To anyone having an issue with saves crashing on load with SexLab...

I'd like to throw out a "me too" on this issue, and it's part of the reason I stopped playing Skyrim (the main reason being Fallout 4).  However, I did find a sort of a workaround ... the very first save made after starting a new game still loaded just fine, and quicksaves would load from in-game.  So I never made a traditional save, just played through on quicksaves.  When it was time to load up, I'd load the initial save, then quickload, and continue onward.  Since I had that workaround, and it was functional no matter how many hundreds of mods I threw on the pile, I never bothered looking for a solution.

I'd like to throw out a "me too" on this issue, and it's part of the reason I stopped playing Skyrim (the main reason being Fallout 4).  However, I did find a sort of a workaround ... the very first save made after starting a new game still loaded just fine, and quicksaves would load from in-game.  So I never made a traditional save, just played through on quicksaves.  When it was time to load up, I'd load the initial save, then quickload, and continue onward.  Since I had that workaround, and it was functional no matter how many hundreds of mods I threw on the pile, I never bothered looking for a solution.

The problem has been found, the fix is here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56084-crash-fixes/

With that fix installed, I can finally use the "Continue" default menu option on my heavily modded game. Before I could only get a few saves in until I had to load the first save (or use the COC command to go somewhere else) and then load the most recent save.

I'm also having this problem with the new Sexlab. I decided however to take a nuke to my mod list and start from the very beginning, testing mods the time-intensive way of enabling a single mod, starting Skyrim, and testing it. Then repeating the process.

I was able to get a stable build going without any Loverslab.com components. No Sexlab, no Devious components, nothing. Race compatibility, the Succubus Race, High-Def textures and SkyUI, all without a hitch. Everything works perfectly. I even got Live Another Live loaded without issues. And my acid test is the first level of Mzulft, which always CTD's on me every time I load it with the standard mod load. But each time, I COC to Mzulft, and it loads clean.

Then I install Sexlab.esm.

CTD.

There's something messed up in the Sexlab framework itself, and until it's addressed, Skyrim is essentially unplayable, considering the Sexlab files add what I consider to be highly desirable components to the game. Hopefully, this helps someone.

I'm also having this problem with the new Sexlab. I decided however to take a nuke to my mod list and start from the very beginning, testing mods the time-intensive way of enabling a single mod, starting Skyrim, and testing it. Then repeating the process.

I was able to get a stable build going without any Loverslab.com components. No Sexlab, no Devious components, nothing. Race compatibility, the Succubus Race, High-Def textures and SkyUI, all without a hitch. Everything works perfectly. I even got Live Another Live loaded without issues. And my acid test is the first level of Mzulft, which always CTD's on me every time I load it with the standard mod load. But each time, I COC to Mzulft, and it loads clean.

CTD.

There's something messed up in the Sexlab framework itself, and until it's addressed, Skyrim is essentially unplayable, considering the Sexlab files add what I consider to be highly desirable components to the game. Hopefully, this helps someone.

No, there is not something messed up in the Sexlab Framework (at least not the kind of mess up you are claiming). There are lots of people who have Sexlab installed who have no problem going to Mzulft and no CTD when they get there.

You have a problem with something else you've loaded or failed to load and I suspect if you took your game sans Sexlab as is and tried running you character through a few levels you would probably crash anyway.

If you haven't enabled the SKSE Memory fix, Safety Load, installed an ENB or ENBOOST (enable the memory management of ENB) and installed h38h2mf's memory fix then you haven't even got the basic fixes you should have yet.

CTD.

Can you include your load order?

The latest version of ENB (0.305) has a setting that fixes many CTD problems -- particularly those related to heavy load orders. If that doesn't help, you may be experiencing the string table overflow bug.

Just thought I would throw this out there, since the number of animations being registered may or may not be connected to CTDs when loading and it was pointed out that Fore says something to this effect on his nexus page for FNIS. On his other mod page for FNIS PCEA2 (which allows you to register different animations specifically for your character from a MCM), he mentions that PCEA2 will only support up to 537 animations to be registered this way because of, "system limitations." I don't know if anyone has counted how many animations can be registered to a single MCM (i.e. Sexlab) before save corruption occurs, or if there is any connection at all, but this sounded like it might be relevant information.

