SexVoice 4 - Modder's Resource [WIP]

Vulon

One thing you might consider is isolating any "err"s, "umm" s and other little stammers... Amorous Adventures is one of my Skyrim staples, and in general I love what they tried to cut together from vanilla dialogue, but often they mash snippits together that don't sync well for tone or pacing and I've always thought that a few... Umm... Vocal stammers could have covered those pretty well.

One thing you might consider is isolating any "err"s, "umm" s and other little stammers... Amorous Adventures is one of my Skyrim staples, and in general I love what they tried to cut together from vanilla dialogue, but often they mash snippits together that don't sync well for tone or pacing and I've always thought that a few... Umm... Vocal stammers could have covered those pretty well.

Oh, definitely. I'll be employing every measure I can to ensure that I maintain as much realism as (reasonably) possible. I believe that one of the biggest issues with realistically splicing dialogue comes from simply copy/pasting audio too closely or "predictably" together and failing to take into account natural human speech patterns and their underlying rhythm.

Damn, the potential this one has. Even now it's pretty impressive, aside from a funny cut off "aaahhh" from Magnolia :)

Haha, yeah, I can't recall where I nabbed that slice of audio from; I do remember that it was pretty firmly sandwiched between the rest of the line, so that was the best I could do with that particular soundbyte. I tried to make the abrupt cut-off not so...abrupt, but I could only do so much. 

There's one line where Magnolia says "cocky"; I managed to cut it down so she just says "cock", but because of the abrupt cut-off and the upwards inflection of the original line it just ended up sounding like something from one of mans1ay3r's Gamer Poop videos. :P

That... that sounds like the best fucking thing ever. Release this wondrous technology onto the unsuspecting Commonwealth immediately.

I recently extracted all of FO4's sounds and have been converting both player and NPC dialogue for a project I've been conceptualizing and fleshing out for a few months. Last night, on a whim, I decided to see if I could create a reasonable facsimile of "sexy" dialogue using random bits of dialogue from a couple different characters. I've been pleasantly surprised with what I've been able to put together so far and decided to continue splicing sentences/sounds with the intent of eventually providing modders with a comprehensive package of audio clips and dialogue that could be used for sex mods down the line. 

Rather than simply focus on finding suitably sexual-sounding "grunt" noises from the vanilla game that can be retooled to fit sex scenes, my hope is to provide a much larger pool of resources to draw upon with greater variety; full lines of spliced, natural sounding dialogue and player prompts in addition to sexy-type breaths/moans/groans/screams/whatever. Fallout 4 has a TON of dialogue -- 116,101 lines, to be irritatingly exact -- and I've only just scratched the surface. 

The sheer amount of dialogue does make the process of sifting through everything and editing dialogue/sounds fairly daunting, so this will be a pretty time consuming endeavor. Off the top of my head, the following voice types are the ones I plan on focusing on extensively -- 

Sexual dialogue / noises / prompts for...

Player Character (male/female)

Companions 

Generic Voice Types 

But I also plan on including files for a number of unique NPCs, as well. Just in case. So far, I've played around with dialogue for two such NPCs -- Tina de Luca and Magnolia. I used these two as test subjects because...well...I kinda wanna fuck both of 'em, and it was easier to start out working with NPCs that didn't have a gigantic amount of lines. 

Since I have no idea what the future holds for FO4 adult mods, I don't currently plan on working too extensively on uniquely individual NPC audio/dialogue until I know that this is something that modders/players will actually utilize. Player Character/Companions/Generics are all pretty fundamental, so those will definitely be getting my attention. It's more of a gamble with unique NPCs. Take an NPC like Dr. Duff in Diamond City, for example -- I think she's kind of sexy because she's a ditzy scientist and I guess I'm into that, but what's the point of editing her audio for nefarious purposes if 99.99% of the userbase doesn't want to engage her in coitus? Using that same logic, since I'm not some mad, masochistic fool who wants to sort through every single one of those 116,101 lines of dialogue in the game and slap together sexy audio for every unique NPC, it wouldn't exactly be fair to focus on a relatively obscure character that I like while simultaneously ignoring the existence of one that another user likes. 

