First Person Views During Sex

Vyxenne

I have only recently discovered mods that allow me to have first-person views in Skyrim. Both of these mods add greatly to the immersion factor in Skyrim.

I found two mods that enable decent first-person views:

Skyrim Enhanced Camera and Immersive First Person View.

Both are SKSE plugins without esm/esp files, both are installable via NMM and both are configurable via installed text files.

Both mods provide satisfactory first-person views in most situations.  Both mods also show my hands making swimming motions in front of me, bright pink nails and all, when swimming in first person view, which is very cool.

However, IFPV has an annoying quirk- when I'm sneaking with my bow readied, the bow waves around in front of my face in a spastic fashion- kind of like windshield wipers that are snagging and skipping across a dry windshield. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm running Archery Gameplay Overhaul, and this may have something to do with the distracting waving bow using IFPV when sneaking. SEE EDIT BELOW!

For its part, Enhanced Camera does not show the annoying bow-waving in front of me as I sneak, but what it does do is change my hand and arm positions from what they look like in 3rd-person view. For example, Archery Gameplay Overhaul changes the way I carry my bow from vertical to a much more realistic horizontal carry. However, when I switch to First Person using Enhanced Camera, the view is suddenly changed to the "vanilla" vertical bow carry style even though that is not how I am actually carrying my bow. Similarly, Enhanced Camera's first-person view shows me dual-wielding daggers straight out in front of me like two antlers on a mountain goat, while the actual carry position is vastly different in 3rd-person views.

So because Immersive First Person View accurately reflects my weapon-carrying style and boob-viewing eyepoint in its first-person views, I much prefer it despite the waving bow anomaly.

Now to the final litmus test: how does each of these mods handle first person views during sex animations? The answer is, with one glaring exception, they both do just fine. While lying on my back getting blissfully drilled, I can look down at the comings and goings of his schlong. While being treated to heavenly cunnilingus, I can look down at the top of her head as she brings me to ecstasy. While enthusiastically riding a guy so that his love lance goes deeper than usual into me, I can watch the Rise and Fall of Mount Venus. Again, the only difference between these two mods in these situations is that Enhanced Camera's eyepoint is just a little too far "above" my chest level. Other than that, which might even be configurable in EC's INI file, the two mods are pretty much the same.

Missionary Sex- IFPV :heart:

post-378788-0-29791000-1445981894_thumb.jpg

Cowgirl Sex- IFPV :heart:

post-378788-0-44128800-1445981903_thumb.jpg

HOWEVER... Enhanced Camera suffers from one fatal flaw during doggy-style sex. Rather than try to explain, here are some pictures showing the differences:

Doggy-Style Sex- IFPV :heart:

post-378788-0-17224400-1445976767_thumb.jpg

Doggy-Style Sex- IFPV with HDT Hair falling into view  :wub:

post-378788-0-49386700-1445976864_thumb.jpg

Doggy-Style Sex- Enhanced Camera :wacko: WTF?

post-378788-0-56770200-1445976810_thumb.jpg

I don't know why EC does this, and I've posted the question on EC's support forum, but without pictures (which I can't post on the Nexus, obviously) I doubt anyone will know what I'm talking about. However, this is a deal-breaker for me- I really enjoy watching myself getting drilled from all angles, and EC deprives me of one of the most erotic views.

So for us Sexaholics, I highly recommend Immersive First Person View as the only one fully compatible with SexLab animations.

If anyone knows how to cure IFPV's annoying bow-waving behavior, I would love to hear from you.

EDIT: Since posting this, I have learned that, unlike the other first person view mods, IFPV actually uses third-person view, but simulates first-person by placing the eyepoint at the player's eyeballs. IFPV shows my readied bow waving in front of my face when I'm sneaking because that's exactly what it's doing, as I have now verified for myself by reverting to 3rd-person view and watching it closely. I apologize for my misleading comment about it above.

