[Suggestion] Frameworks like SexTec ...

Lormis

Hello everyone,

out of experience with Skyrim, shouldn't there be a more "general" framework than SexTec(- Lab, whatever) for stuff like:

• Modifications to the player model (pregnancy, weight gain/loss etc)
  • Modifications to the player texture/shaders (fluild, bruises, tanning etc)
  • Keeping track/ introducing of more general stats like mood, hunger, fear etc
  • Keep track of events like pregency etc

My idea would be to create a framework that every mod that somehow affect the player should attach by calling commands on the framework, so if there are for example two mods installed that induce "different" kinds of pregencies (for example SoulGemOven and a beastiality mod) so the player can get only pregnant once at a time

or if there are two mods that want to scale the breasts of the player, there is no rivalry, but functions like:

character.isBreastSizeDefault() , character.increaseBreastSize() and so on ...

or if there is a mod which increases fear for the character at night and another one that increases fear when beasts are close, the character would have not have two different - mod internal - representations of the fear of the player, but one in the "main" framework, so when the player meets beasts at night, the character freaks out ...

Wouldn't this be the perfect time, before the creation kid gets released to specify the interface of the main framework, so every mod creator can work hand in hand - and not against each other?

So what you're trying to get at is a non-adult framework, you might want to post something like that in the nexus or try to create it yourself and get others in on it. I think it's too early to know exactly what will be included in the SexTec framework, so who knows they might include some of the ones you mentioned.

The actual specification of SexTec has some of the items you mentions (as sub-modules).

Centralized Node Scaling is one of them, and the "pregnancy cycle manager") is another.

There is a plan for some "Stats" but they will be probably only sex related.

I should also point out that SexTec will in fact only be a framework. Just like Sexout and Sexlab, it does literally nothing if you don't have other mods that make use of the framework.

Excellent point.

Thanks for making it clear.

It would be very helpfull for mod creators if the basic framework (Sextec) would host and provide the basic variables for mods I would call the "extentions" of the framework. Like "Arousal/Lust", "Fertility/Pregnancy", "Sexual Preferences", "Prostitution", "Slavery" etc.

For example: With Sexout you had to make "PregV3" a requirement if you just tried to make a topic condition, where a NPC would have something to say if the player was pregnant. - This was later solved by the introdicion of the NX variables.

But if it would be included in the basic framework the creator of a content/story/quest mod would not have to care about which mod the user has installed. To keep this example - Which Preg-mod the user has installed. And if a mod user doesn't like pregancy mods he doesn't need to install it but still can use the content mod. Same for most of the listed examples for "extended framework mods". The (content) mod creator could prepare events for things which not yet are made. To use my example again: If the basic framework would provide a variable like "current visible (pregnancy) belly (0 - 100)" I could use it as a condition check. And as soon as a "Pregnancy extention mod" is made it would work.

The basic framework should just host those variables and IMHO it doesn't have to do anything with them. (Except from the sex counters etc. of course). The "extention" mods could work with those variables, could check, increase and decrease them and the "content" mods could do so. 

And if the creators of Sextec consent to this suggestion I would immediately make another suggenstion: A "SextecStats.esm" could be made as soon as the GECK/CK is released. So the mod creators could start making mods like a Sextec Quest Overhaul (like Sexlab Solutions or Sexout Consequences ...) or other story/quest-mods - The animations could be replaced by fade to black scenes like in good old Fallout 2 till Sextec calls are available. Even an arousal-extention could be made very soon (no animations needed).

So? What do you think about it?

The core of SexTec I am writing is a plugins manager.

So, just for the sake of an example, you are interested in a "Pregnancy" you may call some functions like:

Sextec.getPlugin("Pregnancy").getValue(anActor, "Is actor pregnant")

and decide what to do in your mod.

Now, the "pregnancy" plugin can be really basic if only Sextec is installed, but other modders can simply replace the plugin with a more sophisticated one later.

And, yes, a SexualStatistics plugin will be available.

Just a note: SexTec is in "brainstorming" phase. Some contributor (I cannot put here the names) is involved.

For some components I am doing a Proof of Concept using Skyrim as Back-End.

Do not expect this mod to be out now. It will take time to be barely functional. And for sure we need to wait the new CK to be out.

Thank you for all your answers!

The actual specification of SexTec has some of the items you mentions (as sub-modules).

Centralized Node Scaling is one of them, and the "pregnancy cycle manager") is another.

There is a plan for some "Stats" but they will be probably only sex related.

This sounds really awesome! Exactly what i was thinking about, about not "just" focused on sex. Is there a reason you do this? Why not call it the "player-framework" and add non-sexual content? Especially what i wrote about managing the player texture (layers). A lot of mods could benefit from this interface (Stupid example: Bukkake (mod1) on a white skinned vampire(mod2) that got tanning marks(mod3)). I am sure there are many other examples like this. (a good one i just figured is a player nickname, so somebody in a mod adding a quest line could give you a [degrading] nick name that sticks in different content from other mods)

If the work load is the issue, maybe i could help a bit. (I have little to no experience in the modding script language of bethesda games, but a lot in general scripting languages like python or ruby)

Do not expect this mod to be out now. It will take time to be barely functional. And for sure we need to wait the new CK to be out

As someone who develops software professionally, i feel you mate  :D

Archived