Conversion needed..... please?

Trykz

As the title says, I need the attached file converted for use in Skyrim. I've made this request multiple times in my WIP thread, but figured I'd ask in a more focused section for more exposure to the conversion gurus here.

The file contains the original ears that were used to create the Moonshadow Elf race for Oblivion. I'm less than a day away from being able to release the Skyrim version of the race. But without these ears (and their attached earring), it simply wouldn't seem authentic. AzureMouse made a very much appreciated attempt for me, but the ears have an issue with turning extremely dark in varying light. The female ear darkens down far too much, and the male ear is just black (you can find pics of these issues in my WIP thread).

EVERY aspect of this race has been duplicated/improved for Skyrim. Including the timed Moonshadow Blossom effect. The only thing lacking is the ears. I've tried converting things myself, and it's simply not something I have the patience to learn.

You can see the progress of the mod, as well as it's current phase of completion in this thread.

Here is the ears I need converted:

The file contains everything related to the ears (meshes and textures).

I need one set aligned to the female head, and one aligned to the male head (not attached to the head, but just aligned to fit snugly to cover the vanilla ear... I'll attach them to the head in the CK).

Here is a sample of where I'm currently at (warning: large screenshot contained within):

13.jpg

This has been over 2 weeks in the making, and I'd hate to have to hold it back for lack of authentic appearance. So I'm at the point of begging.

A tremendous thanks in advance to whoever can get this done for me. And I'll be sure to mention the invaluable assistance and credit your work in the mod description page.

TIA, Trykz

Sunday bump..... still looking for help with this :(

The mod is as complete as I can take it on my own, and ready for distribution. This will be my final plea for help with these ears. For tonight I'm back to work on other things I shelved to make this race mod happen for the many who requested it.

Have you tried numenume elf ear?

numenumes ears are part of a head mesh.....

My mod offers 6 different meshes, with the ears being attached to each in the CK as a head part. The ear is also set at the entirely wrong angle. Even the standalone ones.

numenume's ears are also absent the cross earring and studs, which were a trademark of the original Oblivion mod. So sadly, numenume's ears are worthless to what I'm trying to achieve :(

But thank you for the suggestion all the same.

First post here ever.

I know absolutely nothing about Blender or Nifscope, but I took my best (if terrible) shot at it. I don't know how to test anything or see if it works, so it's pretty much a wash Sorry :(

This is what I was using as a resource, I don't know if it's any help to you at all: Import instructions

The main reason I posted is so you know there are people who are supportive of your effort even if they have no skill at all with this stuff. I hope that some well-wishes help at least, I've kicked back a few screwdrivers with you during the process in that other thread :)

First post here ever.

I know absolutely nothing about Blender or Nifscope' date=' but I took my best (if terrible) shot at it. I don't know how to test anything or see if it works, so it's pretty much a wash Sorry :(

This is what I was using as a resource, I don't know if it's any help to you at all: Import instructions

The main reason I posted is so you know there are people who are supportive of your effort even if they have no skill at all with this stuff. I hope that some well-wishes help at least, I've kicked back a few screwdrivers with you during the process in that other thread :)

As always, I couldn't even get through the tutorial without getting completely confused :-/

It's okay though. I'm done being fussed about it, and perhaps some day, one of the conversion gurus will have the time to look into it. Until then, it'll sit on my notebook drive waiting. Or perhaps someone with the necessary skills to handle every aspect of the process will happen along and release a mod for this race.

As for me, I gave it my best shot. And it failed. Such is life. But I'm currently back to reworking a metric shit-ton of navmesh for Mjana's Labyrinth (thanks to Bethesda breaking all of it with the 1.5 patch). Perhaps now I can lay off the Screwdrivers a bit, and get caught up on some much needed sleep :P

First post here ever.

I know absolutely nothing about Blender or Nifscope' date=' but I took my best (if terrible) shot at it. I don't know how to test anything or see if it works, so it's pretty much a wash Sorry :(

As always, I couldn't even get through the tutorial without getting completely confused :-/

It's okay though. I'm done being fussed about it, and perhaps some day, one of the conversion gurus will have the time to look into it. Until then, it'll sit on my notebook drive waiting. Or perhaps someone with the necessary skills to handle every aspect of the process will happen along and release a mod for this race.

As for me, I gave it my best shot. And it failed. Such is life. But I'm currently back to reworking a metric shit-ton of navmesh for Mjana's Labyrinth (thanks to Bethesda breaking all of it with the 1.5 patch). Perhaps now I can lay off the Screwdrivers a bit, and get caught up on some much needed sleep :P

Well, if you don't mind, could you send me the file? I would like to use the mod even if the ears are wrong. :s

Archived