Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Take the plugins.txt in the Users\**USER**\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and mark as read only, this way F4 cannot change this file and will load all ESP.

Just FYI, Nexus Mod Manager has fixed the problem by un-marking the file as read only while editing your mods, and then when you hit launch, it marks it read only again.

Also, you could always install F4SE, which bypasses the launcher entirely, which is what I did.  Haven't had any problems with anything.

Take the plugins.txt in the Users\**USER**\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and mark as read only, this way F4 cannot change this file and will load all ESP.

I've posted this into the official forums :

Why when launching the game's launcher it reverts the following : Games INI, plugins.txt ? This is a major bug. And can break in progress games. Mod developpers don't thank you too.

The method i have used to "fix things totally broken by this patch" :

(don't add/supp/change too much mods for the moment)

- in your game's directory installation (usually "steamapps\common\fallout 4\fallout4" ), set the fallout4prefs.ini to read only

- in your "my documents\my games\fallout 4", set all INI files (fallout4.ini and fallout4prfs.ini) to read only

- in your user profile "appdata\local\fallout 4", set the plugins.txt file to read only

I hope you have made some backup of your files before ^^.

Just FYI, Nexus Mod Manager has fixed the problem by un-marking the file as read only while editing your mods, and then when you hit launch, it marks it read only again.

Also, you could always install F4SE, which bypasses the launcher entirely, which is what I did.  Haven't had any problems with anything.

The only problem is that F4SE don't seem to like this mod : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

Thought I'd add to the hype for a bit.  :ph34r:

(WIP I guess?)

The current default preset.

SXg5F0b.png

"Apple Cheeks" slider at 25%.

EyMmI2j.png

Attempting to replicate a 7B-ish breast shape and bigger thighs.

WTotBRU.png

AGAIN ILL SAY IT AGAIN!

post-21995-0-92955100-1449626909_thumb.jpg

So if I understand what was meant by the UV maps comment (highly possible I'm wrong), this should work with Skyrim body textures, right?

Mostly. From what I've read they'll still need some minor changes to be compatible. Not hard for a texture artist. Though... if you're looking to use a skin from an author that isn't playing FO4 and you aren't a texture artist... it might not be so easy.

Well, it depends... I suspect it'll likely be the case that we'll have to do a bit of blending with the supplied textures we're given, probably around the neck area and maybe a few others. Once BodySlide & Outfit Studio for Fallout 4 come out it might also be made relatively easy for non-modders as well with a TextureBlend utility.

One significant change from what I've seen with the FO4 base textures is the color. The textures are distinctly darker. If we're going to match the vanilla skin tones with our new textures some adjustments will probably be necessary. That's going to be the easy part.

Normal and spec maps might be made a bit more difficult due to the changes. With the new 3Dc format it's not as easy as just doing a bit of blending. The normal maps shouldn't be too difficult though, just gotta convert them to something we can work with first. The spec maps... I don't "really" understand how the new ones work yet. They can be replaced with the old DXT greyscale ones since we're just dealing with skin but it's not really that simple. The red channel has the metallic properties and reflections. The green channel controls specularity. The blue channel controls subsurface scattering.

We can probably get away with a bit of blending for the most part and that much, including the proper conversions, might even be able to be handled by a TextureBlend utility, for the less advanced modders out there. I doubt we'll have to do anything as drastic as dragging our textures into Blender & 3D painting the seams away on all 3 texture types (d/n/s). We typically have pretty good base textures supplied and we can get away with a bit of easy 2D blending.

Normal and spec maps might be made a bit more difficult due to the changes. With the new 3Dc format it's not as easy as just doing a bit of blending. The normal maps shouldn't be too difficult though, just gotta convert them to something we can work with first. The spec maps... I don't "really" understand how the new ones work yet. They can be replaced with the old DXT greyscale ones since we're just dealing with skin but it's not really that simple. The red channel has the metallic properties and reflections. The green channel controls specularity. The blue channel controls subsurface scattering.

