[Idea] Living Power armor

Darktiki

[transfer from old forum]

I must say that i LOVE power armor in this game, and its easily the best representation of it ive seen yet. Stomping around like a bad ass, dropping from high places to hear that satisfying BOOM,unffff. It gets me worked up. This parallels with a kink of mine for Living clothing/armor. Im not talking animate clothing, im talking organic creatures that attach to the body and are filled with dozens of tentacles, usually resulting in some level of incapacitation or mind breaking(which I do NOT like). I thought why not bring living armor to the game using the Power armor mechanic.
Naturally the living armor wouldnt use Fusion Cores, but feed on other things like bodily fluids (milk, semen, blood,etc), or maybe even radiation(at some price).

Well as far as I know if you don't think about sexy, there is kind of a lore friendly excuse for that kind of thing. A bit of spoilers from fallout 1 here if you intend to play it, open at your own discretion since it's an important part of the main plot.

The master from fallout 1 fell into a vat of fev, floated around a mounth as a blob of flesh feeding on creatures until it merged to the command center of it's base. There is more on this story on fallout wikia...

This was accidental but if refined, a mutant could connect to a power armor frame and not be as gruesome, I guess the easier way would be as infested armor parts.
Less protective than the metal counterparts but with added resistances or health and ap regen poison damage. Still needs the power core to sustain the frame though

Well as far as I know if you don't think about sexy, there is kind of a lore friendly excuse for that kind of thing. A bit of spoilers from fallout 1 here if you intend to play it, open at your own discretion since it's an important part of the main plot.

The master from fallout 1 fell into a vat of fev, floated around a mounth as a blob of flesh feeding on creatures until it merged to the command center of it's base. There is more on this story on fallout wikia...

This was accidental but if refined, a mutant could connect to a power armor frame and not be as gruesome, I guess the easier way would be as infested armor parts.

Less protective than the metal counterparts but with added resistances or health and ap regen poison damage. Still needs the power core to sustain the frame though

Infested armor parts? hmmmm that reminds me of Starcraft/Starcraft2 Infested Marines :)

I think the master as a lot in common with a (deranged) hive mind, but it's clear that for the sake of mobility a suit of armor is better ... Well it doesn't even need a human except for food and it certainly don't need to control him or infect him with fev...

There have been some super-advanced societies in sci-fi settings that use biological "machines" instead of the usual inorganic stuff for war machines and such. The hyper-advanced Polaris in Escape Velocity Nova come to mind. But usually organic stuff like that is usually presented commonly as a symbiote or a parasite, and rarely as a standardized replacement for mechanical stuff.

I'm not too familiar with the lore of Fallout, but you could probably make a mod that says "something something genetic experimentation & radiation" and "something something pulp sci-fi" and nobody would bat an eye.

It could always be some kind of symbiosis. A symbiotic bacteria / other living organism that infuses itself with it's host in a way that they both benefit. Wouldn't be too  for Fallout.

maybe we could make it so that it would be kind of like transformation? item could be hidden and weightless in inventory and when you activate it the suit would be equipped? and maybe as one of downsides it would slow down ap regen/health regen to simulate how it takes things from body. but it only slows down when its active. and once you get it you would just have it and could activate any time.

It could always be some kind of symbiosis. A symbiotic bacteria / other living organism that infuses itself with it's host in a way that they both benefit. Wouldn't be too  for Fallout.

maybe we could make it so that it would be kind of like transformation? item could be hidden and weightless in inventory and when you activate it the suit would be equipped? and maybe as one of downsides it would slow down ap regen/health regen to simulate how it takes things from body. but it only slows down when its active. and once you get it you would just have it and could activate any time.

Sounds great! Maybe it could be an organic robot (nanobots? Or your own physique modified by nanobots? Or just a organic life-form from outer space, aliens are a thing in FO lore anyway) kind of thing that's infused to your body and can be activated to form the "armor" at will.

You could make an item that's quick slot-table, think of a Stimpak. Instead of Stimpak animation, your character could flip a switch in their Pip-boy to activate it. There's bound to be an animation already in the game for that. We could use the animation for entering power armor too, just sped up. Kind of like jumping into the armor that's forming around you as you charge in battle? Talk about cool factor.

Once the CK is out, making the actual item and the activation effect is going to be relatively easy too. The only hard thing is doing the animations, which could actually end up being really easy depending on how Bethesda has handled the animation system this time around.

We could make a nice quest for getting the modification/symbiotic.. thing? And later on add more quests to add/modify features of it. Oh man, I caught it. The modding spark. Last time this happened, those 600 hours in Skyrim Creation Kit happened.