Difference between the mods is that IFPV moves the camera in front of the face in 3rd person mode. While EC attaches the body without hands/head to the first person view. Basically IFPV is 3rd person so thats why some animations look less good while all look fine with EC. But then there's the clipping stuff that comes with EC.

Difference between the mods is that IFPV moves the camera in front of the face in 3rd person mode. While EC attaches the body without hands/head to the first person view. Basically IFPV is 3rd person so thats why some animations look less good while all look fine with EC. But then there's the clipping stuff that comes with EC.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation.

Please take a brief look at my video above, which clearly shows IFPV's "offset behind and to the right" eyepoint in 3rd person... I have not encountered any instance of IFPV "moving the camera in front of my face" in 3rd-person view. When does this happen to you?

The only IFPV animation I have found that looks "less good" is the one I described- sneaking with bow readied. What other animations have you noticed that look bad in IFPV?

And of course, I disagree that "all look fine with EC" as I explained above. EC's broken first-person view while having doggie-style sex is simply a deal-breaker for me. Of course, I have a lot of doggie-style sex :angel: so YMMV...

Please take a brief look at my video above, which clearly shows IFPV's "offset behind and to the right" eyepoint in 3rd person... I have not encountered any instance of IFPV "moving the camera in front of my face" in 3rd-person view. When does this happen to you?

The only IFPV animation I have found that looks "less good" is the one I described- sneaking with bow readied. What other animations have you noticed that look bad in IFPV?

And of course, I disagree that "all look fine with EC" as I explained above. EC's broken first-person view while having doggie-style sex is simply a deal-breaker for me. Of course, I have a lot of doggie-style sex :angel: so YMMV...

Well, sorry about that. A bit of bad wording there. What I mean with "moving" is that the first person view is technically 3rd person view when it comes to IFPV. The real first person view is disabled. All it does is, as you said, floats the camera in front of your characters face. The moving part is rather instantaneous when you press F :P EC is actually using the first person.

For the offset you can adjust it in SKSE/Plugins/FirstPersonCamera.txt to your liking. Among other things.

; Camera position offsets from eyes center in game units. If you are using beast race then scroll down for offsets.
!set fPositionOffsetHorizontal 0
!set fPositionOffsetVertical 0
!set fPositionOffsetDepth 3

Looking bad or good is ofc subjective. But what I actually meant was less functional in terms of gameplay. Especially the bow with certain animations. Sure IFPV is better for sexy stuff as the body is there without anything "cut off" but then again if you actually do combat in the game, then I much prefer EC over IFPV.

On 10/27/2015 at 4:34 PM, Tepi said:

On 10/27/2015 at 4:14 PM, Vyxenne said:

Well, sorry about that. A bit of bad wording there. What I mean with "moving" is that the first person view is technically 3rd person view when it comes to IFPV. The real first person view is disabled. All it does is, as you said, floats the camera in front of your characters face. The moving part is rather instantaneous when you press F :P EC is actually using the first person.

For the offset you can adjust it in SKSE/Plugins/FirstPersonCamera.txt to your liking. Among other things.

; Camera position offsets from eyes center in game units. If you are using beast race then scroll down for offsets.
!set fPositionOffsetHorizontal 0
!set fPositionOffsetVertical 0
!set fPositionOffsetDepth 3

Looking bad or good is ofc subjective. But what I actually meant was less functional in terms of gameplay. Especially the bow with certain animations. Sure IFPV is better for sexy stuff as the body is there without anything "cut off" but then again if you actually do combat in the game, then I much prefer EC over IFPV.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

I had already adjusted the eyepoint offset in both EC and IFPV, but I just liked the results better in IFPV. As you say, a subjective preference.

I do TONS of combat (in between sex marathons) in Skyrim, and haven't found anything not to like in either EC or IFPV during combat, or even any differences at all that would make me prefer one or the other, except for the bow waving around in front of my eyes with IFPV when I sneak in first person view- merely an annoyance and not even especially immersion-breaking.