Just thought I would throw this out there, since the number of animations being registered may or may not be connected to CTDs when loading and it was pointed out that Fore says something to this effect on his nexus page for FNIS. On his other mod page for FNIS PCEA2 (which allows you to register different animations specifically for your character from a MCM), he mentions that PCEA2 will only support up to 537 animations to be registered this way because of, "system limitations." I don't know if anyone has counted how many animations can be registered to a single MCM (i.e. Sexlab) before save corruption occurs, or if there is any connection at all, but this sounded like it might be relevant information.

CTD when loading is something which (almost?) everyone experiences. It's just something randomly caused by Skyrim's buggy memory management, and probably influenced by numerous things. ONE of those things is the additional memory requirement induced by animations defined with FNIS. And there are probably many more things that influence this number, including having little physical memory and/or wrongly configuered memory and/or running browsers and other memory consuming programs in the background.

I'm not getting CTD on load very often myself (about every 10th time). But I have tested before and after the sheason/SKSE fix came out, and I can say that the likelihood of CTD has increased when generating like 7000 animations. Although this still wasn't a bad number. AFTER the SKSE fix came out.

This 537 animations is something different. Skyrim has a total of about 1600 different animation FILES for character. Out of these FNIS Alternate Animations (and therefore PCEA2) only support 537. Due to system limitations like Papyrus array size 128, or missing communication functionality between quests.

Thought it might be helpful to note that I was having some early game crashes with lots of mods installed, and was able to eliminate them by uninstalling about 10% of the script-heavy mods that I had.

It seems either that my system or the game itself was unable to process all the scripts that were running and every time I saved after enabling sexlab or registering the creature animations, I would get a CTD upon loading.

CTD.

No, there is not something messed up in the Sexlab Framework (at least not the kind of mess up you are claiming). There are lots of people who have Sexlab installed who have no problem going to Mzulft and no CTD when they get there.

You have a problem with something else you've loaded or failed to load and I suspect if you took your game sans Sexlab as is and tried running you character through a few levels you would probably crash anyway.

If you haven't enabled the SKSE Memory fix, Safety Load, installed an ENB or ENBOOST (enable the memory management of ENB) and installed h38h2mf's memory fix then you haven't even got the basic fixes you should have yet.

Posts like this with arbitararily dismiss someone's comment seriously torque me. I also don't like having to spend the next three hours writing every single itty-bitty step I took just to justify my position. But fine. If that's really what you want, let's do this.

First.

Skyrim. No mods. No SKSE. No enhancements. Nothing. Plain, vanilla, right ouft of the box Skyrim. Downloaded and reverified.

Works fine.

Next. ENBoost. No graphics tweaks, just the minimum for the better memory handling.

Works fine.

Next. SKSE memory fix, SKSE.ini file added to folder, as specified in the Nexus page.

Works fine.

Next. Memory fix.

Works fine.

Next. Add the DLC's. No other mods, no fixes or improvements of any kind.

Works fine.

Next. Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch.

Works fine.

Next. Alternate Start - Live Another Life.

Works fine.

Next. SkyUI.

Works fine.

Next. RaceMenu, and ShowRaceMenuAlternative.

Works fine.

Next. Succubus Race.

Works fine.

Next. Sexlab.esm

Crash to Desktop.

Remove Sexlab.esm

Works fine.

Reload Sexlab.esm

Crash to Desktop.

Currently, that's my load order. I started a brand new game with only the mods shown above. It works fine until I try to run Sexlab. I got it to run as far as the Statue of Mara in LAL once, but when I tried to reload the game, it CTD'ed trying to load the game - typical corrupt savefile behavior.

CTD.

Posts like this with arbitararily dismiss someone's comment seriously torque me. I also don't like having to spend the next three hours writing every single itty-bitty step I took just to justify my position. But fine. If that's really what you want, let's do this.

