[IDEA] Fallout R-rated Overhaul

brokezor

As much as I enjoyed defeat, may be difficult to pull off when most enemies are ranged characters, and sometimes they are super high up. Would be funny to watch them try to jump down to get you from 10 stories up just to get your booty and end up dying from falling >.>! 

Hmm. Maybe fade-to-black temporarily on collapse (emulating a temporary black-out) to hide them 'warping' towards you when the event triggers? It might solve potential pathing issues. Or only trigger the event with certain proximities?

The verticality can be a problem yeah, except if it exist a check for hights, I'm pretty sure it dosen't exist for Skyrim (maybe I'm wrong but I did not see it), but it's possible it has been introduced for FO4 and if it does the npcs in FO4 are actually able to jump small hights now and the pathing has been improved (just a little) so it shouldn't be too problematic.

Anyway personally I would make it so only very close ennemies would be able to knock down the player or only with melee weapons and maybe only blunt ones, it's a lot more logical this way anyway.

And to handle distances well, player as essential and fade to black events when they reach 0 hp, the Revuu idea for temporary black outs is actually pretty good too with some good dialogues it could be nice.

And to handle distances well, player as essential and fade to black events when they reach 0 hp, the Revuu idea for temporary black outs is actually pretty good too with some good dialogues it could be nice.

If combined with some sort of immersive first person it would be super disorientating for the player/character, especially if all sound fades out (even better if it all sort of dulls before fading).

Smoke Grenades?

Do we have smoke grenades in the game? Perhaps some followers would throw a smoke grenade to where the player's gone down to cover them temporarily. Perhaps this temporarily sets the character to un-targettable / passive / whatever until they move X amount away from where they go down / X time passes (emulating stepping out of the smoke cover or it fading).

From the players point of view, they wake up on the ground and can't see shit (giving modders more time to sort out AI positions etc while the player can't see any warping) with a companion yelling for them to get to safety.

I imagine anything that prevents the player SEEING anything actually gives modders a lot of freedom, as they have a few moments where they can move stuff about without having to worry about it being realistic. 

Combat Rape, Transitions

Blackouts would also allow you to avoid those 'teleport-to-cunt' scene starts. Maybe you wake up, see the enemies approaching and jeering, then black out again - just enough to let you know what's in store for you before it all goes dark and quiet. Sound fades back first, with sex sounds, followed by being able to see. Great, they started having fun while you weren't even awake and now you're choking on a dick. But hey, at least you didn't have to see the awkward start-teleports!

Also, if it's a black-out, who knows how much time passed while you were unconcious? Seconds, minutes? You can't tell. It makes sense for the enemies to have moved wherever they moved.

I LOVE this thread ^^

For me the primary function of all brutality/violence aspects is to create the fear of dying...that can be achieved "relatively easily" I think:

1) appropriate "bloody decorations" for most/all raider and supermutants bases/camps...the most essential thing imo (FO3 did it perfectly, FO4 lacks content)

2) when your character dies the death cam gets disabled and a scripted preconfigured scene starts depending on wich faction killed your character...one scene for raiders and one for mutants...maybe with some ideas even scenes for Synths

3) in this scripted scene you basically only withness how your character gets violated/hacked/cooked...whatever...the scene could always use one special room (interior) for each faction to avoid messing around with distances between enemy and player character and/or different locational setups

sum it up: changing the death cam with a gory bloody inhuman death scene

What do you think? o.0

I LOVE this thread ^^

For me the primary function of all brutality/violence aspects is to create the fear of dying...that can be achieved "relatively easily" I think:

1) appropriate "bloody decorations" for most/all raider and supermutants bases/camps...the most essential thing imo (FO3 did it perfectly, FO4 lacks content)

2) when your character dies the death cam gets disabled and a scripted preconfigured scene starts depending on wich faction killed your character...one scene for raiders and one for mutants...maybe with some ideas even scenes for Synths

3) in this scripted scene you basically only withness how your character gets violated/hacked/cooked...whatever...the scene could always use one special room (interior) for each faction to avoid messing around with distances between enemy and player character and/or different locational setups

sum it up: changing the death cam with a gory bloody inhuman death scene

What do you think? o.0

Hell yes. As long as I can turn it off easily too, in case I want to not be brutally dismembered before I go to bed.

I wouldn't mess with death & ragdoll really, they put their shitty death cam again and I'm sure it will be impossible to disable it properly again, but we should be able to simulate a death by setting the player to essential and making them ragdoll when they enter the bleedout state, hopefully this mechanic is still here and seems to be a little more reliable.

