CBBE FO4 - Instalation issues

ralfetas

I create this topic to make life easier for caliente, cell and people who are making OS and BS.

After youtube reviews/previews we are taking a lot of visitors that are first time in modding community, so this could be a place to help them out.

For start, BodySlide (or BS) is a external program that will change the NIF (mesh/model) of the female character, you can adjust the body as you wish.

All bethesda games and most of the games, use different models for every clothe, armor etc, so for now CBBE is in ALPHA stage, that means that only the naked, no nude and harness version are avaiable, so, if you create a body you will see it only when your character are naked or with the harness.

BS is alpha, so there is a lot of features that are not avaiable for now, this is the list of the know issues

• Wrist seam -- there's a small disconnect between the wrist and the arm, causing both a slight gap and a texture discontinuity.  believed to be weight paint related.
  • Neck seam -- the mesh matches position, but the texture seam is very noticeable.  Additionally the weight painting isn't perfect causing some gaps to appear.
  • Outfits that replace the body will have ugly textures anywhere skin is showing (and the body will be the vanilla shape of course)
  • Outfits that don't replace the body (armor pieces) may have clipping and obvious sizing issues
  • Dismemberment does not work for replaced bodies currently
  • Building bodies with Bodyslide may fail if you do not have permission to write to the fallout data folder (if it's installed in program files for instance), so you may need to run the program as admin

Fallout4 work with 3 folders

data folder were you will extract the CBBE alfa

the documents\games\fallout4\ were is the INI files that contain  lot of setup information for fallout4

Users\--YOUR USER--\AppData\Local\Fallout4 were you have the plugins list

First is to change the Fallout4Custom.ini and add the line "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1", this will make fallout search the data folder for the files and use it, , i can recommend check this http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Most common issues that i see so far.

Wrong textures, a nipple appear on the belly or black parts in the hands/arms/body.

This is a UV problem, or you are using a vanilla clothe that shows the body, or you don't put cbbe textures in data folder, this is alfa stage so this will happen.

There is no change in the body

To see the body created the triangle in character creation must be on the center, any change on this will change the body, mods like busty (before 5.0) can work with CBBE, but expect funny results with the naked bodies. To check if your character is in the center type "SLM 14 1" in the console.

Make sure the body is CBBE, look the textures and you will know, make sure the body is naked or with clothes that CBBE have, run BS as admin, read the message after the create button was hit to confirm the body was created.

There is already a lot of mods thats changes the body, including the new busty 5.0, this can prevent CBBE to be loaded, so make sure you don't use mods that changed the body.

The body only have clean textures.

Fallout4 use 2 types of diffuse textures, one for people in general and other for raiders, the dirty one is for raiders only.

Removed limbs appears after the clothes/armor are remove.

This is how it works for now.

Any other problem, please post here.

Last, this is a Alpha stage mod, people are testing stuff and finding problems, and will be problems, if you don't want problems, wait for the final release, caliente, cell and the team behind BS/OS is working hard to get this done, and they are very kind to us to release their work in alpha so we can see how it is, so, if you have any request, think before making it.

And sorry for any english mistakes, is not my native language.

Nice thread and very well said ralfetas, other thread was getting filled up with the wrong kind of posts.

Not that I am having a go at people needing help, all for that. However as someone stated in that thread already, if you have difficulty getting it working you shouldn't really be messing with alpha testing stuff. Walk before you run...

Edit: I'll try and help out here with problems if I can.

if you have difficulty getting it working you shouldn't really be messing with alpha testing stuff. Walk before you run...

Part of testing is making sure that something works for everyone, not just a few.

Part of an alpha is to have people with knowledge on what they do identify egregious bugs. When a person come and obviously install a mod for the first time ever he is not the target. Betas are meant for what you say

Edit: and to be clear I am not say that they should not try just that this kind of feedback is probably better placed out of the main thread so developer can focus on feedback related to their development instead of "Hi how do you use CBBE ?" (whicch is still working like it was in skyrim). Meanwhile people like us can help them from this thread

So i got myself an headache trying to get it running, since i did everything i had to and still it didn't show.