The point is, it's a lot of work, and unless I'm 100% inclusive, it's hard to justify spending that much time on side characters. If, however, enough users comment on certain NPCs that they would like to see included, I'd be happy to work on editing audio for those characters based on their popularity. If I knew what the majority of you considered to be top 10 male/female NPCs (not including companions), for example, that'd be awesome.

I realize it's kind of early to be taking all of this into consideration, but winter break's coming up soon and I'll have an ample enough amount of free time at my disposal, so...why not?

Anyway, apologies for rambling. If you'd like to hear some of what I've put together so far, you're free to check out the preview below, which includes snippets of audio for Tina de Luca, Magnolia, and the Female Raider voice type (hers came out pretty crazy). I upped the overall volume for demonstration purposes -- the actual content, when released, will be unaltered to maintain consistency with the volume of vanilla dialogue. 

SEXVOICE 4 [WIP] - AUDIO PREVIEW

P.S - Music was added for effect. I don't intend on incorporating any 80s revisionist synthpop tracks into the final content. Sorry if that bums you out. 

LOL!! Putting the sounds to a music track was genius. I could barely make out the sounds over the music (maybe that was just my headphones though, since they're not in particularly good shape), but what I could make out sounded great! Much better than the stuff you could get from Skyrim for example.

Damn, the potential this one has. Even now it's pretty impressive, aside from a funny cut off "aaahhh" from Magnolia  :)

Haha, yeah, I can't recall where I nabbed that slice of audio from; I do remember that it was pretty firmly sandwiched between the rest of the line, so that was the best I could do with that particular soundbyte. I tried to make the abrupt cut-off not so...abrupt, but I could only do so much. 

There's one line where Magnolia says "cocky"; I managed to cut it down so she just says "cock", but because of the abrupt cut-off and the upwards inflection of the original line it just ended up sounding like something from one of mans1ay3r's Gamer Poop videos.  :P

That... that sounds like the best fucking thing ever. Release this wondrous technology onto the unsuspecting Commonwealth immediately.

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

Now presenting Magnolia's newest hit single, "KAWK". Available exclusively at the Third Rail. (I don't know why I've done this)

I recently extracted all of FO4's sounds and have been converting both player and NPC dialogue for a project I've been conceptualizing and fleshing out for a few months. Last night, on a whim, I decided to see if I could create a reasonable facsimile of "sexy" dialogue using random bits of dialogue from a couple different characters. I've been pleasantly surprised with what I've been able to put together so far and decided to continue splicing sentences/sounds with the intent of eventually providing modders with a comprehensive package of audio clips and dialogue that could be used for sex mods down the line. 

Rather than simply focus on finding suitably sexual-sounding "grunt" noises from the vanilla game that can be retooled to fit sex scenes, my hope is to provide a much larger pool of resources to draw upon with greater variety; full lines of spliced, natural sounding dialogue and player prompts in addition to sexy-type breaths/moans/groans/screams/whatever. Fallout 4 has a TON of dialogue -- 116,101 lines, to be irritatingly exact -- and I've only just scratched the surface. 

The sheer amount of dialogue does make the process of sifting through everything and editing dialogue/sounds fairly daunting, so this will be a pretty time consuming endeavor. Off the top of my head, the following voice types are the ones I plan on focusing on extensively -- 

Sexual dialogue / noises / prompts for...

Player Character (male/female)

Companions 

Generic Voice Types 

But I also plan on including files for a number of unique NPCs, as well. Just in case. So far, I've played around with dialogue for two such NPCs -- Tina de Luca and Magnolia. I used these two as test subjects because...well...I kinda wanna fuck both of 'em, and it was easier to start out working with NPCs that didn't have a gigantic amount of lines. 

