I was wondering if anybody could point me to a good modding tutorial. The laugh from Idiot Savant annoys me so much, and while the Idiot Slut mod is awesome, I don't really feel it fits into the game without all the sex stuff yet (for me at least).

My aim is to just turn the laughs into some air-headed giggling, and maybe fix the pic into Vault Girl.

I was wondering if anybody could point me to a good modding tutorial. The laugh from Idiot Savant annoys me so much, and while the Idiot Slut mod is awesome, I don't really feel it fits into the game without all the sex stuff yet (for me at least).

My aim is to just turn the laughs into some air-headed giggling, and maybe fix the pic into Vault Girl.

If you just want to change sound, it's simple !

Just find which file do the sound you don't like and replace with another sound file.

For conversion, google is a wonderful friend :)

Just find which file do the sound you don't like and replace with another sound file.

You say it's simple but I can't even find the sound files. Also, google hates me since it just sends me to FalloutNV stuff and some mod on Nexus that gives me a kinda-demo but requires me to download 13 other things.

You say it's simple but I can't even find the sound files. Also, google hates me since it just sends me to FalloutNV stuff and some mod on Nexus that gives me a kinda-demo but requires me to download 13 other things.

*sigh*...

Steps by steps then :

1. Open the mod archive and decompress it in a foider

2. Open that folder

3. Open the "sound" folder

4. Open the "fx" folder

5. Open the "ui" folder

6. Open the "perk" folder

AND MAGIC, HERE'S THE ONLY SOUND FILES OF THE MOD!

Incredible, right ? I just had to explore it's filetree!

The sound files are encoded in the .xwm format

7. type on google : "encoder .xwm"

8. Read the results :

MultiXwm at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3159
9 déc. 2011 - This program lets you convert multiples WAV and MP3 files into XWMfiles in one go. I saw in the forum that some people requested something  ...
Skyrim Audio Converter at Skyrim Nexus - mods and ...
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8303
8 févr. 2012 - This handy tool allows you to work with audio files used in Skyrim (xwmand fuz) fast and easy. It's biggest advantage is that you can specify  ...A

AND MAGIC, THE TWO FIRST LINK ARE THE SOLUTION!

WAS THAT, THAT DIFFICULT ?

Or if the sounds get too annoying, you could probably delete those files and no sound should play.

that wouldnt work because the original sound is in the Ba2 files, deleting would just revert it to the Savant sound, for no sound one would need a blank/silent audio file

Try converting the mp3s to .wav files in the following format first before converting them to XWM.

Mono

44100 Hz

16-Bit PCM

Just import the files into a free DAW like Audacity and you should be able to convert the audio to the following specs by editing your preferences. I think. I haven't used Audacity since early 2014, so I could be wrong.

If you absolutely can't get it working, send both the audio you're trying to replace and the audio you want to use in its place my way and I'll just batch convert everything in one fell swoop and get it back to you.

*sigh*...

Steps by steps then :

1. Open the mod archive and decompress it in a foider

2. Open that folder

3. Open the "sound" folder

4. Open the "fx" folder

5. Open the "ui" folder

6. Open the "perk" folder

AND MAGIC, HERE'S THE ONLY SOUND FILES OF THE MOD!

Incredible, right ? I just had to explore it's filetree!

The sound files are encoded in the .xwm format

7. type on google : "encoder .xwm"

8. Read the results :

MultiXwm at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3159
9 déc. 2011 - This program lets you convert multiples WAV and MP3 files into XWMfiles in one go. I saw in the forum that some people requested something  ...
Skyrim Audio Converter at Skyrim Nexus - mods and ...
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8303
8 févr. 2012 - This handy tool allows you to work with audio files used in Skyrim (xwmand fuz) fast and easy. It's biggest advantage is that you can specify  ...A

AND MAGIC, THE TWO FIRST LINK ARE THE SOLUTION!

WAS THAT, THAT DIFFICULT ?

There is no call for that kind of pretentious behavior.  The guy clearly know little to nothing about how to mod himself, and he reached out asking for help.  The least you could do is give him the help, detailed help even, without being an absolute douche about it.  To someone who knows nothing about file encoding or even the difference between file formats this would be a difficult thing to even look up how to do.  Shave the neck beard and practice a little civility, dick bag.

There is no call for that kind of pretentious behavior.  The guy clearly know little to nothing about how to mod himself, and he reached out asking for help.  The least you could do is give him the help, detailed help even, without being an absolute douche about it.  To someone who knows nothing about file encoding or even the difference between file formats this would be a difficult thing to even look up how to do.  Shave the neck beard and practice a little civility, dick bag.

I would not have been that an ass if OP simply search a little :

1. OP can't find the sound files ? THERE IS A DAMN FOLDER NAMED "SOUND" AT THE ROOT OF THE ARCHIVE!

2. OP can't find the converter when google searching ? TIS THE FIRST RESULT OF A BASIC GOOGLE SEARCH!

I have little to no patience with people who don't even try!

1. OP can't find the sound files ? THERE IS A DAMN FOLDER NAMED "SOUND" AT THE ROOT OF THE ARCHIVE!

2. OP can't find the converter when google searching ? TIS THE FIRST RESULT OF A BASIC GOOGLE SEARCH!

I'd already deleted the Idiot Slut mod so no, the Sound file wasn't in the archive.

I also didn't know that the Skyrim thing worked for Fallout 4 at the time.

It is the first result of a google search if you know what an encoder is.  Your behavior isn't excused.  You're also implying that 99% of most mods cant be installed by dragging and dropping a data folder onto another data folder.

It is the first result of a google search if you know what an encoder is.  Your behavior isn't excused.  You're also implying that 99% of most mods cant be installed by dragging and dropping a data folder onto another data folder.

Most common mod archive :

root : "data"

|- .esp

|- .bsa

|- mod folder (readme + different config files)

|- overwriting folders ("sound", "meshes"....)

This type of mod has just to be unzipped in data folder, and you can clearly see the "sound" folder". Tis the 99% type of mod you're talking about and the type of used by "idiot slut"

Even searching "converter" or ".format to .format" works, OP clearly stated having used "Idiot slut" mod, which overwritten the idiot savant sound, not much reflexion is necessary to understand than one file of this mod overwritten the default idiot savant sound.

Failing to even try or not thinking is what anger me the most.

Most common mod archive :

root : "data"

|- .esp

|- .bsa

|- mod folder (readme + different config files)

|- overwriting folders ("sound", "meshes"....)

This type of mod has just to be unzipped in data folder, and you can clearly see the "sound" folder". Tis the 99% type of mod you're talking about and the type of used by "idiot slut"

Even searching "converter" or ".format to .format" works, OP clearly stated having used "Idiot slut" mod, which overwritten the idiot savant sound, not much reflexion is necessary to understand than one file of this mod overwritten the default idiot savant sound.

Failing to even try or not thinking is what anger me the most.

Implying you can't just forgo all of that with NMM, or simply hitting yes to all.  He asked for help, not to be insulted by some neck beard.

Archived