Problem with devious devices

raptor4d4

Not getting any help in the DD topic so I'm posting it here.  Hopefully more people will see it and someone will help.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Devious Devices mod.  Not all of the outfits/items are working properly. 

My characters are using the CHSBHC body and this skin texture.

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/4686/?

I believe I also have CBBE and XP32 skeleton.

Items in this mod don't seem to be working properly.  Arm binders don't work.  The binders will appear but their arms won't guy behind their backs.  Their hands will but not their arms.  In other words their arms suddenly stop at the wrists. 

Chastity belts and other items clip into the body as seen here.

http://i.imgur.com/oCoXFtd.jpg

The head pieces with the ball gags and such don't work either.  They will equip but the mouth won't open and they won't act gagged. Some work but others won't

And on the front page of the Devious Device topic there is a picture of a woman wearing one outfit that is a series of leather straps. Don't remember the name.  This item won't appear on the body at all. 

And I've had one or two items that cause CTDs when I equip them.

Any idea what is causing this?  Please help.

At first make sure you have all Requirements , Devious Devices-Integration ,Devious Devices-Assets and all other what you will find under Requirements , and FNIS.

Your pic in the shop from DD Captured Dreams looks your chastity belt dont fits your body , so wrong belt mesh for your body i think.

And for the " Not getting any help in the DD topic " i think after the back to old Loverslab side the mod owner have much to do , so answers can take a while.

So try at first be sure you have all Needed Mods (Requirements) , and the right body + right skeleton.

And look for response in the DD topic when you have still your post there too.

the devious devices are made for CBBE. CHSBHC isnt exactly the same, thats why you have lot of clipping.

for the hands disappear with armbinder, its a feature with it because the hands would clip through it. In your case the problem is that the animation to make the arms go into the armbinder doesnt work.

for the CDT with some items... i suspect it comes from a problem with your skeletton. did you get the last XPMSE skeletton ?

also, if you could show us your load order and a papyrus log, that could help to see whats wrong.

are you using a mod manager ? NMM, MO ?

I'm using MO.  I've got a very, very long load order and I'm not sure where to get the papyrus log.  XPMSE is the skeleton I'm using.  Pretty sure.  And I went through the requirements listed on the mod page.  I don't see anything I'm missing. 

I was playing around with some more of the items today.  No CTDs this time for some reason.  But a lot of the items are very hit and miss.  They either work or they don't work.  Or they won't work at first but will work later.

For example, I equipped an NPC with different items.  I put the yoke on her.  It appeared around her neck but her arms wouldn't go up.  I put a harness on her.  Didn't show up.  I also put the slave heels on her.  Then all of a sudden things started working.  Her arms went up in the yoke, the harness appeared (with clipping) and the heels went on.  I later tried to requip her with the stuff again but nothing worked.

But a lot of these items worked faster when I put them on my female character.  Other NPCs were working but they were for my actual character.  Which is strange because everything was working fine when I tried everything a few weeks ago, the last time I played. 

your papyrus log can be found in Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script

if you dont see a papyrus.0.log file

go into your skyrim.ini and add those lines

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

the skyrim.ini is in Documents\My Games\Skyrim

since you use MO, you can get a a .txt file with your load order.

generally = C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\profiles\<profile name>\loadorder.txt

For items not fitting properly: you need to install meshes that are made for whichever body you're using. If you aren't using one of the officially supported bodies there are lots of conversions available on the site and there are also bodyslide and UUNP sets that can be converted yourself if you know how to use the bodyslide mod. The best place to start looking for the right conversion for you (assuming anyone's made it) would be in the opening post of the Devious Skyrim topic.

For the harness not showing up (I think that's the one you're talking about) there are a couple of possibilities:

1. The device hider included with DD integration is set by default to hide anything worn in the harness slot (58) when you're wearing anything in the main body slot (32.) The chastity bra (56) and nipple piercings (51) are also set to be hidden. Does the harness show when wearing nothing in the main body slot? (no clothes/cuirass) If it does, then change the device hider settings in the Devious Devices MCM - the devices underneath tabs - so slot 58 is no longer listed next to 32, and it should now show up fine.
  2. The slots used by some devices were switched a few months ago, which means that conversions for some body types might be out of date. That could mean your harness meshes aren't using the same slot as the DD master files, which will make it invisible. Either edit the meshes in nifskope, or update your conversion.