We can probably get away with a bit of blending for the most part and that much, including the proper conversions, might even be able to be handled by a TextureBlend utility, for the less advanced modders out there. I doubt we'll have to do anything as drastic as dragging our textures into Blender & 3D painting the seams away on all 3 texture types (d/n/s). We typically have pretty good base textures supplied and we can get away with a bit of easy 2D blending.

this drove me crazy today, after trying to remove the wrists seam under some light conditions for hours from some textures blending diffuse, normal and specular maps to the exact vanilla hands colors I found out that even unmodified vanilla body textures have seems under those light conditions.
the colors of the 3 textures were blended rightly, so what??? the materials? they were almost the same, I removed the only difference (a bit of emittance in the body) but with no evident effect... I'm sure the problem is the specular map, so Is it possible that maybe gimp blends in a way that do not makes the underlaying channels (red and green) blends correctly to the target color channels  (doh?)

The breast bones of the vanilla skeleton are not meant to be moved, but only to be scaled. They have 'skin' in their names, and as far as I know, all bones with skin in their names are part of the new body scaling system. I think that also explains their positions. And unfortunately the male body also uses the breast bones (maybe they wanted to appease to the man-boobs community).

working on my mod for BetterBiggerBoobs and Butt I started modifying the skeleton. I did some tests and obtained some cool cleave push up effect moving and scaling the breast_skin node so there seems to be no problems with moving them

I ended up porting the scaled values (but not the translations obviously) of my custom skeleton in the weight system instead of releasing my modified skeleton because I feared problems with males and because I noticed some bugs that may lead to CTD in FO4Edit while trying to fixing the males problem (some weeks ago, I should retry)... 

also modifying the boobs in real-time hacking with cheat engine the nodes values array worked quite well so they seemed not to behave much differently from other nodes... I did not really deep tests, just a first impression.

I do not know if that's obvious or even an option, I'm not an expert at all, I think I would weight paint a new body breast to one or more new skeleton nodes, initially linked in some way to other moving bones in vanilla animations so vanilla animations would be compatible and a basic jiggling would be obtained. in a second time I would fine tune those bones animations (perhaps with havok?)

Is it possible in niftools to pair in some way a couple of bones?

Thanks

will it bounce? that's the important question

Thats always the important question!

Well it's the most important one to ME anyways.  LoL, btw, just for a tip in advance somebody should make that BOOB shooting mod, LoL, like they did in Skyrim when it becomes possible of course.

That way we can see who makes it first because that mod came out awhile after I had a ton of mods already cluttering up my library space and I just had a tough time "juggling" (rofl) all the mods I had at the time.

Now that Fallout 4 is out I'll actually get a nice fresh start instead of having to feel like I've lost something when a mod goes horrifically bad in Skyrim.

Thought I'd add to the hype for a bit.  ph34r.png

(WIP I guess?)

SXg5F0b.png

EyMmI2j.png

WTotBRU.png

YESSSSSSS!! Lord, I believe. help my unbelief!! :D

@cell or anyone on the Outfit Studio group, just wondering about this tidbit from Caliente: The BSLightingShaderProperty is expanded a bit but I don't remember exactly how -- just some more values, including string references to the main body shader material file as well as a "wet" shader file.  It also includes a reference to the BSTextureSet block.

Isn't that specific property controls the SSS or sub-surface shading that's inside the Fallout 4 Engine now? The reason being is that I've been mucking round this value and I've also noticed that it also controls the 'burnt' textures as well. Tried changing this shader file with something else (i.e. cum layered) and it doesn't work. Does it have to be 'triggered' to an effect?

Thought I'd add to the hype for a bit.  :ph34r:

(WIP I guess?)

SXg5F0b.png

EyMmI2j.png

WTotBRU.png

Looks good, though while I am sure this is going to be a option, just wanted to be sure. To have sliders to build a more skinning UNP proportioned body.

Thought I'd add to the hype for a bit. :ph34r:

(WIP I guess?)

SXg5F0b.png

EyMmI2j.png

WTotBRU.png

Looks good, though while I am sure this is going to be a option, just wanted to be sure. To have sliders to build a more skinning UNP proportioned body.

Skinny? Sure.

@cell or anyone on the Outfit Studio group, just wondering about this tidbit from Caliente: The BSLightingShaderProperty is expanded a bit but I don't remember exactly how -- just some more values, including string references to the main body shader material file as well as a "wet" shader file. It also includes a reference to the BSTextureSet block.

Isn't that specific property controls the SSS or sub-surface shading that's inside the Fallout 4 Engine now? The reason being is that I've been mucking round this value and I've also noticed that it also controls the 'burnt' textures as well. Tried changing this shader file with something else (i.e. cum layered) and it doesn't work. Does it have to be 'triggered' to an effect?

Check out the FO4 support branch of BodySlide on GitHub.

Archived