MultiSlots clothes and Armors (2016-02-12)

barak43

ok another update !

took me more time than i wanted, i run into a bug i had a hard time fixing lol

anyway, Mixed Gear Patch is now up ! ^^

the basic script for the mod is now all done. i'll be able to concentrate now into making more armors and clothes :)

I gave the mod some testing (And will give it more) and I observed the following:

- From the spawned female bandits, around 2 only used one of the body items you made (Fur, if I remember correctly).

- The secondary items (Skirt, Shoulder, LS1 Bra) were never equipped.

- One normal bandit used the iron chest.

As I said, will give it more testing. If you could explain to me how the mod does it magic (As well) it will probably help in doing some test cases.

updated the mod, and added more clothes :)

thanks for the report Meteox ^^

so a little explanation.

all the clothes i have made so far are listed in a formlist.

by default, the script will launch an update of the clothes every 30 seconds. you can change that setting in the MCM menu.

it will compare what the female NPCs that are alive are wearing with the list. if it's one of the listed clothing or armor, it will look if the other slots are used, and if it's empty, will add a random piece of the same kind.

30 seconds is a long time, but i didn't want to risk lag at this point. you should reduce that number for testing i think.

for the iron armor, i think you found the bandit and killed her before the update happened, and so she didn't get the missing parts.

so a little explanation.

by default, the script will launch an update of the clothes every 30 seconds. you can change that setting in the MCM menu.

it will compare what the female NPCs that are alive are wearing with the list. if it's one of the listed clothing or armor, it will look if the other slots are used, and if it's empty, will add a random piece of the same kind.

30 seconds is a long time, but i didn't want to risk lag at this point. you should reduce that number for testing i think.

for the iron armor, i think you found the bandit and killed her before the update happened, and so she didn't get the missing parts.

Hmm, seems interesting. Thank you for the explanation.

I do have one small question regarding this script. What is the range of the script? Here is an example that will help you in getting my point:

I've just left Whiterun and headed north toward the bandit camp (Halted Stream Something). Usually there is a female bandit there. Now by the time I get there, will the script (Assuming something like an update of 10-15 seconds I suppose) have completed its check and dressed the NPC as it should be or does it run once I'm somewhat close enough to the camp?

I suppose the same scenario would hold true if you head into any interior, cities included. One would have to get a good update value that would be good to redress the npcs in cities if you will do the normal people gear...I suppose. I guess you don't have to worry about this for the time being as we want to see how it fairs in the open world.  :)

so a little explanation.

Hmm, seems interesting. Thank you for the explanation.

I do have one small question regarding this script. What is the range of the script? Here is an example that will help you in getting my point:

I've just left Whiterun and headed north toward the bandit camp (Halted Stream Something). Usually there is a female bandit there. Now by the time I get there, will the script (Assuming something like an update of 10-15 seconds I suppose) have completed its check and dressed the NPC as it should be or does it run once I'm somewhat close enough to the camp?

I suppose the same scenario would hold true if you head into any interior, cities included. One would have to get a good update value that would be good to redress the npcs in cities if you will do the normal people gear...I suppose. I guess you don't have to worry about this for the time being as we want to see how it fairs in the open world.  :)

well the script look into the cell where the PC currently is in.

the size of the cell isn't always the same. generally all interiors are one cell. meaning that once the script launch once in an interior, all NPCs should be equipped.

exterior is more complicated, inside a closed city like whiterun, it's generally one cell too.

in the wild... unfortunately i'm not sure of the range of a cell in that case. but with 10 secs i suspect it should be updated... i hope lol

Feedback time!

I gave one of the world tests about an hour of tests and found out that almost all of the female bandits were wearing Stubbed Armor but were not using your item. I will try to get a look at the papyrus log for this one and report my findings later.

Then I decided I should give the Bannered Mare a test since I knew there should be at least one NPC wearing a barkeeper chest. Saved outside and went in and checked the papyrus log for whiterun and noticed something. Here is a small portion of it:

[01/04/2016 - 07:49:07PM] MSCA : Current Character = Fralia Gray-Mane
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : Current Armor = clothes\elder\farmclothes01\torsof_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes01\torsof_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : Current Armor = clothes\elder\farmclothes01\torsof_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\prisoner\prisonerclothes_f_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\prisoner\prisonerclothes_f_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\barkeeper\f\torso_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\armor\iron\f\cuirassheavy_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\armor\iron\f\cuirassheavy_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\skyrim\armor\bandit\body1f_1.nif
[01/04/2016 - 07:49:08PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\skyrim\armor\studded\female\body_1.nif

Notice how elder people have their own subfolder for clothes and armor (And thank God for whoever decided on doing that. I don't want to see an old lady wearing any skimpy gear). Not sure if you can parse the Current Armor string with this scripting language (I'm going to learn it soon for my new mod) but as a programer I'm believe it should be doable somehow. Because if it is, you can do something like the following:

- Parse the string before a "\" or a ".nif".