Since I have no idea what the future holds for FO4 adult mods, I don't currently plan on working too extensively on uniquely individual NPC audio/dialogue until I know that this is something that modders/players will actually utilize. Player Character/Companions/Generics are all pretty fundamental, so those will definitely be getting my attention. It's more of a gamble with unique NPCs. Take an NPC like Dr. Duff in Diamond City, for example -- I think she's kind of sexy because she's a ditzy scientist and I guess I'm into that, but what's the point of editing her audio for nefarious purposes if 99.99% of the userbase doesn't want to engage her in coitus? Using that same logic, since I'm not some mad, masochistic fool who wants to sort through every single one of those 116,101 lines of dialogue in the game and slap together sexy audio for every unique NPC, it wouldn't exactly be fair to focus on a relatively obscure character that I like while simultaneously ignoring the existence of one that another user likes. 

The point is, it's a lot of work, and unless I'm 100% inclusive, it's hard to justify spending that much time on side characters. If, however, enough users comment on certain NPCs that they would like to see included, I'd be happy to work on editing audio for those characters based on their popularity. If I knew what the majority of you considered to be top 10 male/female NPCs (not including companions), for example, that'd be awesome.

I realize it's kind of early to be taking all of this into consideration, but winter break's coming up soon and I'll have an ample enough amount of free time at my disposal, so...why not?

Anyway, apologies for rambling. If you'd like to hear some of what I've put together so far, you're free to check out the preview below, which includes snippets of audio for Tina de Luca, Magnolia, and the Female Raider voice type (hers came out pretty crazy). I upped the overall volume for demonstration purposes -- the actual content, when released, will be unaltered to maintain consistency with the volume of vanilla dialogue. 

SEXVOICE 4 [WIP] - AUDIO PREVIEW

P.S - Music was added for effect. I don't intend on incorporating any 80s revisionist synthpop tracks into the final content. Sorry if that bums you out. 

LOL!! Putting the sounds to a music track was genius. I could barely make out the sounds over the music (maybe that was just my headphones though, since they're not in particularly good shape), but what I could make out sounded great! Much better than the stuff you could get from Skyrim for example.

Thanks! And really? That definitely shouldn't be the case -- I reduced the volume for the music track by about -20db (it peaks at -22db, I think) and the dialogue peaks at -1.5db or so in the sample, which is pretty loud. I suppose it's possible that the lower end of the music could drown out the dialogue if your headphones have really exaggerated bass response or something. Maybe I'll upload an alt version with no music just in case anyone else experiences this. :D

I don't know how challenging this would be but if you had access to Mass Effect audio files, you could use some of Jack's dialog for the female main character since it's the same actress. With all the romance stuff in Mass Effect there should be something worth using.

Due to a number of factors -- legality of utilizing assets from other games, differences in the recording process (i.e compression, equipment, etc.), and differences in the performance itself, I'd prefer to stick solely to content from the vanilla game. Besides -- each player character has over 12,000 lines of dialogue as it is, so I doubt I'll be short on options. :)

Now presenting Magnolia's newest hit single, "KAWK". Available exclusively at the Third Rail. (I don't know why I've done this)

Proof I'm not a Synth - I lost my shit listening to that.

I can only suggest you do look into Cait's dialogue inside Vault 95. I turned my back to her and it sounded so suggestive, I'm half-sure it was intentional on the VAs part.

Update

Here's a minor report on progress so far and ways in which people can contribute, if they so desire. 

I might not have quite as much free time over winter break to work on this as I had anticipated. I'll still chip away at it, for sure, but since another user contacted me and offered to assist, I figured I'd go ahead and extend an open invitation to anyone else who wanted to do so along with some general information to help get people started.

TheCaptn recently reached out to me with an offer to help, and while I was fully prepped to take everything on myself, I realized it might not be a bad idea to divvy up the work. So, consider this an open invitation; if you have any experience in editing audio whatsoever and have an active interest in this project, you're more than welcome to assist! While coordinating an effort like this tends to be pretty hit or miss, given the sheer amount of available dialogue to sift through, I figure it's worth a shot. 