First.

Skyrim. No mods. No SKSE. No enhancements. Nothing. Plain, vanilla, right ouft of the box Skyrim. Downloaded and reverified.

Works fine.

Next. ENBoost. No graphics tweaks, just the minimum for the better memory handling.

Works fine.

Next. SKSE memory fix, SKSE.ini file added to folder, as specified in the Nexus page.

Works fine.

Next. Memory fix.

Works fine.

Next. Add the DLC's. No other mods, no fixes or improvements of any kind.

Works fine.

Next. Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch.

Works fine.

Next. Alternate Start - Live Another Life.

Works fine.

Next. SkyUI.

Works fine.

Next. RaceMenu, and ShowRaceMenuAlternative.

Works fine.

Next. Succubus Race.

Works fine.

Next. Sexlab.esm

Crash to Desktop.

Remove Sexlab.esm

Works fine.

Reload Sexlab.esm

Crash to Desktop.

Currently, that's my load order. I started a brand new game with only the mods shown above. It works fine until I try to run Sexlab. I got it to run as far as the Statue of Mara in LAL once, but when I tried to reload the game, it CTD'ed trying to load the game - typical corrupt savefile behavior.

If I were dismissing your post I wouldn't have bothered to reply or would have simply told you off for your post which claims a problem but doesn't document it but that would have been rude and I DO UNDERSTAND frustration which I can sense you are feeling which is understandable because there is a huge amount of really fun content here which you are unable to enjoy because you've got this problem right getting this fundamental mod the rest require to work.

I didn't see FNIS in the details you just provided, that is required in order to get animations added to the game so mods like the Sexlab Framework can play them. Did you miss that or just not list it (yes, it is tedious detailing what you have done but it IS useful information).

Firstly, sorry for losing my temper like that. If you hadn't replied already, I was about to truncate that post. It just really steams me when someone appears to treat a problem you're having as if it's not worth talking about.

Anyway, I have a shortcut to the FNIS generator in my Skyrim program folder, and run it every time I do stuff like this. Although I didn't mention it in my post, I also "coc mzulft01" every time, to see if it would load the zone. Usually, that's when it CTD's.

I'm currently doing another New start, with just the mimumum running. The problem is that because the save file is compiled immediately, and a lot of it is created from what is enabled at the time, disabling or enabling things after the initial creation can have unpredictable results. For instance, I have *one* build tonight where I was able to enable Sexlab.esm and not CTD on moving to Mzulft, but that was only after not enabling the Legendary unofficial patch, then enabling it after the file was saved. And I have no clue if that was a determining factor or not.

Firstly, sorry for losing my temper like that. If you hadn't replied already, I was about to truncate that post. It just really steams me when someone appears to treat a problem you're having as if it's not worth talking about.

Anyway, I have a shortcut to the FNIS generator in my Skyrim program folder, and run it every time I do stuff like this. Although I didn't mention it in my post, I also "coc mzulft01" every time, to see if it would load the zone. Usually, that's when it CTD's.

I'm currently doing another New start, with just the mimumum running. The problem is that because the save file is compiled immediately, and a lot of it is created from what is enabled at the time, disabling or enabling things after the initial creation can have unpredictable results. For instance, I have *one* build tonight where I was able to enable Sexlab.esm and not CTD on moving to Mzulft, but that was only after not enabling the Legendary unofficial patch, then enabling it after the file was saved. And I have no clue if that was a determining factor or not.

So can you list your full load order? That would really help for spotting something that is causing problems.

So can you list your full load order? That would really help for spotting something that is causing problems.

I'll have to figure out what my load order is right now. I've nuked the load order down to basics a half-dozen times now. I keep trying to build up a load that works, then when I think I'm maybe at something stable, I start to make a character, and it CTD's. I've had it CTD on highly restricted mod loads, and then after restarting Steam, it works. Then it bombs later. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It appears to be so random that the chance of CTD is about as predictable as a coin flip. I'm so angry at the game, I'm about ready to strip it off the hard drive and call it a bad investment.

