[idea] buildable love room/bed

So I like to play sims in Fallout and I'd love to see settlers being able to start a family. But I would need some way of controlling the population, right?

How about a special room (or maybe just a bed) that would be craftable. When you assign two settlers to it, they "make a couple" and have a chance to spawn a child settler. What do you think?

Maybe later there could be some more advance versions with unique animations, dialogs and even with a child being able to grown up.
Maybe even a players character could start a new family.

Very good idea of a mod I think, we could make scenes happen with those two npcs talking to each other with some funny lines like in fallout shelter (voiced preferably) :)

A bed with 2 slots to assign the npcs seems the easiest and the best solution to me.

I don't like it all that much, but settlement building in general does have a lot of potential.

A few examples:

Placeable Zaz animation objects like pillars/stockades/whipping posts.

Sexlab furniture for use with object animations (like the ones that spawn a throne or a table that can get stuck on you).

The prompt window for "Use Nearby Bed" can have more selections like "Use Nearby Table", "Use Nearby Pillar", etc.

Regarding the original post:

I think it's a good idea to be able to assign 2 settlers to the same bed. I tried to push two beds together for Jun and Marcy Long but one of them always gets stuck between them and just stands there.

I think you should also be able to claim a bed for yourself specifically so that random setters can NOT sleep in it. (Stay out of my bedroom you freaks.)

I like the idea. You can already assign settlers to objects so I'm sure it's possible. I think it might be weird the couple giving birth to a 6-10 year old child though. And would they grow up fast or would you have a whole bunch of little kids in your settlement?

I like the idea. You can already assign settlers to objects so I'm sure it's possible. I think it might be weird the couple giving birth to a 6-10 year old child though. And would they grow up fast or would you have a whole bunch of little kids in your settlement?

Just re-use the Shaun baby model for a short cycle.

Have the parents swap who hold him from time to time... hell even add in a crib for the new parents.

There is already a mod that add's a Mrs. Nanny bot (on nexus adds all the bots as craftable).

So build the settlers a house, set in the house a baby crib, custom sex bed, and a nanny bot.... let the settlers get busy... in a couple of months swap from the newborn over to the young child option (lore breaking but since there are no toddlers or 5 year old models it would need to be done)...

Or just keep the child in the newborn model and keep it that way.

Don't forget to have the mothers go thru the pregnancy cycle of blowing up and being female.

Just re-use the Shaun baby model for a short cycle.

Have the parents swap who hold him from time to time... hell even add in a crib for the new parents.

There is already a mod that add's a Mrs. Nanny bot (on nexus adds all the bots as craftable).

So build the settlers a house, set in the house a baby crib, custom sex bed, and a nanny bot.... let the settlers get busy... in a couple of months swap from the newborn over to the young child option (lore breaking but since there are no toddlers or 5 year old models it would need to be done)...

Or just keep the child in the newborn model and keep it that way.

Don't forget to have the mothers go thru the pregnancy cycle of blowing up and being female.

I completely forgot about the Baby. Of course there's a baby. 

So what you're saying is when the women get pregnant they should have violent outbursts followed by crying and eating sweetrolls? I like that. 

Mood swings, strange eating habits, angry for no reason and taking it out on who or what ever is closest to them... yeah.

Hell I was also going to suggest adding in some odd mix and match food stuff, but Mirelurk egg and Cram sandwich is hard to do with no bread (why don't they have bread they have razor grain and corn I'm sure they could come up with something inbetween wheat and white bread).

Archived