SexVoice 4 - Modder's Resource [WIP]

Vulon

Amazing work.

Am I the only one though that thinks Magnolia clearly sounds like the age of the actress who voiced her (who seems like a wonderful person, but still) i.e. almost 70 years old? That's certainly fine for those who lean in that direction, but there are those who can't get around that (can't not hear it) and it can be a bit of a turn off.

As a modder's resource, I assume it will be up to the modder to choose which voices to use, so I'll just say that I hope most modders leave voices optional or changeable.

Am I the only one though that thinks Magnolia clearly sounds like the age of the actress who voiced her (who seems like a wonderful person, but still) i.e. almost 70 years old? That's certainly fine for those who lean in that direction, but there are those who can't get around that (can't not hear it) and it can be a bit of a turn off.

I'm going to be the arsehole to say this, but...

By changing the character so much that they appeal to your tastes, aren't they no longer the original character?

"I'd find NAME attractive if..."

She was black instead of white

She was young instead of old

Her voice sounded different

And bigger hips and tits

She liked X instead of Y

"... so actually, I want her character replaced."

People can have overly mature voices for their age.

Can someone investigate Tommy Lonegan's voice files? apparently Bethesda recorded voice for him for the arena where the player can join and fight inside of it . Just like the unused voices there is also apparently an unused cell when Bethesda decided to cut it down.

Right now the Combat Zone seems like a place with a lot of potential so I was wondering if anyone has the recordings or knows how to reach them.

cheers!

Depends on what you are looking for.  I've been separating and tagging files here and there that seem like that could be used for possible quests, reactions, and scenarios, but there's a heck of a lot of material to cover and all that.  Plus I get bored easily and distracted by shiny objects.  However, if you do figure out what you are aiming for, feel free to mention it-- if there's a set goal or line you'd like to see, it's not entirely unlikely something can be done about it. 

Depends on what you are looking for.  I've been separating and tagging files here and there that seem like that could be used for possible quests, reactions, and scenarios, but there's a heck of a lot of material to cover and all that.  Plus I get bored easily and distracted by shiny objects.  However, if you do figure out what you are aiming for, feel free to mention it-- if there's a set goal or line you'd like to see, it's not entirely unlikely something can be done about it. 

<3 Fab. Plenty of ideas for what SORT of things it would be good to have, but no set lines. As everything's still in a pipe-dream stage, it's not really fair to get people working on stuff that might never be a mod.

Just wanted to swing by to break my recent radio silence. :D

I've been kept busy with the hubbub of the holidays and a number of other projects currently in development, but I'm still dedicated to continuing my work on this. :)

As luck would have it, much of what I'll be doing while working on the projects listed in the above link coincide nicely with this endeavor. As mentioned in the OP, I became interested in this project because I had already begun working with player/npc dialogue. While maintaining momentum can be difficult when juggling numerous projects, in this case I can quite easily work on SexVoice in tandem with everything else I'm already doing without having to deal with a lot of back and forth. 

That being said, considering the massive breadth of Laughingfox's efforts during my leave of absence, it looks like I'm going to have to play a fair amount of catch-up. 2-3000 lines as of the 18th?! That is some serious dedication! 

Would it be possible to ask for some non-sexy dialogue for non-adult mods too? I can't think of anything right now, though.

In essence, this is along the lines of what I'm already committed to doing, especially in regards to player dialogue. 

Can someone investigate Tommy Lonegan's voice files? apparently Bethesda recorded voice for him for the arena where the player can join and fight inside of it . Just like the unused voices there is also apparently an unused cell when Bethesda decided to cut it down.

Right now the Combat Zone seems like a place with a lot of potential so I was wondering if anyone has the recordings or knows how to reach them.

cheers!

Interesting! I'll have to look into that. I fully agree with you in regards to the Combat Zone being a location with a ton of potential.

Eh.  Seriously, there is at least 3ish feet of snow outside, and the temperature is a rocking 5 or so in the evening of late.  With the net down most of the time, having something to focus on is a small mercy.   I started from the bottom of the list, rather than the top, and have quickly discovered there is a lot of repetition in the dialogue.  Sometimes it almost feels like progress being made!  ..Almost. 

Downside of slogging through the sea of words is not playing around with the sound bits as much as I'd like.  (I.E. editing and creating saucy dialogue).  I keep pushing it aside in favor of having the 'groundwork' all set, which isn't necessarily a bad thing-- some vanilla bits could have a lot of application with all sorts of scenarios, so I've been creating a potential mod list in the background as inspiration strikes.  (Which is likely redundant with all the minds at work out here, but you never know what may spark some interest.) 

Off the top of my head--there is easily enough to work with for some sort of lust overdrive/release system with companions, and maybe some sort of reaction to the quality of the borking.   Oh, and soliciting for sex, without question.  And three (or more)somes. 

<3 Fab. Plenty of ideas for what SORT of things it would be good to have, but no set lines. As everything's still in a pipe-dream stage, it's not really fair to get people working on stuff that might never be a mod.