This is what's currently loaded. As of a few minutes ago, I got it to make a character, selected "necromancer" from LAL, and got put in the underground dwarven ruin with all those giant glowy mushrooms. That loaded when I stepped outside. I also "coc mzulft01" and it loaded as well. None of the sexlab files are currently loaded, no devious device files or other sexual content. Basically, everything but the sexlab/devious devices content.

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
06  Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm
07  JSwords.esm  [Version 14.0]
08  STL-TARDIS-Regenerated.esm
09  AOM.esm
0A  MagicDuelReborn.esm
0B  OblHairs02.esm
0C  RaceCompatibility.esm  [Version 1.60a]
0D  hdtHighHeel.esm
0E  ApachiiHair.esm
0F  NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
10  NewVampChainsGloves.esp
11  LC_BecomeJarlofIvarstead.esp
12  ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
13  AOM.esp
14  UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
15  lilithstools.esp
16  JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp  [Version 14.0]
17  Perk Scaling V1.6.esp
18  Better Blacksmithing.esp
19  Better Vampires.esp
1A  Darklilith.esp
1B  Mara's_Tool.esp
1C  P1FlyingRing.esp
1D  SummonVampireCattle.esp
1E  Forsworn Children.esp
1F  Bandit Children.esp
20  Better Summoning Visuals - TheGreyLight.esp
21  ChargeOrFill.esp
22  CraftableClothes.esp
23  DeadlyDragons.esp
24  DeadlyMonsters.esp
25  Marriable Serana.esp  [Version 1.5.5]
26  UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
27  Elven Archer Armor.esp
28  FNIS.esp
29  Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
2A  LFox Blacksmiths Have Metals.esp
2B  MagicDuelReborn - Shouts.esp
2C  Nocturnal outfit.esp
2D  SkyUI.esp
2E  RaceMenu.esp
2F  RealisticNights-RLOweatherspatch.esp
30  RealisticNights+DB+DG.esp
31  ReallyPaleSkin.esp
32  LiFE.esp
33  ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
34  marvelmod.esp
35  Colorful_Magic.esp
36  DwarvenSniperBow.esp
37  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.5]
38  Light Elven Armor.esp
39  Vampire Sight no blur.esp
3A  FNISspells.esp
3B  PowerOfTheGods.esp
3C  Candlespell.esp
3D  RealisticNights torches magic lights.esp
3E  Shrine of Azura LOD Fix.esp
3F  ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
40  StalkerEquipmentBeta.esp
41  GandalfLightstaff.esp
42  Realistic Nights NightEyePredatorVision.esp
43  LADL - No Starting Spells.esp
44  Silverlight Armor.esp
45  RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
46  TaliArmor.esp
47  Undead Healing Spells for Dawnguard.esp
48  Essential Followers V0-7.esp
49  SuccubusRaceLite.esp
4A  RaceMenuPlugin.esp
4B  Serana Test.esp
4C  Marriable Serana HF.esp  [Version 1.6.2]
4D  BVFE_Serana.esp
4E  BecomeAVampire.esp
4F  Dimensional House.esp
50  Vidani's Bag of Holding.esp
51  TheAvengersHawkeyeArrowWepMod.esp
52  Shaydows VampireLord Replacer OVERHAUL.esp
53  Fang.esp
54  Scindo.esp
55  lilithsLacerator.esp
56  Armored Circlets.esp
57  Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
58  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 3.1.2]

Hi Guys,

(before reading this spam, try to disable PSQ Succubus Quest, Captured Dreams Shop and Frostfall mods and check if the problem with corrupted saves still persists, if yes please continue reading...)

I had the same problem after activating creature anims in sexlab and loading the saved game, the game crashed. Also my savetool crashed while trying to load the save there. The problem was also occuring when i tried to activate all SL Anim pack animations (probably due to some creature anims included). I have been modding and playing skyrim for years now and I could always fix any problem i encountered no matter the issue except this. After several months having this issue I raged and decided to fix this problem once and for all....and after 2 days spent i managed to get everything working again (I'm using Sexlab 1.61b now btw).

