CBBE FO4 - Instalation issues

ralfetas

• Outfits that replace the body will have ugly textures anywhere skin is showing (and the body will be the vanilla shape of course

Most common issues that i see so far.

Wrong textures, a nipple appear on the belly or black parts in the hands/arms/body.

This is a UV problem, or you are using a vanilla clothe that shows the body, or you don't put cbbe textures in data folder, this is alfa stage so this will happen.

First of all thanks for this thread.  As a brand new user I went nuts searching for that texture not knowing what I was looking at...all this time I thought I was looking at some strange intentional bruise on the belly of the Harness skin when in fact it was a nipple (rotfl) due to texture misalignment

Ok now that that's figured out is there a temporary resolution?  Someone said something about a "unique player" mod?  I tried to mod the vanilla Harness skin to my newly created body but it took ages and I still didn't like it when I was done so I would rather just keep the vanilla until I get better at this.

For the record I absolutely love this mod, messing around with the body shape it's just fantastic.  Love the nudity it's awesome.  For now I have a giant learning curve and it took me forever just to get the installs in order and for now I can see my super sexy character the way I like her but only when she's nude, when I strip corpses or in one of the really nice premade by others templates. (would love to see a harness skin added to that list) but hey, one small step at a time.

what is that, Avatar picture of my friend (stolen) :lol:  :lol:

http://www.loverslab.com/user/22406-tr45h0r/

just a fun, but I do not know whether it's a fun is for my friend! ;)

LOL, your friend has a fan, i just need to know her!

Not really an install issue but i build batch with the never nudes not selected right but i cant seem to undress my compainions so i cant see how i can improve body shape in game. Am i missing something?

To undress the companion you have to steal the clothes.

For the rest, i don't understand.... the nevernude is just for the no clothes body...

There is the triangle too, every NPC in the world have a "custom" body, so you will not see your preset right on a NPC, they will be changed.

what is that, Avatar picture of my friend (stolen) :lol:  :lol:

http://www.loverslab.com/user/22406-tr45h0r/

just a fun, but I do not know whether it's a fun is for my friend! ;)

LOL, your friend has a fan, i just need to know her!

Not really an install issue but i build batch with the never nudes not selected right but i cant seem to undress my compainions so i cant see how i can improve body shape in game. Am i missing something?

To undress the companion you have to steal the clothes.

For the rest, i don't understand.... the nevernude is just for the no clothes body...

There is the triangle too, every NPC in the world have a "custom" body, so you will not see your preset right on a NPC, they will be changed.

Also LOL, that I have not understood, what do you mean?

"Wrong textures, a nipple appear on the belly or black parts in the hands/arms/body.

This is a UV problem, or you are using a vanilla clothe that shows the body, or you don't put cbbe textures in data folder, this is alfa stage so this will happen."

So, I am not using the vanilla clothing, I have the files in the right folder and enabled with NMM, but the problem still shows up. I know the mod works, because it shows the textures with no clothes, but as soon as I put on a harness from the craftable harness mod which is an extension of CBBE, it breaks. I have seen these mods work together on youtube, so PLEASE HELP :(

"Wrong textures, a nipple appear on the belly or black parts in the hands/arms/body.

This is a UV problem, or you are using a vanilla clothe that shows the body, or you don't put cbbe textures in data folder, this is alfa stage so this will happen."

So, I am not using the vanilla clothing, I have the files in the right folder and enabled with NMM, but the problem still shows up. I know the mod works, because it shows the textures with no clothes, but as soon as I put on a harness from the craftable harness mod which is an extension of CBBE, it breaks. I have seen these mods work together on youtube, so PLEASE HELP :(

Hi,

As a new user I can tell you I spent hours upon hours (first just to understand the folder structure, where the textures are and how NMM manager operates...I think...) I struggled with this crazy texture thing for more hours but I did find a solution where I no longer see any of those ugly black marks/nipple on the belly.

On the CBBE description page it doesn't say it but if you click on files you will see that  CBBE converted all (or most) of the vanilla files that show skin, the link is just below the main file and titled CBBE Vanilla Outfits

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/? Just click on files section scroll down and you'll see it. 

Now that resolved all the texture issues with the Harness, Road leathers, Red Dress, etc.  However like you I also love the Calyps Harness wardrobe craftable variants and I also got all of those horrid artifacts. (the vanillas remained fixed tho)  The solution I found for this is by installing this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6923/?  RustyXXL BodySlide conversions.  Also I use my own created body so for this to work I had to make sure I included the body slide files when I installed it and then ran a batch build out of bodyslide and it all worked perfect.  No problems and it all looks amazing 

Here's a youtube vid I made showcasing the Harness mods, my hot girlie and remember, I'm a total noob.

Hope this helps 

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, my searches didn't turn up any info. I use Unique Player, which lets me keep the tattoos I've thrown on my character unique to her. My question is whether there's presently a way to separate my character's .nif from the general female .nif that all raiders, etc. utilize? 