I went ahead and uploaded the folder containing dialogue for Ellie Perkins to mediafire and sent it to TheCaptn, who will be working on splicing up the audio over the course of this weekend. I gave him a few basic tips/guidelines, which I'll copy and paste below. 

First and foremost, all files should be rendered in the following format: 

44100 Hz 

Mono 

16-Bit PCM 

If you choose to edit the volume of any given piece of audio, be mindful not to exceed the vanilla volume's maximum 'peak' volume. Avoid clipping. Honestly, for pretty much every single line of dialogue that's actually spoken, there's really no reason to edit the volume at all. My sample was louder than the vanilla dialogue volume by a fair margin for demonstration, but the individual files I used to put it together were largely unaltered. The only sounds I edited were breath files that were often between -20db and -30db, which is very quiet (some of these I boosted by as much as 10-12db or so), and certain scream sounds for the raider female, which I brought down in volume just a bit. 

As far as workflow is concerned, that's a pretty specific and individual component of the process, so just do whatever works best for you. 

I usually leave anywhere from half a second to a full second of silence hanging at the end of any given file so that it doesn't abruptly cut-off/loop in playback.

The clips can be as long as you'd like. I have some clips that are only a second and others that run over 10 seconds in length. My workflow up to this point generally consists of first finding a few flirty or potentially kinky bits of dialogue, then finding any sort of suitable sex noises (breaths, shouts, moans, grunts, whatever) and playing around with them. I combine them, cut them up, find different combinations of sounds and phrases...mostly I just play it by ear.

Again, this is 100% optional, and I don't want to make people feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. It's something I enjoy doing and something that will be completed regardless of whether or not anyone else wants to step in and help out. I just thought I may as well bring it up now, since my schedule will be pretty locked in for the next week or two and I won't have as much time to work on this during that period as I had originally anticipated. 

Now, regarding file-naming conventions and general "organization" -- 

Right now, I have a folder on my desktop called "FO4VoiceRef", with a number of subfolders contained inside for individual characters. I first used B.A.E to extract the 'Sounds' BA2 archive, and subsequently used Unfuzer to extract/convert the desired voice files. I then created the aforementioned subfolders (i.e "Cait", "Curie", "Female PC", "Male PC") and copied the converted voice files for each character to the appropriate sub-folder. Rather than import individual lines of audio from these subfolders to my DAW and exporting the edited lines back into the same folder -- a process which would get very clustered very quickly -- I've been exporting the edited audio to a temporary desktop folder with names like "tinabreathy", "tinareallybreath", "magnoliasexybreath", "raiderscream1", "raiderscream2", etc. The way I figure, simply naming the file exactly what it is gets the job done just fine. Once I'm satisfied that I've milked the audio for all its worth, I delete the original dialogue from that character's subfolder in "FO4VoiceRef" and simply copy the spliced and edited audio into that folder. Hopefully that makes sense. This, for me, is the quickest and easiest way to go back and forth. 

For characters with a much larger pool of dialogue to draw from, such as the player character or generic voicetypes, I plan on creating numerous additional folders within their designated sub-folder for different 'topics' -- for example, one folder consisting solely of sexual prompts and/or suggestive dialogue, one consisting of responses to aggressive sex/rape, individual folders for companion-specific dialogue, and so on. I'll stick to the general process outlined above and simply work on one 'topic' at a time. 

So...yeah. If you're interested in helping, hopefully my rambling helps make the process a bit easier.

I'll update the OP to include the above information now. If this is something you'd like to help with, feel free to shoot me a PM! 