I wouldn't mess with death & ragdoll really, they put their shitty death cam again and I'm sure it will be impossible to disable it properly again, but we should be able to simulate a death by setting the player to essential and making them ragdoll when they enter the bleedout state, hopefully this mechanic is still here and seems to be a little more reliable.

Couldn't it be done like Defeat, where you have a MCM menu and set the health level and when it reaches that level the fight ends. Then the NPC's can approach the PC while they are down, maybe even in a custom animation.

Reason I ask is because in Skyrim with Defeat it works with archers least I never had issues with it working with archers typically. It might take the NPC a bit to get to you but they would stop attacking and then come over.

If I were to script this. I'd introduce a new state that only applies to a player and not to any companions. Because they're useless and mostly incapicitated all the time... I'll take a leaf from play Pathfinder. If you suffer damage that takes your HP below 0, but not below (endurance * 10) you go prone and are barely concious. You can still have the ragdoll effects when "almost dying". Then I'd have the player black out a few times and and come back to see key moments of what is going to happen:

1. The enemy that dealt the telling blow appears by your side, this will deal with the distance and verticallity. fade-out, teleport enemy, fade -in. Have the enemy kick you once more, fade-out.
  2. Fade-in, you're being dragged somewhere, fade-out
  3. Fade-in, you're in
    • A cooking pot
    • A Cage
    • Hung upside down
    • ... etc
  4. You see your death (being cooked, staked, etc..), or some SexTec thing takes effect

Using a threshold is ok and maybe more reliable sure but it uses onhit event which is more script heavy.

Making the player essential would allow us to make use of the vanilla OnEnterBleedout event that fires when the player hp reach 0, in the current Defeat mod though I can't use this method: I can't get all the aggressors because it stops the combat against the player as soon as they enter in bleedout so the radiant quest fails to find the aggressors as it is supposed to fill the alias with npcs that actually are targetting the player, I honestly can't think of a better system to detect multiple aggressors, it's reliable and fast.

I'm not saying It's not possible to use the OnEnterBleedout event though, there is other methods just look at Death Alternative mod that uses it.

As much as I enjoyed defeat, may be difficult to pull off when most enemies are ranged characters, and sometimes they are super high up. Would be funny to watch them try to jump down to get you from 10 stories up just to get your booty and end up dying from falling >.>! 

Hmm. Maybe fade-to-black temporarily on collapse (emulating a temporary black-out) to hide them 'warping' towards you when the event triggers? It might solve potential pathing issues. Or only trigger the event with certain proximities?

The verticality can be a problem yeah, except if it exist a check for hights, I'm pretty sure it dosen't exist for Skyrim (maybe I'm wrong but I did not see it), but it's possible it has been introduced for FO4 and if it does the npcs in FO4 are actually able to jump small hights now and the pathing has been improved (just a little) so it shouldn't be too problematic.

Anyway personally I would make it so only very close ennemies would be able to knock down the player or only with melee weapons and maybe only blunt ones, it's a lot more logical this way anyway.

It would be more realistic yes, in many ways, that only only people close enough can engage in such.

How about a knock out phase? Where by, upon defeat, you either lay down or get stuck in a "Knocked out" position, by which the npcs would nearby will then proceed to engage with interactions that tie in to defeat. Just an idea! Basically it ties in to player being essential, and instead of 'stimpack' option like we see, perhaps the npcs will get other options, and we will as well. Though players being essential may pose a whole other issue with realism, for example, mini nuke to the face! XD

It would be more realistic yes, in many ways, that only only people close enough can engage in such.

How about a knock out phase? Where by, upon defeat, you either lay down or get stuck in a "Knocked out" position, by which the npcs would nearby will then proceed to engage with interactions that tie in to defeat. Just an idea! Basically it ties in to player being essential, and instead of 'stimpack' option like we see, perhaps the npcs will get other options, and we will as well. Though players being essential may pose a whole other issue with realism, for example, mini nuke to the face! XD

Indeed, taking a mini nuke to the face and be ok seems not natural in this case, though followers can already take it and keep their heads of their shoulders, I guess we could make the player die in case of big damage take anyways.

There is a bunch of paired animations with melee weapons we could use to make cool knock out effects. :)

Anyways we really need how the essential state works for the player in this game though before making any plans, I just hope the combat AI is easier to deal with than Skyrim's...

Mm, that's one touchy subject. I'm not the right person to make even a logical guess on how easy to deal with the combat AI is, in accordance to the required script work and what not.