On a side note, BS has made the game 1000% more aesthetically appealing, despite wrist and neck seams. It blows my mind that they didn't go this route themselves, because the result is far superior!

Unique Player has a folder for the nif files to. I usually set bodyslide to curvy, then press build. That puts a curvy CBBE body in the default mesh folder for all the female NPC to use. Then set up my player body with the sliders and hold down control, then press build. That puts the new body nif in the default bodyslide directory, which you can then move to the Unique Player mesh folder called player character assets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!  I haven't played Fallout 4 in about a month, so I had to download the update.  But when I started playing, my CBBE girls had some skin issues (see attached).  And occasionally, the clothes textures will be all out of whack.

I've already checked the *.ini files, reloaded all mods, and redid all my bodyslides...

Any advice?  Thanks!

post-1007430-0-87466100-1456264640_thumb.jpg

post-1007430-0-26824200-1456264642_thumb.jpg

Hey all!  I haven't played Fallout 4 in about a month, so I had to download the update.  But when I started playing, my CBBE girls had some skin issues (see attached).  And occasionally, the clothes textures will be all out of whack.

I've already checked the *.ini files, reloaded all mods, and redid all my bodyslides...

Any advice?  Thanks!

This might be a better example of the issue...

post-1007430-0-43481700-1456265276_thumb.jpg

Any advice?  Thanks!

This might be a better example of the issue...

That's caused by leftover files of the alpha versions of CBBE and BodySlide.

Best you can do is entirely remove everything related to CBBE and BodySlide and redownload and reinstall it, then build your bodies and outfits again.

• 1 month later...

I have an issue which I have noticed for a long time so I am not sure what mod may be causing it. I am using Nuclear Nudes CBBE with their slider preset. The texture is fine, looks great. If the texture screws up I know its because of a non converted vanilla mesh. But, no matter what i am wearing, my hands have their normal map all skewed. Showing what looks like my middle finger perpendicular to my actual fingers across the top of my hand.  Anyone else have this problem? it just results in my characters hands looking all pitted and burned. 

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else have a problem with Old People textures being skewed and glitched ? I attempted to install a different texture mod to fix it but even those textures were glitched out. ( http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7432/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D7432%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D3624865&pUp=1 ) This caused the textures to only look wrong on the body though, the limbs looked fine.

Any alternatives ?

• 4 months later...

I am having a problem with CBBE and its starting to annoy me, attached is my full mod loading list.

With CBBE I use the Josie body preset which I get to work with my Spartan Armor, but when I remove the armor I have the vanilla fallout 4 body with the vanilla underwear, I would really like to fix this but for some reason I'm unable to.

Any help would be amazing!

post-1256079-0-58287500-1474659160_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Dunno if this thread is still going, but I've noticed that CBBE seems to disable limb dismemberment. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, is there a workaround anyone has discovered?

I am having a problem with CBBE and its starting to annoy me, attached is my full mod loading list.

With CBBE I use the Josie body preset which I get to work with my Spartan Armor, but when I remove the armor I have the vanilla fallout 4 body with the vanilla underwear, I would really like to fix this but for some reason I'm unable to.

Are you using Bodyslide and Outfit studio? If you batch build with Josie's presets it should translate to the game just fine.

Here's a pretty comprehensive tutorial.

When removing clothes if you have a vanilla body shape then you either chose the vanilla body style when installing CBBE (I.E: not slim or curvy) or you haven't changed the default body in Bodyslide, this is easy to do honestly, just load up Bodyslide and go to the Josie nude preset and click build (no batch build here) this will replace the default body mesh with that of the Josie preset. Also something to note is with the Josie preset there is a number of bodyslide files for specific armors as well as undressed bodyslide files, all these will need changing via the bodyslide tool.

Gophers mod clinic video linked in the post above does a good job of explaining it in as simple a format as possible for any and everyone to understand.

Hey all,

Dunno if this thread is still going, but I've noticed that CBBE seems to disable limb dismemberment. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, is there a workaround anyone has discovered?

Cell is still working on the subsegment data of nif files, so it's better wait for some time to have the effect of " limb dismemberment "

I can't get this mod to work, I tried using the mod manager, and I tried installing manually, I have confirmed the files are in the correct folders, and I made the editions to the fallout4custom file. Also to the fallout4 file, and the fallout 4 preferences file. 

I did all of that, selected an NPC, entered the unequipall command and she was wearing the default vanilla white underwear.

I tried everything suggested in troubleshooting to no avail.

This is not the only mod I have installed that doesn't seem to work, about half of them either don't work or only work partially. the rest work fine. Annoyingly all the adult ones fall into the "does not work" category. 

I also posted this on the nexus section for this mod and never got a response. 

• 2 months later...

my problem is no matter what i do when i hit the preview button it shows the cbbe body but the vanilla body is meshed on there in a bunch of different places looking like you cut up the vanillia body and put the pictures of it on different places of the cbbe, idk what to do im not that great with files and ive already uninstalled all my mods and reinstalled them nothing seems to work- help if anyone still comes on this thread and or sees this post

Archived