- Look at the parsed string. Is it equivalent to "elder"?

- If yes: Stop the process and don't search (Or return armor not found).

- If not: Repeat the process.

The idea can be simplified in some ways. "Elder" folder is a subfolder of "Armor" and "Clothes" folders, so you can just run the loop twice. Or you can ignore the first iteration since it will be either Armor or Clothes.

------------------

Now comes the Bannered Mare part! You are going to love this. I tested this about ten times.

As I said before, there should be at least one npc that uses Barkeeper chest. Found two NPCs, lucky find!! One was a vanilla NPC named Saadia and an NPC from the mod Immersive Wenches. Saadia had her skirt on but not the mod NPC regardless of how many times I loaded the save file. She even had my CS2 skirt on (picture in the attachment) probably because of the item slot, and that is a good thing if I say so myself.

Not knowing what is the issue, I gave it one test where I got in the inn for more than ten seconds (I set the update for ten seconds) then went to the papyrus log. A bug! An endless loop! The script could not give modded npc a skirt because it was stuck trying to give Saadia a shoulder. Have a look at the log from the attachment. 

So far that is all I can say.

Log 1.rar

post-284228-0-28243500-1451929702_thumb.png

ok great thanks for the report, that's a big help :)

for the elder part, what you see in the log is just so that i know what is tested. the test is done with the forms, and since the elder clothes use different forms than the others, and i'll never do them (i agree, elders in skimpy isn't my thing xD ), so they'll never get anything.

i'll look at the log now to see why it's in an endless loop

One small feedback.

This one is strange. You see the fort east of Whiterun? I ran a test there. Each time I go there, there is one female character with the Iron Chest and no skirt or shoulders. No other female (Two more if I remember correctly?) were wearing any extra set pieces, they were wearing Hide Armor I think. ANYWAYS, I went into the papyrus logs and saw that the game was (According to the return message from your mod) calling the m Stormcloack Soldiers. There was this one time where I ran outside and out of nowhere came the Thalmor and started attacking them (Of course they would!) but then it seems they actually changed into Imperial Soldiers in the log before the fight took place?

I'm confused. Will try out more things later on.

o_O

that's a strange bug indeed. not sure it comes from my mod though, as i don't touch stormcloaks and empire solder yet.

as for the elders... with some of my own testing i realized that some elders do use standard clothes... damn, i'll need to do something about it.

for the infinite loop bug, it should be fixed with the next update (just doing one last test and uploading it)

ok, and one more update with still more clothes done !

and fixed that infinite loop. from the testing i did it seems to work. i think it's that same bug that made the armors not update on the bandits

we'll see ^^

anyway thanks Meteox for the great help :)

i added you in my friend list, i hope you don't mind hehe

ok, and one more update with still more clothes done !

and fixed that infinite loop. from the testing i did it seems to work. i think it's that same bug that made the armors not update on the bandits

we'll see ^^

anyway thanks Meteox for the great help :)

i added you in my friend list, i hope you don't mind hehe

No not at all, I don't mind the request. It makes me happy.  :D

Feedback time!

Paid Bannered Mare a visit. The first time was the charm! Three NPCs were able to use your mod: Saadia, Hulda (The innkeeper) and Lyne (Immersive Wenches NPC). So I decided to give it another test the script stability, and that's where things started to get weird, Lyne was not wearing any skirt. According to the Papyrus log, the mod was not recognizing the fact that it was finding the armor she is wearing and instead going past it. This happened more than three times in a row. Refer to the log in the "Lyne.rar" file.

Regarding the first try, there was something strange going on in the logs. In line 459 of the long contained in "Skirt function.rar" you will find that the RandomSkirt function was running multiple times in a row for the same NPC. I have no idea why.

Suggestions:

- It seems to me that even after the mod finds and dresses up an NPC a skirt it will STILL go through the whole list of available armor and clothes. I hope you can find a way to stop the unnecessary search.

- From what I know, SOS gives a penis with some calculated length to a male character when you get within its spawn radius (?). Maybe you should look into that method for giving out skirts and other items for the female characters as I believe it will save up resources and time instead of running a script 24/7.

I will try going to the bandits after an hour or so and report back once I find anything worth of reporting.