So here is what i did:

I opened my nexus mod manager typed in the search window "sexlab" and disabled all mods with sexlab content in it. Because I had some older sexlab mods from previous versions of the game (had to rebuild skyrim from scratch few times already) in the esp list which weren't listed in my mod overview I also disabled all esp files with sexlab dependencies in it. At last I also disabled some really old and obsolette mods as well which I thought I won't use anymore (those mods weren't sexlab related but this was good opportunity to do so).

Then I started skyrim and after few CTDs on game start and disabling some more mods to prevent this my game finally started. I created new game and waited till all remaining active mods loaded (please note that NO Sexlab related mod was present at that point).

Everytime I saved this new game I alt tabed to windows and checked if savetool loads this new save without crash (kinda good to quickly check the save).

Savetool din't crash and loaded the save without any issues.

Next step I did was that I activated Sexlab 1.61b and ALL its requirements via nexus manager, started the game, installed sexlab (even through Sexlab fire integrity error message) and activated creature animations, nothing more. Please note that even through the file integrity error message from sexlab I had all requirements installed with "ok" message to proceed.

Afterwards I slowly started to reactivate and reinstall all sexlab mods I previously used with the exception of lovers comfort and lovers victim as they were outdated anyway. I'm not using captured dreams shop though. After every few installed and as far as possible updated sexlab mods i started the game and made a new save followed by savetool check. When the save loaded in savetool i continued to activate all other mods.

Please note that during this process i haven't used LOOT to fix the load order, I haven't fixed any scripts etc. in savetool. I was just activating my mods one by one and kept Nexus mod manager open while working on it (no need to close it, start the game to check if everything works and reopen it again to continue, you can keep nexus mod manager open all the time unless you want to update your load order via LOOT or BOSS) and I used Generate FNIS for Users tool only when necessary.

Ocassionaly I had few messages like untested version of sexlab during prison overhaul installation in game or some devious devices messages like older version or sexlab aroused is outdated. etc. etc. but after reenabling all my mods and updating the rest of them to the newest version those messages dissapeared eventually.

(You see I haven't payed attention to some load orders or other things and just kept reenabling and reinstalling mods and testing if game crashes on load every once in a while.)

At the end after few mod reinstalls like FNIS, PCEA,xp32 skeletons SOS and sexlab + SL anims I started the game and configured/activated all the mods via MCM...but really AT THE END as a last step.

Then I saved and loaded the game again (also tested the save in savetool) and the game didn't crash anymore.

So the last thing i have done was to use LOOT to fix the load order and generated FNIS for users. I also managed to reduce my active mods from 255 to 250 without loosing any of the important mods from previous playthroughs.

The only glitch I encountered at the end was a T-Pose bug for all other npcs in the game except my PC. It was simply caused by CustomRaces.esp placed to high in the load order. When I moved it and other custom race esps to the bottom of my load order the T-Pose bug was gone.

Excuse me for this spam but this is my solution to the problem I had and for me it worked. Like I said it took me 2 days to fix it but it was totally worth it after so many months of pain and frustration. Also don't be afraid that you will fuck up your skyrim while following my instructions because if you have this issue your game is already fucked up anyway so you have nothing else to lose ;)

If you guys want I will post my load order for you so you know which mods I'm currently using or even some screens from game if you still don't believe.

Anyway I wish you good luck and some patience while fixing your game! :D

• 11 months later...

Getting the same issue, CTD on load.

After a helluva lot of enabling and disabling, it appears to be related to creature animations. If I do not enable creature animations in SexLab, things are fine. Enable them and its CTD-on-load. Furthermroe, if I do not enable creature animations in SexLab, but load creature animations in SLAnimLoader, I CTD on load. Leaving all creature animations unloaded and things run fine.

I do have PSQ and Captured Dreams, MNC but not Immersive Creatures.

Load Order using LOOT (don't know how to do the Spoiler thing):

loadorder.txt

Archived