On 3/24/2018 at 12:24 PM, zenford said:

I recently thought about what would be nice to make devious devices a little cute.
unfortunately I do not know how to do it. a little experimenting I stopped on this mod to show what I would like to see.
 I replaced the original textures and I hope that there will be a master who can make such or similar devices separately from the original ones.
if you want to try these textures - just install them on the original dd device-equip(3.44).
 p.s in advance I apologize for not absolutely correct textures I not the professional.
 I would be glad if these files will be useful for someone

ddecuip_rtxtr.jpgddecuip_rtxtr2.jpg

dd-equip cute textures(retexture).zip

Those are funny. 

Speaking of which, isn't update time yet?

Have you had time to take a quick look at DD4, in an attempt to judge how much work would be required to have DDe be compatible? If you don't plan to be DD4 compatible, would you be able to have DDe take over tweak DD3 features and replace their behavior? So the old guard can still have fun without all those pesky time waster quirks. (I'm looking at you, gagtalk!)

No I did not, but I hear it is a lot of work and some features are unwanted.

I do not like that the removal of the armbinder thru dialog has been removed. For that's the only way, I remove any armbinder.  

12 minutes ago, Inte said:

No I did not, but I hear it is a lot of work and some features are unwanted.

I do not like that the removal of the armbinder thru dialog has been removed. For that's the only way, I remove any armbinder.  

I don't know about #1, since I don't really care about the framework at all and most of what I see is from content mod. I was mostly asking your from a modder perspective though, since you always have good ideas on how to circumvent BS features from the framework - now there are no gagtalk because there are no dialogues at all, maybe pointing to an apple with some septims in my hand is too complex for the merchants of skyrim.

As for #2, you do need a third party mod to handle generic devices put on your character as DD4 won't do anything to help you. That is, with DD4 alone your game will soft lock as the framework punishes you when trying to manually remove the devices. So you'd need to create a NPC which has the dialogue and ability to remove the armbinder: not anybody can do that.

There are good things in DD4 though, the only problem is waiting for content mods to catch up and be changed to better fit the new systems.

39 minutes ago, Inte said:

3. Good things such as? 

You got me. I can only speak from a player perspective, and the only good thing I experienced is my disgust for mods that add devices without any means of removal. Keys, breaking of keys, jamming of DD, punishment for trying to remove DD, all those are features that I want to see go away because the implementation is bad (relies on chance and do not care about context or volition).

Good things, such as the framework do not, or mostly don't, get itself into my face while I play. Where as before I had to care about it.

However, my question was more about the modder side than the user side. I haven't looked at it because the dream team pisses me off and it's unhealthy for me (not saying there is a problem with the team, just that I can't handle the exchanges).

1 hour ago, Inte said:

3. Good things such as? 

Reducing it back to being a framework ... or least trying to do that. So responsibility to care for the player is pushed to DD content mods.

Basically: The mods that puts a device on the player is resposible to keep the player entertained with the device and to release him.

As far as I understand the concept of DDe or POP it should play into your hands, that way.

Problem is, that too many other existing mods are not set up that way or care about it in necessary depth ... or simlpy are not maintained anymore. (..and leave the player trapped in bad situations.. no help... no fun .. no gameplay .. just interrupting and annoying)

The result is a pile of unhappiness and players calling for help into every directon for a straw to grab .. call it mitigation.

DDe is such a straw.

Back to DDe and DD4 compatability: I'm still wondering where they are not compatible? I play DD4 and DDe (because of POP) and I havn't noticed any problem, yet. Just wondering...?

1 minute ago, worik said:

Back to DDe and DD4 compatability: I'm still wondering where they are not compatible?

They haven't been tested together, so the state of compatibility remains unknown. That being said, there are changes in tags with DD4 which might make DDe not able to handle some devices. I also read that the way DD4 apply and remove scripts has slightly changed and it is not possible (or hardly) to remove devices through the console with player.removeitem #ID

If you have both DDe and DD4, could you take the time to test every piece of devious item and see if DDe can remove them correctly? (And verify if the scripts attached to those items gets removed as well.) I jest, but it is the kind of stuff we need to ensure both mods are compatible: test what changed between DD3 and DD4 with DDe outfit and self bondage feature.

