Problem with devious devices

raptor4d4

That's script lag. There's also a setting in the devious devices MCM menu. It should be "number of slotted individuals". Look around for it, and crank that up. Might be "number of slotted NPC's". There's only one.

I don't use CBBE, but there might be settings when you installed devious devices that need to be properly selected.

I found that "number of slotted NPCs".  I set it to one and that one NPC started working.  But when I upped it to five and tried it on like two or three other women, nothing happened. 

Black magic. The higher that number goes, the more NPC's around you get the animations playing for various devious devices, but it really depends on how bad the script load is on your game. To understand that you'd have to be fluent in papyrus... which I'm not.

I suggest really paring down the mods you don't really use. Some might be cool, but there are definitely those critical to a playthough experience, and those that are just there for shits and giggles. Might also help to clean your esms in wyre bash.

http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial

• 10 months later...

Good Morning

So I was out to install Captured Dreams and DD.

I Use a CBBE HDT combo, and for what ever reason, the NPC bodies are invisible when ever they are wareing any form of DD except for their hands and feet and head. Mind you, I CAN see the DD gear, Only catch is that it has this texture less purple Color.

Any help would be nice, I can attack files as they are needed.

post-927251-0-34333800-1477587183_thumb.jpg

Good news is: you don't need to attack files. ;)

To your problem.. sounds like two different things to me, but i'm not sure. Depending if you're familiar with Bodyslide it might be a good idea to run that, at least it won't hurt when you know what you're doing (i suppose that's the reason for invisible bodies). But the purple textures are imho a more basic problem, so don't bother if you don't know bodyslide and try to solve that first.

Purple textures mean the textures are simply missing. Make sure you did install DDa, DDe, DDi and especially CD properly. If you're using MO you can simply re-install, shouldn't matter if you merge, replace or use a new name, just uncheck the other mods (left side) in case you rename. And make a backup of the load order before doing so, load it after. Changing load order in running games might cause problems.

If you don't use MO.. don't know how to handle this with NMM. It might work the same way, but i'm not responsible if your computer turns into a frog. 

• 8 months later...

hi all, i used all in one hdt animated pussy with unp unified body installed, i just download DDA 3.0, and choose uunp body in the option..suddenly in the game all of the DDA body couldnt appear as it use to be..

hi all, i used all in one hdt animated pussy with unp unified body installed, i just download DDA 3.0, and choose uunp body in the option..suddenly in the game all of the DDA body couldnt appear as it use to be..

In opposite to my 1 year old post above, bodyslide is no longer optional. Now you need to run it.

In opposite to my 1 year old post above, bodyslide is no longer optional. Now you need to run it.

i already re run body slide and now the opposite thing happens....the body appear but the corset, boot, gloves just gone....the message inside the game said..the problem was with the uninstalation of my previous DDA version...what happen is the game cannot upgrading the new version one because the old version i already uninstal it from nmm...how to make my game recognize it as new program instead of reading the old data one ??

i already re run body slide and now the opposite thing happens....the body appear but the corset, boot, gloves just gone....the message inside the game said..the problem was with the uninstalation of my previous DDA version...what happen is the game cannot upgrading the new version one because the old version i already uninstal it from nmm...how to make my game recognize it as new program instead of reading the old data one ??

I think it's a problem with NMM, but i don't have a clue about NMM... 

I think it's a problem with NMM, but i don't have a clue about NMM... 

..well thak you anyway for replying my post..maybe i should reinstalling the old DDA version...or maybe reinstalling NMM for once

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 3:24 PM, Mazdakai said:

So I am using the Wonderful world of Bikini UNP meshes and Devious Devices. The Devious devices scale perfectly until i throw on the bikini tops. Any idea why this is happening?

ScreenShot213.bmp

ScreenShot214.bmp

from my personal experience it happens because the body used by the bikini is different from the body used by the DD...that's why it's overlapping...you should edit it manually from FNIS tool.. because i found there are 2 type UNP...it's UNP body and UNP 7B Body....same UNP but has slight different on the lower body part

• 2 months later...
On 2015. 12. 11. at 1:35 PM, itsasecret123 said:

Not getting any help in the DD topic so I'm posting it here.  Hopefully more people will see it and someone will help.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Devious Devices mod.  Not all of the outfits/items are working properly. 

My characters are using the CHSBHC body and this skin texture.

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/4686/?

I believe I also have CBBE and XP32 skeleton.

Items in this mod don't seem to be working properly.  Arm binders don't work.  The binders will appear but their arms won't guy behind their backs.  Their hands will but not their arms.  In other words their arms suddenly stop at the wrists. 

Chastity belts and other items clip into the body as seen here.

http://i.imgur.com/oCoXFtd.jpg

The head pieces with the ball gags and such don't work either.  They will equip but the mouth won't open and they won't act gagged. Some work but others won't

And on the front page of the Devious Device topic there is a picture of a woman wearing one outfit that is a series of leather straps. Don't remember the name.  This item won't appear on the body at all. 

And I've had one or two items that cause CTDs when I equip them.

Any idea what is causing this?  Please help.

• 5 months later...

Don't know if people are still struggling with this, but I had the same problem. It turned out that Bodyslide generated my files in Skyrim/Meshes/Devious instead of Skyrim/Data/Meshes/Devious. Apparently, the game grabs its meshes from the "Meshes" folder in Data, not the one in the root folder. (Probably obvious to most, but I'm not that mod-savvy :D )

I solved it by dragging the "Devious" folder from Skyrim/Meshes into Skyrim/Data/Meshes and saying "yes, overwrite all".

You can check if you have the same problem by comparing the files in Skyrim/Meshes/Devious and Skyrim/Data/Meshes/Devious. If the files in Skyrim/Meshes/Devious are more recent than the ones in Skyrim/Data/Meshes/Devious, then you probably do and my solution may help.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Archived