That said, I prefer 3rd-person views for most melée combat (I use dual-daggers) because I can see my surroundings better so I don't get jumped from behind (which is fun at an Inn :classic_biggrin: but in a dungeon, not so much) as often happened to me when I tried to fight multiple baddies with daggers in first-person. Pretty much the only time I use first person in combat is for very long-range bow shots.

so here is the weird thing, i can totally see my boobs already and i do not use any of the first person enhancement cameras. from what i can tell all you really have to do is set the 1st person model to be the exact same model used for third person instead of some cheap one.

if not, then i have no idea, but truthfully i've been completely confused at why i can see myself without these mods for quite some time.

The odd camera position with EC (where the first person camera is facing the opposite direction of where your character is looking) is something I ran into with EC but found a makeshift way that will usually place the camera facing in the correct direction and let you go back and forth between first and third person.

Now this is only for EC, I don't know if this will work with other first person mods used with EC. Also, this doesn't work for animations that use objects. 

If the first person camera is facing opposite of where your character is looking during animations, simply roll the mouse wheel back one tick/notch (As long as your mouse wheel is used for zooming in and out).

For me, this moves the first person camera to face the same direction my character is looking, which is direction you want it to be facing.

To switch from first to third person, I hit the change POV key on the keyboard twice. (default is "F" I believe)

This should be normal third person with the camera focused on your character and you can rotate, free cam, and all fancy stuff, just like normal.

To switch back from third to first person, I hit the change POV key once (wait until the camera goes back into first person), then roll the mouse wheel back one tick/notch.

The camera should be in first person, and facing the correct direction (the direction your character is facing).

If the camera doesn't stay in first person when animations start, try changing the following line from "...=0" to "...=1"

bForceFirstPersonCamera=1

Sorry if this is common knowledge, figured I'd share it in case it's of any help.  

Hi! Thank you for your post.

Well, I'm having issues with both EC and IFPV... I must mention that I play a male character, so our perspectives are gonna be a little different.

I've found that IFPV is hugely superior to EC when I need to see EXACTLY what it is in front of my character's eyes. Let me illustrate what I am referring to with some screenshots...

After engaging in a hot 69 this is what I get with...:

Enhanced Camera:

x69ec.png

IFPV and IFPV_SexLabProfile:

x69ifpv.png

I don't know what you think but I clearly get flaccid at the first picture... :P

So EC is a clear no-no for me for SexLab integration.

Now... the really BIG problem with IFPV is that it simply doesn't work out of the box, and when I say 'work' I mean things so trivial like shooting well with your bow, picking up objects under the crosshair and dragging and lifting corpses. For all of those things you really are better off with Vanilla camera or Enhanced Camera.

I don't know if either of these mods could be fixed by some clever tinkering but I'm really at a loss there, so I end up switching to IFPV when I think I'm going to have a torrid sex orgy with my slaves, and switch back to EC when I left at home all those cum-drenched-wenches and go "adventuring" again (read "going to another slave fetching quest"...) :D

Now... there's another mod out there called The Joy of Perspective. I tried it for a while before installing SexLab, so I don't know if it's ok for that or not, but I had serious compatibility problems with it. Even the Nexus mod front page tells you to touch a lot of things manually (!) and that's another clear deal-breaker for me, as I don't want to depend on something apart from Mod Organizer. However... maybe I'll take a look at it again. Who knows... maybe it's the best of both worlds...

Well, that's my two cents.

• 3 months later...

The odd camera position with EC (where the first person camera is facing the opposite direction of where your character is looking) is something I ran into with EC but found a makeshift way that will usually place the camera facing in the correct direction and let you go back and forth between first and third person.

Now this is only for EC, I don't know if this will work with other first person mods used with EC. Also, this doesn't work for animations that use objects. 

If the first person camera is facing opposite of where your character is looking during animations, simply roll the mouse wheel back one tick/notch (As long as your mouse wheel is used for zooming in and out).

For me, this moves the first person camera to face the same direction my character is looking, which is direction you want it to be facing.

