fallout 4

lorudune

At least silverlock has put out the beginning versions of FO4SE. Making headway before the CK is out is always good.

Actually the beginner version is already out.

And you can already write F4SE plugins.

At least silverlock has put out the beginning versions of FO4SE. Making headway before the CK is out is always good.

Wait, does that mean that something like Enhanced Camera for Fallout 4 is possible now? So soon!? That's got to be the one mod that I've missed the most from Skyrim. I nearly stopped playing FO4 after the first few minutes because of my missing body under my head. It spoiled me and I never realized just how much it added until it was gone in FO4.

@@TheOtherGuy, no, not yet.

The actual F4SE adds the injection and run system, the plugin system (exactly the same that was in Skyrim), the log system, a remap-key system (that is brand new), and hooks into a few functions for different forms, but they are not yet exported.

It is a work in progress, bu IanPatt, BeHippo, and PLB are doing their best.

And considering that was out about 2 weeks after the game was out, this time they burn all previous records.

Yes that's what I meant. The only thing being that its a bit unrefined at the moment. I'm not sure how we'll end up doing things this time around, but I remember back in the day with Prideslayer, he custom edited the script extender for Sexout.

Anyone worried about scripts in fallout? I mean if you look how settlers or followers behave, it feels like a skyrim running with many script-heavy mods? or is it just me?

Weird pathfinding issues and sometimes when you lower your weapon it takes a lot of time to follower to do the same?

EDIT. ah ok

Anyone worried about scripts in fallout? I mean if you look how settlers or followers behave, it feels like a skyrim running with many script-heavy mods? or is it just me?

Weird pathfinding issues and sometimes when you lower your weapon it takes a lot of time to follower to do the same?

These "events" are not managed by scripts. They are managed by the game core (C++ code.)

The actual vanilla scripts in FO4 are really light.

Am I worried? No. Skyrim (previous engine) was running tons of mods with scripting and it was doing just fine (of course if the script is written in the correct way it is better. And this does not happen always.)

Am I worried? No. Skyrim (previous engine) was running tons of mods with scripting and it was doing just fine (of course if the script is written in the correct way it is better. And this does not happen always.)

Correct me if I'm wrong bit didn't Skyrim have issues with script heavy setups (modded ones) like events not properly registering, scripts stopping halfway through etc.

The CK for Fallout 4 needs to come out first. And a version of FNIS for Fallout 4. And nude bodies. And animations.

Bro a pre version was released.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1813/?

Right now, that's about as useless as tits on a bookshelf.

So fun to play with but ultimately not very satisfying? :)

Correct me if I'm wrong bit didn't Skyrim have issues with script heavy setups (modded ones) like events not properly registering, scripts stopping halfway through etc.

To a point, it depending on how well the mod was written and how good the PC was that was running it. Keep in mind FO4 by default already uses more ram than Skyrim and I would be surprised to see a modder unlocking even more ram for it. So I think FO4 will be able to handle heavy script loads on good PC's a lot better. But I have no proof just my feeling.

All depends on how the scripts were done.

Let me give you a few examples:

Some mods were event based, and when the event was received (and registered only once) they did something, also computational heavy. ==> No big deal.

Some mods are NOT event based, and they continuously cycle in their scripts ==> These mod are a problem, and it is not the fault of the Papyrus VM provided by Skyrim (or FO4, in future.)

Some mods were starting just too many scripts at the same time (I remember one that was adding a script to every rain drop! Or to every ObjectReference in the player cell.) ==> These mods have no chance to work well.

Some mods were registering multiple times the same event. ==> These mods create memory leaks and go missing the events, because the internal event queue list is never cleaned up. (Now this was a serious problem on older versions of Skyrim, on the last available 1.9 patch this problem "seems" to be solved.)

I personally wrote some "script heavy" mods. But that what it means? For me it means that in a few mod I wrote there are more than 20,000 lines of script. But the actual power consumed is little. (My next mod "Scent of Sex" has about 25 thousands lines of code, but I can guarantee that every function runs for less that 0.1 seconds and it runs only when the specific event happens.)

is the Fallout 4 CK going to use an entirely new language, or is it going to be like skyrim's language? I would like to know so I could start familiarizing myself with it.

The F4Papyrus is 99.9% the same that is in Skyrim.

With a couple of small (but big) differences:

- all arrays are dynamic: you can dynamically add items to them

- there are Struct[ures]: so you can create more advanced data used in scripts.

Properties are the same, function calling is the same, language words are the same. 95% of the game functions are the same.

is the Fallout 4 CK going to use an entirely new language, or is it going to be like skyrim's language? I would like to know so I could start familiarizing myself with it.

The F4Papyrus is 99.9% the same that is in Skyrim.

With a couple of small (but big) differences:

- all arrays are dynamic: you can dynamically add items to them

- there are Struct[ures]: so you can create more advanced data used in scripts.

Properties are the same, function calling is the same, language words are the same. 95% of the game functions are the same.

Sweet, looks like I can start make rough frames of what my scripts will looks like for CumTec. I haven't scripted in forever so I'm rusty  :-/

Archived