I felt very dumb when i found out that i had double .INIs, with the other ones located @ C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

I did the appropriate changes to those and it ran perfectly. 

well my issue is whatever i do the BodySlide tool dont work at all and i have done everything you can think of but if anyone has a idea then please tell me

This is kind of vague right now. How it "doesn't work" ?

are you not able to run the program ?

is the program running properly but even after you push "Build" or "Batch build ..." it does not translate in the game ?

if the later did you remember to add:

bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1

under [Archive] in your "Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4Prefs.ini ? and also make suree that this file is read only or, even better, run fallout 4 through a mod manager ?

without more information than "it does not work" it will be hard to help you

Here is working perfectly well in my character, also the BS is working well, may be a couple of sliders don't seem to modify anything or maybe is not very noticiable but the important sliders work well.

I have to check other npcs with different clothing to see if there is any issue but so far the ones that replaces the body without showing skin looks correctly like the vanilla.

So I can say that I'm very pleased with this mod and know thar Caliente and team are very good at their work and we only have to be patient and let them work. It's amazing that we can have this mod so early and without having official tools thanks to the guys at Niftools and *Edit. Thank you all guys !!

if you have difficulty getting it working you shouldn't really be messing with alpha testing stuff. Walk before you run...

Part of testing is making sure that something works for everyone, not just a few.

Part of an alpha is to have people with knowledge on what they do identify egregious bugs. When a person come and obviously install a mod for the first time ever he is not the target. Betas are meant for what you say

Edit: and to be clear I am not say that they should not try just that this kind of feedback is probably better placed out of the main thread so developer can focus on feedback related to their development instead of "Hi how do you use CBBE ?" (whicch is still working like it was in skyrim). Meanwhile people like us can help them from this thread

There's a big difference between being new and getting something to work properly. People keep complaining about every question asked so long as it's not something they're currently having issues with. People tend to become condescending with others on here when they think they're above others and that should no tolerated.

I have the texture issue even when I click on the Preview with Body Slide up. What have i done wrong and what's the fix?

Oh and, my "Fallout4Prefs.ini" doesn't have an "[Archive]" section but my "Fallout4.ini" and "Fallout4Custom.ini" do and i have added "bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1" to both of them.

hey everyone, for some reason I cant access the page where the mod is posted, I'm unsure if its my VPN program or Koreas strict internet laws. I was wondering if anyone could link me an external full version of the mod so I can get ride of those nasty body lines and finally have a proper body mod. Please and thank you.

A tempory fix for the 3rd problem, the one mentioning the ugly textures on the vanilla outfits, is to use a mod called "Unique Player." I'm not sure if I can link to it directly here. I am using it with the CBBE Alpha and have no issues. This of course is just a temporary fix, I'm sure it wont be needed once the full release of CBBE is available.

Will everyone have the issue of the weird texture on the vanilla outfits or no? I haven't found a way to get rid of it, if possible! Thanks for the help. :>

From the release post read me :  

Not included:
  • Outfit Studio has been disabled, not ready for public use yet (Crashy, buggy, undocumented!).. but will be available soon, and will allow you to easily and quickly adapt game outfits or custom outfits to the body
  • Outfits that fit the body... coming soon!

Currently - everyone will have weird textures when using any default clothing except the raider/gunner harness. When outfit studio (bodyslide) is ready and released, the vanilla outfits will be converted too. Until then, if you must use vanilla outfits - don't use CBBE.

well my issue is whatever i do the BodySlide tool dont work at all and i have done everything you can think of but if anyone has a idea then please tell me

is the program running properly but even after you push "Build" or "Batch build ..." it does not translate in the game ?

under [Archive] in your "Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4Prefs.ini ? and also make suree that this file is read only or, even better, run fallout 4 through a mod manager ?

i already done that, remove all Mods, of cause use the NMM to run the game, only have CBBE on my game also done the things you need to wtih the ini files and did both Build  and Batch build and still nothing is showing up in the game, do you mean Fallout4Custom.ini? for what i can see i dont have [Archive] in the Fallout4Prefs.ini also after i redownload the game i dont longer have the Fallout4Custom.ini file

i already done that, remove all Mods, of cause use the NMM to run the game, only have CBBE on my game also done the things you need to wtih the ini files and did both Build  and Batch build and still nothing is showing up in the game, do you mean Fallout4Custom.ini? for what i can see i dont have [Archive] in the Fallout4Prefs.ini also after i redownload the game i dont longer have the Fallout4Custom.ini file

Using the Fallout 4 launcher or f4se?

