Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Hi all, just peeking in to ask something. 

Very excited to see more work being done on the mod scene that's for sure but I'm curious.

Looking at all the body meshes, none of them involves the neck. Does the neck mesh tie itself to the head?

At this point from the vanilla scale I do see that moving the size does affect the neck width very subtly.

A personal thing that I'm not sure if others are feeling at this point, the neck in the game seems awfully thick for females.

Is it all that possible to change it?

Very excited to see more work being done on the mod scene that's for sure but I'm curious.

Looking at all the body meshes, none of them involves the neck. Does the neck mesh tie itself to the head?

At this point from the vanilla scale I do see that moving the size does affect the neck width very subtly.

A personal thing that I'm not sure if others are feeling at this point, the neck in the game seems awfully thick for females.

Changing neck size is something that should probably be done via bone transforms (so, the body triangle in-game).

The values for the triangle are defined in .esm/.esp files. A mod can edit those for a smaller neck.

The breast bones of the vanilla skeleton are not meant to be moved, but only to be scaled. They have 'skin' in their names, and as far as I know, all bones with skin in their names are part of the new body scaling system. I think that also explains their positions. And unfortunately the male body also uses the breast bones (maybe they wanted to appease to the man-boobs community).

working on my mod for BetterBiggerBoobs and Butt I started modifying the skeleton. I did some tests and obtained some cool cleave push up effect moving and scaling the breast_skin node so there seems to be no problems with moving them

I ended up porting the scaled values (but not the translations obviously) of my custom skeleton in the weight system instead of releasing my modified skeleton because I feared problems with males and because I noticed some bugs that may lead to CTD in FO4Edit while trying to fixing the males problem (some weeks ago, I should retry)... 

also modifying the boobs in real-time hacking with cheat engine the nodes values array worked quite well so they seemed not to behave much differently from other nodes... I did not really deep tests, just a first impression.

I do not know if that's obvious or even an option, I'm not an expert at all, I think I would weight paint a new body breast to one or more new skeleton nodes, initially linked in some way to other moving bones in vanilla animations so vanilla animations would be compatible and a basic jiggling would be obtained. in a second time I would fine tune those bones animations (perhaps with havok?)

Is it possible in niftools to pair in some way a couple of bones?

Thanks

Males also use those breast bones. You should check to make sure you aren't affecting them as well.

The hands are the same it seems, probably we have wait some more to get a cure for those monster hands :)

I'd rather not be a CBBE or 7B-ish, new game, new body and not try to do as usual.

If CBBE is the base and bodyslider is done the same way. You will be able to create any body shape you want and make clothes fit said body shape.

Of course I understand what you say, I did only comment for the base body is not exactly the same CBBE.

I'd rather not be a CBBE or 7B-ish, new game, new body and not try to do as usual.

If CBBE is the base and bodyslider is done the same way. You will be able to create any body shape you want and make clothes fit said body shape.

Yup to both. We're smoothing sliders out, adding a few new ones, removing some and editing them a bit.

I just want to include a Bombshell preset for those that want at least something similar to the 7B for Skyrim.

That's also what we're doing at the moment.

Caliente is finishing up the hand meshes and editing sliders, I'm assisting her/giving suggestions with the latter while doing presets at some point.

After that there needs to be one more thing fixed in BodySlide - displaying a skinning offset of -120 on the Z-axis that all skinned FO4 meshes have, and is only applied through the skeleton in-game. We're most likely going to fix it by simply moving the camera in BS/OS down.

Could someone please link to the forum Caliente originally posted in? Or did he post it here? I am a little confused....

The entire loverslab forums got rolled back to November 2nd, so all of posts for the past month are gone. There is no archive that I know of other than the first post of this thread.

Could someone please link to the forum Caliente originally posted in? Or did he post it here? I am a little confused....

If you mean the original post she made (which was quoted in the opening post of this thread) it's in the posts tab of the Skyrim CBBE mod page on nexus. (It's the second stickied post in there. You'll need to be logged in to view it.)

Another version of this topic was also on the now archived read-only loverslab site we recently reverted from, which is here.

Males also use those breast bones. You should check to make sure you aren't affecting them as well.

That's the problem. I've found no way to set in the HUMANRACE record to use a different skeleton.nif

There's the male and female skeleton path and filename field, they are the same

- I have a working override of the HUMANRACE record

- but simply copying skeleton.nif (unmodified) to skeletonF.nif and updating in the HUMANRACE record the female skeleton object field causes a CDT

- considering the .nif refers at itself as "skeleton.nif" in nifskope, I moved to a /female subdir, leaving the unmodified skeleton.nif  copy, with its original name, and updated the record in the female fields only adding the subdir: CDT

the problem is not modifying it, some basic test modifications work, but setting up the female variant seems not obvious.

That's the problem. I've found no way to set in the HUMANRACE record to use a different skeleton.nif

There's the male and female skeleton path and filename field, they are the same

- I have a working override of the HUMANRACE record

- but simply copying skeleton.nif (unmodified) to skeletonF.nif and updating in the HUMANRACE record the female skeleton object field causes a CDT

- considering the .nif refers at itself as "skeleton.nif" in nifskope, I moved to a /female subdir, leaving the unmodified skeleton.nif  copy, with its original name, and updated the record in the female fields only adding the subdir: CDT

the problem is not modifying it, some basic test modifications work, but setting up the female variant seems not obvious.

Thats most likely a result of record structure changes in FO4 that FO4Edit can not decipher yet as its still using Skyrim's code as a base.

I may have missed it being mentioned earlier, but does that mean we will be required to use the new bodyslide tools to make all the various armor bits and clothing fit the profoundly improved body created?   I kind of doubt the vanilla gear will play nice with an amply endowed wastelander heroine. 

I may have missed it being mentioned earlier, but does that mean we will be required to use the new bodyslide tools to make all the various armor bits and clothing fit the profoundly improved body created?   I kind of doubt the vanilla gear will play nice with an amply endowed wastelander heroine. 

When you take a look at meshes with nifskope, you will see that clothes include the body mesh and the armor pieces do not.

Therefore I suppose clothes need to be remodeled with an external 3d program to incorporate the higher poly count of the new bodymesh, while the armor might just need to be morphed with bodyslide. A higher poly count version of the armor pieces would enable more precise morphing but that might be optional.

Archived