Lyne.rar

Skirt function.rar

Don't know how to upload it on LL but here a mediafire link of the prisoner clothes conversion for UUNP special http://www.mediafire.com/download/cqy7q8eqorhz8t5/prisoner.rar

thanks, i'll take a look at it, if you want to make more conversions, be my guest ^^

will put it with the other files so it's easy to find :)

edit = here, done. to use the conversion just need to install through your mod manager and overwrite if necessary :)

Regarding the fort east of Whiterun, I should have mentioned this but I honestly forgot to. If my memory serves me right, that place can be occupied by either factions, hence both faction names appear. But why the bandits did not get registered is something I do not know.

As for some of the tests I made on the two bandit camps north of Whiterun (Silent Moon and Halted Stream), I found something weird. When the NPCs get scanned, there name in the log appear to be empty...just blank space, which cases the mod to skip them for some reason.

The only way I found to test the sets on the NPCs is to spawn them through the console command. SOME appeared without a name in the log but I found one that was using the fur chest and had a name corresponding to her in the log. You can spawn her by using the code 39cf5. Be mindful though, there are 3 fur chests so you will have to be patient if you wanna see it work. But when it does and you see the NPC (After the update function does its thing) wear the items it will make you happy. It made me happy (Seeing the NPC using LS1 skirt and shoulders).  :D

As always, more refined and better tests will take place later on.

I got an new idea, there is a mod just to sticky. With it you can not take the clothes from dead corpses. Maybee there is a way to change it a bit and so it is not to sticky but

wrong size. So as female pc you can only take clothes from dead female corpses because the male clothes have the wrong size and the other way arround too as male pc. It would be a little more realistic.

Feedback time!

The log output look much more cleaner now, job well done!

One small thing that I found, it seems like if there is a number in any folder the search function is going over then it will repeat the searching in that folder x number of times. Below is an example:

[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : Current Character = Saadia
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : Current Armor = MSCA\clothes\barkeeper\f\torso_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes03\farmerrobefplus_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : Current Armor = MSCA\clothes\barkeeper\f\torso_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes03\farmerrobefplus_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes02\f\dress_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes02\f\dress_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes01\torsof_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\prisoner\prisonerclothes_f_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\prisoner\prisonerclothes_f_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\barkeeper\f\torso_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : right armor found !

And regarding Lyne, the NPC made by the Immersive Wenches, I found out her issue. While the armors looked the same, i.e. same mesh, in reality they had different textures, hence different items when means different item code. When I forced her to wear the other one she had no problem in wearing the skirt at all.

I got an new idea, there is a mod just to sticky. With it you can not take the clothes from dead corpses. Maybee there is a way to change it a bit and so it is not to sticky but

wrong size. So as female pc you can only take clothes from dead female corpses because the male clothes have the wrong size and the other way arround too as male pc. It would be a little more realistic.

yeah i had in mind something similar. to put a script on the clothes strictly females like the skirt or bra, that would stop males to wear them. and the opposite will be true. to make all clothes sticky as you suggest wouln't be much more complicated i think. hmm, i think i'll use the second post to put ideas so we can keep track and easily discuss of it all.

all options like this one would have to be configured in the MCM of course ^^,

Feedback time!

The log output look much more cleaner now, job well done!

One small thing that I found, it seems like if there is a number in any folder the search function is going over then it will repeat the searching in that folder x number of times. Below is an example:

[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : Current Character = Saadia
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\farmclothes01\torsof_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : MSCA Armor = MSCA\clothes\barkeeper\f\torso_1.nif
[01/06/2016 - 08:38:36PM] MSCA : right armor found !

And regarding Lyne, the NPC made by the Immersive Wenches, I found out her issue. While the armors looked the same, i.e. same mesh, in reality they had different textures, hence different items when means different item code. When I forced her to wear the other one she had no problem in wearing the skirt at all.

ok now that's an interesting bug lol. i don't even see how the folder name can make the check repeat lol. anyway it's not important since i found a better way to check the clothes. will make it faster and cleaner hehe. this is looking better and better ^^

edit = here we go, the second post contain a few ideas and questions about how to improve the mod. the discussion is open hehe :)

I see that the code is equipping panties as well now, nice. Can I suggest that you work on the bandit gear soon so we can see how it goes in a "normal" playthough when you have the time?

There is an issue though, I noticed that male npcs wearing this chest piece end up missing their legs. Here is a link to the picture. http://i.imgur.com/eCSWSOt.jpg

your link return me an error, but i'm guessing you talk about the elder chest piece ?

i'll look into it. but what body mesh do you use for the males ? the chest i put is just a copy of the vanilla farmclothes02 chest found in the Unofficial Skyrim patch o_o

and ok, i'll do bandit gear :)

Archived