To switch from first to third person, I hit the change POV key on the keyboard twice. (default is "F" I believe)

This should be normal third person with the camera focused on your character and you can rotate, free cam, and all fancy stuff, just like normal.

To switch back from third to first person, I hit the change POV key once (wait until the camera goes back into first person), then roll the mouse wheel back one tick/notch.

The camera should be in first person, and facing the correct direction (the direction your character is facing).

If the camera doesn't stay in first person when animations start, try changing the following line from "...=0" to "...=1"

Sorry if this is common knowledge, figured I'd share it in case it's of any help.  

I appreciate this very much! Although the trick so far only works with one position. The rest of the positions stay backwards.

Thanks for the info. I changed the values in the ini file from 0 to 1 to force first person, but now when an animation starts, my entire system freezes, requiring a manual reboot.

For IFPV, make "!set iIgnoreWorldCollision"(Without quotes) to equal 1. It will prevent almost all models from 'disappearing', if you will, when they get to your screen making it a heap load more immersive. To give credit, with it equaling 0 it still does a great job at doing that, but now it will only cut away models when the camera physically goes past the model(More or less).

• 9 months later...

For IFPV, make "!set iIgnoreWorldCollision"(Without quotes) to equal 1. It will prevent almost all models from 'disappearing', if you will, when they get to your screen making it a heap load more immersive. To give credit, with it equaling 0 it still does a great job at doing that, but now it will only cut away models when the camera physically goes past the model(More or less).

Hey sorry can I ask a stupid question, to edit files such as IFPV what would I open the file with?

Hey sorry can I ask a stupid question, to edit files such as IFPV what would I open the file with?

Sorry for not responding sooner, if you haven't found out by now then the program most recommended to edit .ini or .txt files would be notepad++, otherwise just regular notepad will work.

• 5 weeks later...

Winny your reporting an old thread, check the date it was from last year..

Oh shit.  :lol:  :lol:  ;) I was wondering already why 12.840 views  :)

Firstly, thanks for reporting me rather than just dropping me a PM if you thought my post was in the wrong area. Most cordial.

Secondly, the name of this category is "Non Adult Mods." That doesn't mean that all content posted must be safe for children, it simply means that this is the place to discuss non-adult mods- such as, for example, Immersive First Person View and Skyrim-Enhanced Camera. It is a given that the vast majority of people who use this site have Sexlab Framework and other sex-related mods installed, so it's almost axiomatic that almost every thread here involves sex, either principally or peripherally. Accordingly, discussions and images of sex are to be expected anywhere on the site. Why would I want to 'hide' a discussion of Skyrim first-person camera mods in the inappropriate 'adult mods' section when they are clearly not adult mods at all?

Ashal is highly intelligent. If he had intended for this section of his website to be restricted to non-adult content only, I'm certain he's bright enough to have called the branch "Non Adult Content" or "Everything SFW" or whatever- but he didn't. The branch is "Non Adult Mods" and that's exactly what this thread is about.

Thirdly, the entirety of Lovers Lab is a sex-oriented adult site, even though not all of the actual content is NSFW. People viewing any page here (for the first time, at least) are warned that the site is adult-oriented and challenged to provide a date of birth which (presumably) is checked against today's date. At least, that was the case for me. My post here shows nothing more racy than nudity and consensual sex, while there are bestiality, BDSM, orgiastic sex, rape, prostitution, incest and other 'non-church-approved' mods and images on this site. So within the overall context of an 'adult' site, my post here is among the tamest threads on the site and (presumably) appropriate for anyone who can see it since they have already 'certified' that they are an adult.

Sorry for not responding sooner, if you haven't found out by now then the program most recommended to edit .ini or .txt files would be notepad++, otherwise just regular notepad will work.

If I could bother you as well, Is this this in the skyrim ini files or the mods ini files?  I couldn't find it in either :(

If I could bother you as well, Is this this in the skyrim ini files or the mods ini files?  I couldn't find it in either :(

It's in Skyrim/Data/SKSE/FirstPersonPlugin.ini

Archived