Right now, this extends primarily to non-major characters and the majority of male NPCs. I was already planning on working on females first, since, well, that's what I wanted to do, so just about every male character (aside from the player character, who I'd like to work on myself) is fair game for whoever wants to help. As far as the ladies are concerned, I call dibs on the PC female, Cait, Curie, and Piper. Anyone else aside from Tina, Magnolia, or Ellie Perkins is ripe for the taking. :D

Wading through the sea of voice files for the female player, documenting as I go as there is simply so much to work with.  200 voice files down, a billion to go.  (Adding tags so I can find quotes easier, such as yes, no, innuendo, prostitution, smex, beast, size, wincest.. you get the idea.)  On the plus side, I cannot even see the ground outside due to the intense snowfall, so it would appear I have nothing but time.  A bit daunting, but at least there is a lot of potential here. 

Wading through the sea of voice files for the female player, documenting as I go as there is simply so much to work with.  200 voice files down, a billion to go.  (Adding tags so I can find quotes easier, such as yes, no, innuendo, prostitution, smex, beast, size, wincest.. you get the idea.)  On the plus side, I cannot even see the ground outside due to the intense snowfall, so it would appear I have nothing but time.  A bit daunting, but at least there is a lot of potential here. 

Nice! I'll have some time to go over the female PC's lines myself more thoroughly either tomorrow or Monday. I know I "claimed" her lines for myself, but if you want to collaborate and send some of those tagged quotes my way, that'd be tremendously helpful in narrowing things down right off the bat. :D

And yes, there really is a lot to work with -- it certainly helps that Courtenay Taylor's voice is damn sexy, too. 

Just had an idea from this thread.

... could you make some audio-porn 'stories' for Holotapes in-game? Quality not necessary! There could even be a series.

Haha, that's not a bad idea. I definitely enjoyed my stint as a porn star in FO2. :D

If I were to work on something like this, it'd most likely be for a different mod altogether. This is something that I'm been interested in doing, though. I do a fair bit of voiceover work from home and have also contributed to a lot of Skyrim / New Vegas mods; before the site reverted someone started a discussion topic about an adult-oriented radio station they were planning on working on with their wife ("Mistress of the Night", iirc). 

I think there's loads of potential for sexy/funny/interesting content with stuff like this. While I could probably find vanilla dialogue that I could tweak to this effect, I really like the idea of fully original content in this vein. Aside from the obvious FO2/Cat's Paw/Golden Globes references, I already have a few ideas based on some characters I recently worked on for a few different projects. 

I've been recording lines for a batshit crazy raider boss who hosts his own "talk show" for a New Vegas themed podcast, and I think randomly coming across the frequency to some bizarre raider porn radio station where a lot of freaky, over-the-top stuff goes down (and most likely goes terribly wrong because raiders aren't very smart, generally speaking) would be pretty great, personally. Plus, I just really enjoy finding excuses to get really loud and insane in my booth. Like this. 

PsychoRaiderDude.wav

I also have a vague idea in mind for some sort of first generation supermutant who retained his intellect, like Marcus, but went in an entirely different direction altogether. Perhaps some crazed lunatic who preys on human females, fueled by anger over his own infertility. I was thinking about the subject recently and found it interesting. The sterility of supermutants is something that's been established in the lore but never really expanded upon in any meaningful way. Finding records of a crazed, rape-y, intelligent Supermutant would be pretty...interesting? I dunno, haha. It'd definitely fall more under the category of dark-kinky-creepy-sexy than outright sexy. 

I could probably just use the same guttural "orc" voice that I use for pretty much any character that's supposed to be intimidating or, uh, big. Like this, maybe.

SupermutantDude.wav

Or maybe something a little more nuanced. I dunno. Just spitballing here. 

Aside from the aforementioned ideas, I'd love to come up with more interesting premises for adult-oriented holotape stories and radio broadcasts, though I think that's something I'd focus on once the CK is released. :) I'll keep an eye on that thread for sure, though.