For devices not working properly on NPCs: what is the "number of slotted NPCs" value in your DD MCM? By default it is set to 0, which means devices will work properly on 0 NPCs. Raise that number to 1 (if you want to test on a single NPC) and try again to see if it works.

For the armbinder not putting your arms into the correct pose: be sure you're equipping an armbinder from DD integration, expansion or another plugin mod, not one you've added through the console from DD assets. The assets versions are there for other mods to use and don't work by themselves. If you're not doing that then I would suggest reinstalling the latest versions of the zaz animation pack and the core DD mods, and making sure to run FNIS for users afterwards. Note that zaz 6.05 will not initialise properly and leave the bound arm animations broken. Install the 6.07 patch that's available on the main download page.

Hope all that helps

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

generally = C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\profiles\<profile name>\loadorder.txt

This is a MO user, the skyrim.ini file will be in the profiles folder for his profile, easiest way to edit it is to use MOs built in editor (click on the "Puzzle" icon).

OK!  I believe I've attached the files people are looking for.  My load order and papyrus log.  Hope these help.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with some of those DD settings but I did look at the menu.

My "number of slotted NPCs" was set to zero.  I set it to 1 but haven't tested it yet.

Think I found the hider menu.  It looks very confusing but pretty much everything was set to "none" and I don't know which things I should modify.

I don't think I'm using any of those conversions listed on the DD page.  None of them sound appropriate for what I'm using. 

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me so far.  It is really appreciated. 

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

This is how the device hider settings work:

Every equipment slot is listed in the devices underneath section of the menu, and each of them has four lines underneath it. You can fill in another slot in any of those four lines. The only slot that should already have any lines filled in should be slot 32, which is the slot used by main body armour and clothing. By default the slots 51, 56 and 58 should be filled in on three of the four lines beneath slot 32. What this means is that when you wear anything at all in slot 32, anything you wear in slots 51, 56 and 58 will become invisible. The idea is to prevent clipping.

So you should see something like this:

32 - Body

1. 51 - Nipple Piercings
  2. 56 - Chastity Bra
  3. 58 - Corset/Harness
  4. None

So that means when you wear something in 32, the body slot, anything worn in slots 51, 56 and 58 will be invisible. If the harness shows up when you're naked but doesn't when you wear armour, that's the reason why. By changing the third line to None it should be fixed.

Before making changes to those settings, though, you should test to see if the harness is visible when it's the only thing you're wearing. If it's invisible whether you're otherwise naked or not then something else is wrong - probably your harness meshes using the wrong slot.

I'm doing some experimenting right now.

I probably wasn't using an armbinder from Integration.  I used one now and it worked.

I put the harness from Integration one while my character was completely naked.  Her whole body disappeared except for her head, hands and feet. 

I tried one of the harnesses from Expansion.  I was naked and it didn't show up even though it was supposed to be equipped.  I removed it, put on some clothes and put the harness back on again.  The harness briefly showed up as my clothes were removed but then it went invisible again.  But then when I tried again a little later, the Expansion harness did show up on the body, though with some clipping.

I changed that third line to "None" as you suggested.  Still got the invisible body.  It let me put clothes on and all I could see was the collar.  Body went invisible when I took the clothes off again. 

Vaginal piercings work fine but nipple piercings cause CTDs. 

And I tried again equipping NPCs with items after changing that one setting.  No luck.

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

This is a MO user, the skyrim.ini file will be in the profiles folder for his profile, easiest way to edit it is to use MOs built in editor (click on the "Puzzle" icon).

thanks i always forget about it lol

anyway. in MO, do you use the "Sort" button in the plugins tab ?

looking at your load order... i see things that could cause some problems. for example the zaz animation pack is above your sexlab. if i'm not mistaken sexlab should be the one above.

A few things I've noticed.

I'm no expert on judging what in a papyrus log is worth worrying about and what can be safely ignored but:

Whatever is at load order 96 is throwing a lot of errors in the log

Enormous amount of errors/warnings from Estrus

Enormous amount of errors/warnings from mod at load order 33 (All nude play perhaps?)