P.S. I've been up for like 36 hours or something and I'm rambling. Off to bed now. :D

P.P.S. The Creation Kit can't arrive soon enough.

Or it hides inside a females womb when not in use flowing out over her body when her adrenalin levels indicate combat, and of course as it "feeds" it gets tougher, it gets thicker and bigger leaving her with a bigger belly till it gets to the point of maximum size the host can bear and it forces the wearer to engage in sex with another female to reduce its mass by infecting her via a futa like phallus or it produces eggs and does the same with an ovipositor :)

Or it hides inside a females womb when not in use flowing out over her body when her adrenalin levels indicate combat, and of course as it "feeds" it gets tougher, it gets thicker and bigger leaving her with a bigger belly till it gets to the point of maximum size the host can bear and it forces the wearer to engage in sex with another female to reduce its mass by infecting her via a futa like phallus or it produces eggs and does the same with an ovipositor :)

that sounds cool but it seems to be very hard to make. even after creation kit comes out it.

that sounds cool but it seems to be very hard to make. even after creation kit comes out it.

Indeed. And I'm sorry to say, it's not something I'm into, so probably won't be working on it. The belly thing anyway. Maybe someone can make a plugin for it. Not against the organism affecting sexual appetite though. That could be an interesting addition.

Just purely out of simplicity of implementation, making the living armor activate on player input is a lot easier to pull off. Another easy way to do it is to tie it to the activation of a perk. Nerd Rage for example. But what's the point of having a cool alien combat armor if you rarely get to use it.

This doesn't mean we can't have SPECIAL checks for acquiring it, checking for stats in conditions for the quest to trigger for example, is easy.

About other features though...

Would be interesting if - for example - the more damage it absorbs, the hornier the wearer would become? :P

And the hornier the wearer, we could implement like throbbing heart beats and maybe some very mild image space modifiers to indicate that you need to get laid to get rid of them. Maybe some debuffs that penalize you for being too horny all the time.

Anyway, getting ahead of myself. We don't even have a framework for all the adult stuff yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Something like this?

Love that, its sort of Witchbladey

Basically this mod would be a game version of 'living armor"

b25c39778e994767a9b7c5a27cfdf612.jpeg

Dead Link for me

That is the Witchblade (well part of it, anyway)

Sorry for the dead link, I hope these inspirational images load:

post-719699-0-44416700-1450664301_thumb.jpeg

post-719699-0-19203600-1450664303_thumb.jpeg

post-719699-0-68437200-1450664299_thumb.jpeg

post-719699-0-55231800-1450664305_thumb.jpeg

I so loved that entire story arc from Star Wars, I so wish they would have done that instead of Episode 7. Organic armor, gravity powered intergalactic world ships, so much potential.

Too bad its not part of the EU anymore. Its all been downgraded to 'fanfiction' basically. 

I so loved that entire story arc from Star Wars, I so wish they would have done that instead of Episode 7. Organic armor, gravity powered intergalactic world ships, so much potential.

Too bad its not part of the EU anymore. Its all been downgraded to 'fanfiction' basically. 

Disney can say whatever the fuck they want, I stopped giving a shit about them a long time ago. Timothy Zahn still writes the best damn novels I think I have ever read.

For starters Id prefer treating the Living armor like normal power armor as its far easier to implement at the moment. Plus i like the idea of stepping into it more.

then it could be like venom. think some of the pics on here, and that your capable of stepping out of it for a time, but the longer you wear it the shorter a time you have out of it before it searches you out again and latches back on.

Something like this?

Dead Link for me

...............................well, I think I now have the same fetish........

Imagining my character stepping into an open, pulsating giant pink vagina, then watching as the tentacled sides envelope her, pausing to spread her cheeks and force slimy pink tendrils into her ass and pussy. She blushes as she looks over her shoulder for a split second, allowing a small gasp and moan, before the large pussy engulfs her, tightening around her supple body, and firm ass cheeks and breasts. Hardened carapace slides into place, transforming the gelatinous fuck-blob into the terrifying bio-mech armour.

Something like this?

Dead Link for me

...............................well, I think I now have the same fetish........

Imagining my character stepping into an open, pulsating giant pink vagina, then watching as the tentacled sides envelope her, pausing to spread her cheeks and force slimy pink tendrils into her ass and pussy. She blushes as she looks over her shoulder for a split second, allowing a small gasp and moan, before the large pussy engulfs her, tightening around her supple body, and firm ass cheeks and breasts. Hardened carapace slides into place, transforming the gelatinous fuck-blob into the terrifying bio-mech armour.

Archived