Using the Fallout 4 launcher or f4se?

no of them, i use only Nexus Mod Manager

Archive is in the fallout.ini,  not the falloutprefs.ini.

I have the texture issue even when I click on the Preview with Body Slide up. What have i done wrong and what's the fix?

Oh and, my "Fallout4Prefs.ini" doesn't have an "[Archive]" section but my "Fallout4.ini" and "Fallout4Custom.ini" do and i have added "bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1" to both of them.

Seeing the texture issue within bodyslide means you do not have the texture properly installed, your ini's setup correctly, or you are overwriting it with another texture. If you are attempting to use the unique player esp, and have installed cbbe using that mod's instructions, then it will not show up correctly in the bodyslide but probably will in game. Bodyslide is checking the Data\Textures\Actors\basehumanfemale folder and loading those. So if those are wrong, then your texture will be wrong. 

BustyV5 also contains a texture now, so the latest version is no longer compatible with CBBE. Well it is, but you have to install CBBE after it and tell it to overwrite any conflicting records. Glorious Nude, Nuclear Nude, any underwear replacer, etc are all not compatible and will give you this texture error. They're all not compatible for the same reason, cbbe uses a different shaped body. An easy way to fix things without removing much would just be to manually install CBBE. Open the archive with 7zip, copy everything from CBBE's Data folder into Fallout4's Data folder. Overwrite any conflicts. 

Im having an issue, my texture in the bodyslider and in the game is the vanilla version, and i dont know how to fix this, i've disabled all other mods i have and tried to reinstall it. You guys have any ideas about what i should do?

By vanilla version i mean the one you have in an unmodded fallout. It looks all glitchy and weird when i use the cbbe.

FFS i know that but the other guy did tell me to add it there :P and anyways i try everything as i say at start i cant the BodySlide tool at all

[snip]

FFS i know that but the other guy did tell me to add it there :P and anyways i try everything as i say at start i cant the BodySlide tool at all

My mistake for Fallout4.ini 

But still do you mean  that you are not able to run <path to fallout4>\Data\Tools\Bodyslide\Bodyslide.exe (ie when you run it no window appear) or are you able to run it but it does not impact the game.

If the former did you try BodySlide x64.exe ?

If the latter did you run the program as administrator (only needed if fallout is in a windows system directory but many people have it this way) ?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, my searches didn't turn up any info. I use Unique Player, which lets me keep the tattoos I've thrown on my character unique to her. My question is whether there's presently a way to separate my character's .nif from the general female .nif that all raiders, etc. utilize? 

On a side note, BS has made the game 1000% more aesthetically appealing, despite wrist and neck seams. It blows my mind that they didn't go this route themselves, because the result is far superior!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify for "some". Look up Gopher's vid for installing Fallout 4 mods with NMM before you try setting up cbbe suite.

He points out the ini files you need to change "first". He also supplies the coding to copy/paste. After that you can setup cbbe with the "extra" ini addition and your good to go.

If you don't do this cbbe will work but the game wont display your new body.

Hope that helps, it was driving me crazy too.

EDIT: I got this all figured out, my understanding of mods for f4 has come a long way this weekend. Uninstalled everything in NMM and reinstalled CBBE,

Hi guys, happy New Year. I am new to mods but last night I got CBBE and Glorious Nude Models installed via NMM. Then I installed the summer shorts mod, and all of that is working fine. I wanted to try out the different body types CBBE had, when I installed in NMM it opened up a dialog that let me choose the features I wanted and I am pretty sure I went with Vanilla. I can't get that dialog to open back up though, how do I go about getting that settings dialog to open back up? If the answer is MCM, I've been looking for that and have now idea how to find it after reading several forums. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Archived