7 minutes ago, bicobus said:

the state of compatibility remains unknown.

Aaah, now I see. Would we need a kind of public scratch pad: works/works not?

It might take a while.

I' afraid right now I can only play a bit and see what happens as the story goes (interfering RL feature called "family" and some other mods on my list :classic_smile:)

I think it depends on your kink. Although I can't understand them, but not every player seems to enjoy a bounty on their head, be collared, stripped, put in a jail,.. and so on.

The RL mod is similar and has certain unique perks.:classic_wub::classic_biggrin:

On 3/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, worik said:

Aaah, now I see. Would we need a kind of public scratch pad: works/works not?

It might take a while.

I' afraid right now I can only play a bit and see what happens as the story goes (interfering RL feature called "family" and some other mods on my list :classic_smile:)

I started a game with DD4, I got some errors during initialization but usually in a slurry of other benign things (I got a 6MB log because of a non-working skyui loop with immersive armor).

So some devices could be not recognized properly.

4 hours ago, Inte said:

I don't think anybody here knows this RL mod. Is it good? 

4 hours ago, worik said:

I think it depends on your kink. Although I can't understand them, but not every player seems to enjoy a bounty on their head, be collared, stripped, put in a jail,.. and so on.

The RL mod is similar and has certain unique perks.:classic_wub::classic_biggrin:

What is this RL mod you talk about? Do you have a link?

7 minutes ago, bicobus said:

What is this RL mod you talk about? Do you have a link?

Yep! WraithSlayer made a good version of that mod for Skyrim LE  https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2143-s but unfortunately it isn't maintained right now. Not sure if it's availabe in SE.

Anyway the native RL version is generally compatible with DDe :classic_biggrin: , just the odd ressource conflict sometimes. It always depends on your load order.

21 minutes ago, worik said:

Yep! WraithSlayer made a good version of that mod for Skyrim LE  https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2143-s but unfortunately it isn't maintained right now. Not sure if it's availabe in SE.

Anyway the native RL version is generally compatible with DDe :classic_biggrin: , just the odd ressource conflict sometimes. It always depends on your load order.

Ohh, spouses enhanced. That's a mod Inte needs to take under her wings, especially for the outfit feature.

Back to tasks on my list - compatible yes/no:

Setting: Whiterun 0 bounty, DD4 prisoner ball xx02f51e, using POP surrender key

ongoing arrest:

all keys where confiscated (just a piercing tool), the prisoner ball&chain was unlocked, I got shackled, collared and gagged

outcome:

whterun guard could not arrest me for whiterun, prisoner ball&chains was relocked on me, collar and gag were retrieved, he forgot the shackles (POP rope shackle set) in my inventory and kept my piercing tool

I conclude: prisoner ball & chain are fine

Wait @bicobus, .. now that you mentioned "outfit" ... let's say - that works too:classic_wink:

EDIT:

Trying the same with a major bounty and I am arrested right now.

Since I never had a major bounty in the last versions, it's the first time that I've to stay shackled in my cell. Food is thrown on my floor and I can "consume" that but can't interact with anything else ...

I like that ! :classic_biggrin:

Greetings Inte, i recently began installing mods from here, and have run into an issue when starting the game, when selecting the i'm a captured princess about to be sold into slavery" start i get this error right from the start, i have experimented with the mods today and encountered this when trying to equip a straitjacket, so it could be related to that, but i'm not sure about anything

skyrimdd.png

38 minutes ago, Rebecca Clarke said:

Greetings Inte, i recently began installing mods from here, and have run into an issue when starting the game, when selecting the i'm a captured princess about to be sold into slavery" start i get this error right from the start, i have experimented with the mods today and encountered this when trying to equip a straitjacket, so it could be related to that, but i'm not sure about anything

skyrimdd.png

First, that's not from this mod, it's from devious devices integration. However the cause of the issue is most likely because you installed an old mod that is not compatible with Devious Devices 4.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, Punga said:

Worm report. :bug:

I cannot remove existing devices off followers. I can remove outfits added with DDe just fine though. 

I will look into this as well.