Hi all, I have a strange bug. I cannot make this mod work. each time I selected equip my PC just undress and nothing else happen.

I've the last version of DD installed and every other mod link to DD work well.

Make sure you have selected some devises in the MCM. Alternatively, you could hit "Make An All Black Ebonite Outfit" in MCM to make a quick outfit.

• 1 month later...

Hi Inte, I want to report some CTD issues but until now they seem not always to make sense to me.

My setup: I tried the version 1.50 from the now archived LL site, I updated my PapyrusUtil to the current version 3.1 and started my test.

So far everything works fine, I tested a little bit around while playing in whiterun.

I found that some saves (3 of 6)  that I made in my test can not be loaded anymore and lead to a CTD during the loading.

CTD  happen with these saves always in the following manner: I load the game, I wait through the load screen, the current cell becomes visible, some mods report their usual chatter in the top left and before everything is finished I have the CTD.

All affected saves load without problems when I unselect DDe from my load order and become affected again when I reselect them for my load order.

CTDs make no difference if I load from a running game or if I start skyim and load the save from the main menu.

I still have no insight if there might be some side issues with other mods, I guess I will test a little bit further.

I just wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

Hi Inte, I want to report some CTD issues but until now they seem not always to make sense to me.

My setup: I tried the version 1.50 from the now archived LL site, I updated my PapyrusUtil to the current version 3.1 and started my test.

So far everything works fine, I tested a little bit around while playing in whiterun.

I found that some saves (3 of 6)  that I made in my test can not be loaded anymore and lead to a CTD during the loading.

CTD  happen with these saves always in the following manner: I load the game, I wait through the load screen, the current cell becomes visible, some mods report their usual chatter in the top left and before everything is finished I have the CTD.

All affected saves load without problems when I unselect DDe from my load order and become affected again when I reselect them for my load order.

CTDs make no difference if I load from a running game or if I start skyim and load the save from the main menu.

I still have no insight if there might be some side issues with other mods, I guess I will test a little bit further.

I just wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

This is actually a very common problem with this game. Some mods require time to initialize, but there may be too many active targets for them to do so. This causes loading to fail and game will crash to desktop.

Loading the game from stable save, where there are little actors around - like LAL prison - allows player to load the problematic save, play, load and save normally trough the whole session. Unless something is wrong, this problem may not be related to DD Equip at all, but it may contribute to it. I have not really checked under to hood to see what it is doing, so I can't say for certain.

If these crashes keep happening constantly, including calmer cells, then the load order has too many mods making too many checks around them.

I tried to load from the ctest cell .. which usually works around those loading issues for me.

In this case even that did not work for my affected saves.

But if I remember right all those saves had indeed more than 5 and possibly even more than 8-10 actors around .. that might be a hint...

Interesting, a log with logging enabled in the DDe MCM would be helpful.

And yes DDe is loading the whole DD library 2 sec. after game load, that could be a problem for older computers, I could make that 6 sec.
Do you see "DDe -:- Ready" in the top left before the CTD?

Wait, you have DDe 1.50, how is that possible, the highest version posted is 1.20, no?

I had downloaded  the version that is now available under http://archive.loverslab.com/files/file/2435-devious-devices-equip/

Can't remember the exact date, but it was short before the rollback was announced. :angel:

Interesting, a log with logging enabled in the DDe MCM would be helpful.

And yes DDe is loading the whole DD library 2 sec. after game load, that could be a problem for older computers, I could make that 6 sec.

Do you see "DDe -:- Ready" in the top left before the CTD?

In the affected saves there is no "DDe...." message, only in the ones that were loadable.

I have not tried a stopwatch yet but from my feeling the CTD is somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds after I can see the scenery.

PS: and yes my game computer is 2012 vintage and was bought for office duties at that time ;) I heard this is considered as "old and rusty" :blush:

3 things

1:love the mod make it so much easier to get the devices.

2:i like the blue effect you have on the devices i you could let me know how you did that it would be great 

3:how did you get it so that you have a harness and belt equipped at the same time, i have tried it with every combination i could think off (including slave harness) even the item from DDX and deviously cursed loot. if any one knows how to do this could they let me know thanks 

cant wait to see what you do in the future hopefully some dialog choices. 

could be good for inns the inn keeper offers you a free room for the night but theres a catch you spend the night tied up the inn keeper takes you to the room and you black out to come to tied up then the inn keeper says ill be back in the morning to check  on you

maybe a bet in the inn where the inn keeper says i bet you cant get free if tied up if the player gets free some gold could be given as a reward

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... good point I will remove key um ... removal when not in HC mode.

EDIT

Wait, I've looked and keys should only be removed when you have HC mode enabled. If you're referring to self-bondage session that is by design.  

So I have an issue where if I try to get the mod to put a pre-created outfit, it just strips the PC and does nothing else. It says it takes keys and other stuff away, but I haven't really checked. I have another problem wherein if I try to go through the device library, the menu has text being displayed behind each option, and none of the seubmenus are populated with any options. 

Hey there.

Cool mod - I like it.

But how do I save custom outfits? There is this stept to step description, but I can'f find any button for saving the outfit I created.

Here is a more detailed description on how to save custom outfits.
See screenies below each step.

1.  Choose who you want to work on.  

post-391319-0-83922700-1451672436_thumb.png

2.  Go in DDe MCM 'Devices Library' and choose the devices you want to be in your outfit.      

post-391319-0-47553700-1451672459_thumb.png

3.  Go to 'Custom Outfits' page, and select 'Custom Outfit No. 1' by clicking on it.

post-391319-0-65737300-1451672464_thumb.png

4.  Enter a name for your custom outfit i.e. My Metal Outfit, since the outfit I made contains mostly metal devices.

post-391319-0-06398400-1451672470_thumb.png

5.  Hit 'Accept' and your new outfit should show up in the list.

post-391319-0-49815000-1451672475_thumb.png

6.  Now go to 'Device Interaction' page,   

post-391319-0-07580200-1451676652_thumb.png

7.  Click on 'Load Custom Outfit',

8.  Next choose your outfit from the list there,

post-391319-0-81485300-1451676656_thumb.png

9.  After that the chosen outfit will show up under 'Load Outfit' heading.

10. Next, hit 'Equip Outfit' under the 'Manipulate Outfit' heading,

post-391319-0-82502500-1451676662_thumb.png

There all bound and helpless. :P

Oh goodie, wood devious devices. We can use these as 'bug bait'.

Are there termites in Skyrim?

Shut up, you!

... termites in Skyrim :rolleyes:

So I have an issue where if I try to get the mod to put a pre-created outfit, it just strips the PC and does nothing else. It says it takes keys and other stuff away, but I haven't really checked. I have another problem wherein if I try to go through the device library, the menu has text being displayed behind each option, and none of the seubmenus are populated with any options. 

Need a log.