Enormous amount of errors/warnings about vampire scripts

Log seems to suggest you aren't using up to date versions of devious devices assets and integration - they show as 2.9.0 whereas the latest versions are 2.9.2

Log also suggests you're using the old SexLab Aroused. While it still works, it can be brutal on your scripting. I'd suggest getting Aroused Redux

You have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch below all your master files. It should be immediately after Update.esm in your order.

You have RaceMenuPlugin.esp above RaceMenu.esp - may not do much harm, but doesn't make sense that way around.

In my experience, by the way, it does no harm to have Zaz above SexLab in your order. That's always been the way I've had it and it's always worked fine. And while your log suggests you're still using Zaz 6.04 that should be okay unless other mods specifically need later versions. I normally use 6.04 myself due to problems with 6.05 onwards.

hmm, well LOOT and the sort button (that use LOOT to work) give me the same Load order, so for me it isnt broken. now, if you use LOOT i find it strange your load order looks like this.

in LOOT, do you :

1 - click on the Sort plugins button

2 - click on the APPLY one

my LOOT place the zaz under sexlab, but its true it just provide animations, it doesnt use sexlab. it has a sexlab MCM option though, so in my opinion its safer to have it under sexlab.

i use ZAZ 6.07 and appart with the new problem with bound animations in devious device with sexlab 60.2, i dont have any problem. ^^,

Yes, if you're using LOOT keeping it up to date is a good idea.

i use ZAZ 6.07 and appart with the new problem with bound animations in devious device with sexlab 60.2, i dont have any problem. ^^,

Zaz 6.05+ has a problem with gagged noises. The PC won't make them at all when equipping and wearing zaz gags even though the Auto Play feature is switched on. It's only a small thing but I like it, and it's the reason I keep going back to 6.04.

Other than that 6.07 works fine as long as the bound animation override is disabled.

yep, the gag bug doesnt bother me since i dont use mods with it. only the devious devices ones ^^,

as for the upgrading stuff, yes it can cause problems... but it can solve some too xD

lot of bug fixes are done with upgrading. can be a pain to update, agreed lol, but in my opinion worth it.

hmm does LOOT give you any warning or errors ?

and you should go take the updated versions of your mods, uninstall the old ones (you can keep the files just in case) and try the new ones. can help.

if i were you i would start by taking off all your mods and reinstall them one at a time, try them out in game, before adding the next one. yes its time consumming but its the best way to know what works and what dont.

yep, its long and frustrating, but its worth it in the end to get a stable modded game.

you do have an awful lot of errors and warning in your log. its not necessarily a bad thing though, since mods test this way if other mods are present or not. and you have lot of mods i dont use, so i'm not sure if it's normal or not

Yeah, from everything it sounds like Devious Devices isn't initializing.

Try doing 2 things:

1, from your existing game, go into the MCM menu and see if you can find the MCM menu for Devious Devices. If that isn't there, then we've confirmed the problem.

2. Try starting a new game, to make sure Devious Devices isn't initializing on startup. You have quite a few mods, try uninstalling sexlab aroused, and switching it out for sexlab aroused redux (super light on the engine). What are your machine specs?

Some of the specs for my machine.

Intel Core i5-670k CPU @ 3.40 GHz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 270

Is that all you need?

I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall everything.  That is going to be a bitch.  But I have been meaning to go back through my mod list and cutting out stuff I haven't been using much.  Maybe I'll create a new profile in MO with less stuff. 

I'll do this and start up a new character real quick.  On my old characters I do see Devious Devices on MCM so it is at least halfway initializing.  I thought I had Arousal Redux but maybe I don't.  I'll download and install anyway and see what happens. 

I realized one or two of the DD mods I had installed were older versions so I re-installed all the current versions.

It is working better on my character.  The new character I created, the harness appeared on her body and using nipple piercings did not cause CTDs.  Though due to the size of her breasts the piercings were not in her nipples as they were supposed to be. 

I'm still having trouble getting this stuff to work on NPCs.  I found a random one, gave her some items.  They didn't appear right away but when I checked on her again later they did appear.  But when I gave them to other people they weren't showing up.

That's script lag. There's also a setting in the devious devices MCM menu. It should be "number of slotted individuals". Look around for it, and crank that up. Might be "number of slotted NPC's". There's only one.

I don't use CBBE, but there might be settings when you installed devious devices that need to be properly selected.

Archived