Hey by the way I'm making a vault girl mod based on shadman's vault girl (working on making a SFW version first, then nsfw options, and tie ins to other mods). I'm willing to make some magazine covers with Vault Girl on it. Could represent perks or anything and just be skill books.

Would be a cool addon to see linked mods like that.

BTW you started a topic showing some of your early work for the mod? If not it would be cool if you did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Not entirely dead but on life support. I'm having issues with the textures (specifically normal/specular); things have changed to what I'm used to and I can't find anything to explain how to do things "the right way" with Fallout 4 using intel's dds plugins except a couple of walkthroughs which for me just don't seem to work how they're apparently supposed to work.

Not entirely dead but on life support. I'm having issues with the textures (specifically normal/specular); things have changed to what I'm used to and I can't find anything to explain how to do things "the right way" with Fallout 4 using intel's dds plugins except a couple of walkthroughs which for me just don't seem to work how they're apparently supposed to work.

From what I can tell everything can be saved in the same format as Skyrim or previous titles. The only time I can recall having issues with textures and had to worry about saving them as a certain format is when I was working with female body textures (not sure why that is though). Anyway, for magazines and books, all you should have to do is save them as "DTX 5 Interpolated Alpha", and they should work fine. The same goes with normal maps, as far as I'm aware, I've made a couple of tweaks to things recently and had no issues with saving them in the "old" format. As far as the specular maps are concerned, that can get a little confusing I guess, it seems to me that depending on the colors used in the maps, it will affect the way light shines off of an object, this seems to be more noticeable when it comes to objects that use cube maps, as the metallic effect can either be more or less noticeable depending on the color and the hue and brightness of said color (if it's not apparent, that's a subject I'm still kind of new to myself).

For Intel's plugin having it set to "Texture type: Color+Alpha", "Compression: none 32bbp", and "Mip Maps: Auto Generate" should be fine. But I don't use that plug-in very often because I don't really see a reason to. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" or at least that's the way I look at it.

Your work looks VERY good besides, I've seen other stuff out there and nothing comes close from the standpoint of lore friendliness (well, with exception of Mojave Imports, but that mod is a different beast, it doesn't, and won't have Cat's Paw for example, or the Perk Books as far as I'm aware).

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for you to find help with this project here on LL.

By the way, all of the images you posted on opening page of this thread appear to be dead.

From what I can tell everything can be saved in the same format as Skyrim or previous titles. The only time I can recall having issues with textures and had to worry about saving them as a certain format is when I was working with female body textures (not sure why that is though). Anyway, for magazines and books, all you should have to do is save them as "DTX 5 Interpolated Alpha", and they should work fine. The same goes with normal maps, as far as I'm aware,

you don't need an alpha channel if the image doesn't use transparency. if the textures for this mod are like the vanilla mags, then dxt1 is better.

From what I can tell everything can be saved in the same format as Skyrim or previous titles. The only time I can recall having issues with textures and had to worry about saving them as a certain format is when I was working with female body textures (not sure why that is though). Anyway, for magazines and books, all you should have to do is save them as "DTX 5 Interpolated Alpha", and they should work fine. The same goes with normal maps, as far as I'm aware,

you don't need an alpha channel if the image doesn't use transparency. if the textures for this mod are like the vanilla mags, then dxt1 is better.

See, there you go. I just learned something new.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, bajs11 said:

what mod? I can't even find a single screenshot or file

Copy and paste the .jpg gibberish (located under each description) into the search bar and it should bring up the pictures.. so you can see what was once going to be an amazing mod...

I really hope someone revitalizes this mod idea and makes it into a thing.

On 12/22/2017 at 6:13 PM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Copy and paste the .jpg gibberish (located under each description) into the search bar and it should bring up the pictures.. so you can see what was once going to be an amazing mod...

I really hope someone revitalizes this mod idea and makes it into a thing.

Just gonna quote this guy, because i need this mod now that i see it.

Archived