For FO4 sex mods, cause we know there will be some ;)

Dalladrion

So whoever starts this endeavor, why don't you guys consult with people who actually do these animations on the internet? From the previous games, the animations were pretty lackluster both in fallout and in the elder scrolls games. So why not contact someone like blackjrXIII (just an example, if you know someone better... better for us)? their stuff is fairly pleasing on the eye, and well animated. I may be speaking out of my ass right now, because I have no idea if there's any way to incorporate their knowledge into a video game, but hey, it's a question worth asking if we get animation on their level in the actual game.

Guest endgameaddiction

I doubt an animator who doesn't play either game or has any interest in modding either game will collaborate. And the thing is, gamebyro engine is crap. The game engine Fallout and Elders Scroll has been using for far too long. So to say lackluster is wrong. It's not that animations can't be improved, it's the way the game engine handles them that makes them not work at its best.

Have you even seen the animations created around here in a animated scene in blender or 3dsmax? You ever see the how more smooth it looks instead of in game?

There will be sex mods for Fallout 4, but your hopes are too high for a game still using a piece of shit engine.

The engine is perfectly capable of industry standard animations. The problem is that Bethesda simply doesn't make a huge chunk of the animation pipeline available to modders. They don't publish their export tools (probably a licensing issue since they use havok, but still, if they wanted to they could probably strike a deal with Microsoft to publish a modder version), they don't publish their rigs (what you get in the skeleton is just the deformation bones, which comprise only about a quarter or a third of the full rig), they don't make any documentation available.

It's a small wonder we can get animations to work at all.

So whoever starts this endeavor, why don't you guys consult with people who actually do these animations on the internet? From the previous games, the animations were pretty lackluster both in fallout and in the elder scrolls games. So why not contact someone like blackjrXIII (just an example, if you know someone better... better for us)?

Wait, we talking actual Bethesda animators? Or SFM / whatever type animators?

Wouldn't it be potentially ruin their career if an actual career animator was found to be involved with things like LoversLab? "We found you working on... dog sex. I'm afraid we'll have to let you go."

the problem is that the SFM creators will need to relearn how to animate using the appropriate tools so that they can be added into the game, some are not willing to do that. (I finally harassed noname55 enough to give it a shot with his dog animations over on his patreon page  :cool: )

So whoever starts this endeavor, why don't you guys consult with people who actually do these animations on the internet? From the previous games, the animations were pretty lackluster both in fallout and in the elder scrolls games. So why not contact someone like blackjrXIII (just an example, if you know someone better... better for us)? their stuff is fairly pleasing on the eye, and well animated. I may be speaking out of my ass right now, because I have no idea if there's any way to incorporate their knowledge into a video game, but hey, it's a question worth asking if we get animation on their level in the actual game.

I don't think the animations I've seen are that bad myself, we more lack people doing animations, so if you want better then your best move is to start learning and do it yourself, unless you are getting to old to learn new tricks......

Archived