Ah, but pipe-dreamage is the one of the most important bits!  And what inspires you may very well inspire another, so it's all good. 

Is anyone currently working on any of the male companions? I have some free time right now and I'd like to help out (and that'd be my main sphere of interest), but I don't want to overlap if possible.

Go for it! :D I'm in the same boat as laughingfox at present, so any help you'd be willing to lend would be greatly appreciated. 

i'm kind of glad for this website and this forum. because when i first took cait to get her drug-free, i remember her sitting in that chair, moaning her little heart out, grunting and panting and thinking to myself: man, this sound'll be great in a mod...

so nice to see i'm not alone.

To throw in an idea to keep in mind for the people working on this. NPC Comments (not just from companions) to what they're seeing, ie, if the PC is walking about nude or doing some PDAs with NPC/Companion, any NPC who gets within detection range makes either a smart ass comment/ complementary/ encouragement/ heckle or disapproving remark. (Like Skyrim's Nude comment mod).

Small progress report:

I'm about 200 files in on Danse over the course of two days of working. I don't have a ton of experience with audio editing, so this has been a... learning experience, to say the least.

I decided to take a holistic approach and just handle all of the files in sequence, sexy or not, and separate them at natural pauses in the speech to get words/small phrases. I've done a little editing to try and reduce any clippiness, but like I said, I'm not the best editor. As a result, I have about 400 clips right now categorized broadly by tone and content into groups like "general dialogue, quest relevant, disappointment, praise, anger, breathing, innuendo" etc. I think I have about 15 categories all together.

The downside is that most of the dialogue in those 400 files is from a single quest, so a lot of it is repetitive or very specific. On the plus side, I found a few things that could be used in a sexy context, and I'm fairly certain that there is a lot more sexy stuff to be found. I'll to put together a demo clip like Vulon's once I get a bit more material.

Edit: oh, also, what programs are you guys using? I've been using Audacity because it's free and I'm cheap but I'm open to better options if you have one.

Small progress report:

I'm about 200 files in on Danse over the course of two days of working. I don't have a ton of experience with audio editing, so this has been a... learning experience, to say the least.

I decided to take a holistic approach and just handle all of the files in sequence, sexy or not, and separate them at natural pauses in the speech to get words/small phrases. I've done a little editing to try and reduce any clippiness, but like I said, I'm not the best editor. As a result, I have about 400 clips right now categorized broadly by tone and content into groups like "general dialogue, quest relevant, disappointment, praise, anger, breathing, innuendo" etc. I think I have about 15 categories all together.

The downside is that most of the dialogue in those 400 files is from a single quest, so a lot of it is repetitive or very specific. On the plus side, I found a few things that could be used in a sexy context, and I'm fairly certain that there is a lot more sexy stuff to be found. I'll to put together a demo clip like Vulon's once I get a bit more material.

Edit: oh, also, what programs are you guys using? I've been using Audacity because it's free and I'm cheap but I'm open to better options if you have one.

Awesome! :D

I'd be happy to run through and tweak the lines further after the fact to address any problem areas, if need be. It would seem that you've got a pretty firm grasp on what you're doing, though! 

I use Reaper -- it runs on a free trial period for sixty days, after which you have to purchase a very reasonably priced license to continue using it. I've used a number of DAWs over the years, and Reaper is almost certainly my favorite. It's a more all-encompassing program than Audacity, so there's going to be a bit of a learning curve, comparatively. 

Honestly, Audacity is up to snuff for the bulk of this type of editing work as it is. I have plenty of experience working in the program myself, and it does its job more than well enough for being a free DAW. Reaper is my DAW of choice because of its sheer functionality in regards to ease of use when dealing with plugins, post-processing, and workflow -- the first two of which aren't entirely applicable to editing and splicing existing lines that have already been through post-processing and the like. 

Where more basic editing is concerned, I find Reaper's zoom and fade functions to be much more intuitive and easier to navigate than Audacity's, personally. I've found that it's a lot easier to create natural sounding fade-ins, fade-outs, and crossfades, which can go a long way towards providing a more immersive sense of sequential "movement" from one line or noise or whatever to the next. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey e'erybody! Figured I'd stop by just to reassure everyone that this is still being worked on. Focused on some other projects for a few weeks, but I'm back on track and splicing stuff up left and right. 

I even managed to find this super rare, unused vanilla dialogue that reveals how Shaun came to be while sorting through the audio files. 

Always wear protection, kids. 

Hey e'erybody! Figured I'd stop by just to reassure everyone that this is still being worked on. Focused on some other projects for a few weeks, but I'm back on track and splicing stuff up left and right. 

I even managed to find this super rare, unused vanilla dialogue that reveals how Shaun came to be while sorting through the audio files. 

LMAO, I wish I could skip a year into the future and see how far this project has gone! 

There are so many possibilities!  

• 3 months later...

Haaahahahahahahaa!!!

That's too funny.  Now I don't feel so bad for "moving on" so quickly after seeing them put a bullet in my wife's head.  Lol!

I really hope no one quotes that out of context....  >_>

Archived