Now, in news that pertains to this mod -- started going over the female player character lines today and was pleased at how much I've already found to work with. In the span of an hour I probably edited close to 100 lines (though a good dozen or so I simply copied over and renamed because they just worked as they were), and I'm looking forward to delving into the process again tomorrow! :D

Voice acting can be fun.  I myself sound like a game show host or radio dj. 

Ugh, finally got my internet back yesterday, as the snow and storms had effectively rendered any of the towers useless.  So, sorry for not replying earlier.   (Hurray for living on a snowy mountainside.)  While I certainly don't mind tossing up a list of all the stuff I've listed/found/tweaked, it's more than a little.. messy.. at the moment, as I  figured I would reorganize when I finally finished running through the female heroine. 

Starting from the bottom of the list, I think I'm something like 2-3000 lines browsed and screened, trying to stick them in various groups where they make a reasonable amount of sense, or potential for questage.   A couple hours every night and I'll get there, eventually.  I'm in no particular rush, as it's just as much for me as a potential tool for anybody else -hopefully it'll make for a handy index/resource for other folks to browse through and maybe get inspired to spice up the wasteland in their own unique way. 

Been focusing on a couple different angles  --seduction and cheesy come on lines,  potential managing and working in a brothel, size play and large beastie fun, robo borking and it's scientific glory,  companion lust overdrive and how to take care of it,  dealing with the more than occasional rapist, and believe it or not-- just 'fleshing' out some potential romance with the companions  (as well as leading them to the pink side).    That last part may actually be the most fun and/or troublesome.   Shagging the wasteland is one thing, but if, say, it was Piper and the hero constantly getting into trouble together, or Cait trying to one-up the hero's performance, or Curie in the pursuit of refining her technique and/or data..

The tricky bit is to make the dialogue sound authentic and not overly forced.  Shagging things once or twice should be an easy branch option for dialogue down the line when Sextec manifests in all it's penultimate glory  --but justifying that afterwards, keeping a steady plot or narrative that doesn't make the protag seem like an utter basketcase..  eh.  It's early yet, I'l have a better idea what's possible when I'm done wading through  the sea of speakery. 

Last bit-- toying with the idea of a potential NPC based off the femme heroes copious amounts of dialogue.  I prefer to create a hero utilizing more lines of smarm and charm  (hm.. good name for a personality mod)  but there is a massive chunk of angry, angsty, bitter speech I wouldn't choose with a ten foot pole.  I'm aiming for a porn starlet, a heroic seductress, not an irritable bitchy rapist  (I'm sure somebody else will purse that angle.. a great deal of the mods in LL seem to be 'dark'.)  But-- rather than let it going to waste,  what if our heroine was cloned at some point--  and that results in a smaller, younger teenaged version of the protag with jumbled memories running around in the wasteland trying to survive, and focused around the mods created by this community.  Which means lots and lots of sex.  ..Does it count as masturbation if the lone survivor shags herself?

While she could just as easily be a eventual companion, it may be more fun (at least for a while) to constantly get her in and out of sticky situations, (radiant quests?) gradually earning her trust or cementing her distaste for her 'mom'.  (Or Dad, but holy hell I'm lightyears away from handling the male speech at my current pace.)   Perhaps she could become a freelancer under your employ (or occasionally desk if that's more your thing)  that can be sent to discover new locations, find goods, or potential settlers. 

End wall' o text.

All of this sound really really great, I am very interested by this and I would love to begin a project around it when the time comes, because I'm not comfortable enough with my English to do it myself I would love a structured voice bank I could use. :)

Just be careful to not lost yourself in the freaking huge amount of work all of this is going to require you could lost motivation really quickly! (Same for Vulon)

No lie.  Taking a break here and there to keep things light.  But I figure at the very least if it gives potential modders a handy index (at least for the female PC on my part, so.. many.. files.. geez..) so they don't have to wade through voice files for hours on end just to find some that may potentially match.. well, that just may be the difference between a mod being created and the would-be creator throwing their hands up in disgust.  One can hope, anyway.

Archived