr animation to include falmer) gives me this error. What's the beavioredObjects?

ERROR(2001): ..\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\BehavioredObjects.txt does not exist 

Any suggestion?

Thanks Rydin! Tried that... the list inside the character animations folder worked fine... But the list inside the Falmer folder (i'm trying to convert draugr animation to include falmer) gives me this error. What's the beavioredObjects?

Not on my PC to look right now so cannot look at but I notice that is saying "For Users".

Are you trying to add the scripts to game now after running for modders? Have you accidently drleted stuff in the for Users folder?

I will try look a bit further in the morning.

Not on my PC to look right now so cannot look at but I notice that is saying "For Users".

Are you trying to add the scripts to game now after running for modders? Have you accidently drleted stuff in the for Users folder?

Thanks. It's always the Generator for modders which gives me that error. The List in the character folder works. It gives me this error when I try to "generate" from the list in the Falmer folder.   

Consider that I'm using the generator for modder from outside MO... (while all the other file, including the Loader's are inside MO mod folder).

Thanks. It's always the Generator for modders which gives me that error. The List in the character folder works. It gives me this error when I try to "generate" from the list in the Falmer folder.   

Consider that I'm using the generator for modder from outside MO... (while all the other file, including the Loader's are inside MO mod folder).

This might be a FNIS 6.x issue. I looked in my old skyrim game where I do my scripting and it has the BehavioredObject file. Copying it didn't work. I had to use 5.x to write the FNIS file. I'll look further into it tomorrow.