[Request]: Power Armour as a container

MayoiNeko

[Desc}:

When outside of a power armour suit you can enter a transfer window, which only allows to the transfer of PA pieces and fusion cores.

But then while wearing the PA your carry weight is increased significantly, which means if you pick up lots of junk and then step out you're immediately over encumbered. This doesn't bode well for people who prefer to go through towns and dialogue options outside their suit for immersive purposes.

And it does make sense to be able to store your junk on your PA much like you give to a follower, but making it accessible while wearing, and stored while not. 

This way you can even keep the heavy weaponry on the PA frame and not have to lug it around all the time.

---

[Actual Mod]:

Unlock the PA transfer window to allow all item types to be stored.

---

[bonus objective]:

If possible, having the max container size equal to the same amount of carry weight boost you receive while wearing would be perfect.

That way a character with 300lb carry weight standard, and 450lb suited up, can only store 150lb in the suit, and it wouldn't be more powerful than normal.

I'm hoping it isn't difficult, since currently the power armour pieces that are in the frame's container show up in your inventory while wearing it and can be equipped/unequipped and thrown away as normal.

Let me know what you think

-

Cait

I wouldn't be surprised something like this is done once the mod tools are out. I am sure someone will overhaul the power armor system. But I agree something like this would be good. Add in the ability to have weapons tied to the armor so when you exit the armor the weapons like miniguns stay with the armor. Yet while in the armor you can only use the weapons the armor has equiped so no using your normal pistol you carry.

Remember the extra weight probably is hanging on the outside of the armor, not actually in it, so no different than leaving your stuff on the ground next to it :)

Actually it would also be good to have a lock system too to lock stuff/people out and in, I'd like to see a terminal screen on the back of power armor so you had to put a fusion core in then hack the terminal or use your pipboy to open it to get into it.

Hmm programmable powerarmor perhaps, force an unwilling bio fuel source into it and force them to work for you :)

Archived