Though from the looks of what Skyrim is today? I'm damned sure, someone will figure it out, and we will all sing praises and worship his or her almighty power. XD

Just to derail the topic a little. Definitely would love to see killmoves here, adding more of that sweet, sweet melee combat animations. FYI, I'm playing a bare hands melee run this time round with the x3 damage bare hands mod. Wicked as shit X3

Yeah sorry if I sound like I mean to spoil any ideas, I'm thinking too technical, hours and hours of Skyrim's coding might do this to you. :P

But I'm certain it will go 5x faster to make awesome mods for FO4 that it was for Skyrim, fallout uses the same coding language and we already have a lot of talented modders and crazy ideas, this can only turn out great. :)

Yeah sorry if I sound like I mean to spoil any ideas, I'm thinking too technical, hours and hours of Skyrim's coding might do this to you. :P

But I'm certain it will go 5x faster to make awesome mods for FO4 that it was for Skyrim, fallout uses the same coding language and we already have a lot of talented modders and crazy ideas, this can only turn out great. :)

Yes we do, even one talented modder who made one of the best Skyrim mods Defeat posting in this very forum thread. :)

**repost from old new forum**

• Slavers
    • Just mod them back in, same setup as FO3/NV, same sexout plugins
    • Synth-slaves, sex-slaves that could exist in various states of dismemberment? Want a sex-slave synth? This one has no legs so I can't run away.
    • Be a slaver.

Slavers could be part of the Gunners. After all those Guys do everything for money. In fact a named Gunner wanted me to sell him a Ghoul Kid in the Game.

I think that would be very fitting.

Went through a Gunner base today that was full of cages.

Quincy? I think Mama Murphy's vision for Quincy (see terminal in chapel) mentioned something about them being enslaved?

Also there's that FUBAR boat (Libertaria?) that's got cages full of dead settlers.

As much as it is possible and I would not mind slavery tied to gunners. I would personally enjoy more factions. Personal view on the matter really, too little factions in the game :C

Would love to see more variety. Though it is not impossible for the likes of Gunners/raiders to sell or buy slaves from X faction as well, if such interactions were possible.

As much as it is possible and I would not mind slavery tied to gunners. I would personally enjoy more factions. Personal view on the matter really, too little factions in the game :C

Would love to see more variety. Though it is not impossible for the likes of Gunners/raiders to sell or buy slaves from X faction as well, if such interactions were possible.

Agreed. F:NV was so goood, why did FO4 have to be so flat?

Well it could be done where the Gunners are the slavers, so once a character ends up captured they end up going to the Gunners. From there they are eventually sold on a auction block and can end up a slave to any faction. Similar to the Skyrim mod Simple Slavery framework.

Well it could be done where the Gunners are the slavers, so once a character ends up captured they end up going to the Gunners. From there they are eventually sold on a auction block and can end up a slave to any faction. Similar to the Skyrim mod Simple Slavery framework.

Or recruited, joining the gunners and becoming one of them... after horrible initiation, of course. Your Commanding Officer is the one that raped you the most.

Because Obsidian didn´t produced it

Because Obsidian didn't produce it

No, but they could have taken SOMETHING form the success of FNV.

Literally, just giving raiders some more names (don't change the stats, gear or anything, replace 'Raider' in the name) for gangs would have been enough to fluff out the endless Raider murdering. Palette-swapping their gear wouldn't even be required.

According to the Wiki...

In the Commonwealth Raiders are more organized than before. Raiders are now more technologically advanced and can utilize machine gun turrets and automatic spotlights - some Raider leaders have even re-purposed Power Armor for themselves. However, Raiders in the Commonwealth do not have a centralized organization, and are split into several groups. According to terminals and dialogue, some of these groups antagonizes each other, while some stay out of each other's way. For example, Red Tourette's group have constant skirmishes against Tower Tom's crew.

These raiding groups rarely have set names and are mostly referred to by their leaders, with some exceptions like the Forged (the Forged themselves aren't originally from the Commonwealth, thus why they might be different). Raiders seem to follow an unspoken chain of command, though not as structured as the Gunners.

See, they rarely have set names. But why not? Why didn't Red Tourette's crew have their names swapped? Raider Psycho --> Red Psycho. Tower Tom's group? Raider Psycho - Tower Psycho, Raider Scum - Tower Scum.

And then there's this...

Raiders are less aggressive according to the lore - they prefer to extort and negotiate with Settlers than killing them outright (though this is not shown in-game). Raiders earn protection money from Bunker Hill caravans and spends money in places like Combat Zone, a Raider-only bar, showhouse and wrestling ring. 

It's there in the lore, but not implemented in the game.

It's little things, y'know?

Archived