To anyone having an issue with saves crashing on load with SexLab...

well, from my experience with my far from being great pc and trying to find mods i like to work correctly on my limited CPU...

you have to indeed choose what you trully want in your game. the more powerful the computer, the more scripts it will be able to run. but even that has a limit.

so, to have a more or less stable modded game, you should start by adding only the mods you truly want, one at a time, see if it works (and by that you have to play the game at least a few hours and test the mods), and if it works, add another.

its a long and frustrating process, but in my opinion its the only way to get a stable game.

using this method, while using MO, TES5Edit, LOOT, and sometimes savecleaner, i've been able to have 200 mods running on my computer. and its something of a miracle lol

• 1 month later...

I've experienced this issue, but it seems related to the number of registered animations. Activating Defeat in the MCM (which installs animations), registering NSAP or SLAL's animations, enabling creature animations in the sexlab MCM, all *sometimes* cause saves to become corrupted. On the other hand, the Dyndolod esp does it EVERY time.

Wish there was a way to find out more about this issue, and figure out exactly what triggers it.

I've experienced this issue, but it seems related to the number of registered animations. Activating Defeat in the MCM (which installs animations), registering NSAP or SLAL's animations, enabling creature animations in the sexlab MCM, all *sometimes* cause saves to become corrupted. On the other hand, the Dyndolod esp does it EVERY time.

Wish there was a way to find out more about this issue, and figure out exactly what triggers it.

I belive you are on good trace. When i install lots of animations my game wont load as well. Workaround for me is to load very early save (or new game) and then after that any save can load.

I belive you are on good trace. When i install lots of animations my game wont load as well. Workaround for me is to load very early save (or new game) and then after that any save can load.

I've kept saves alive that way, but the corruption I'm talking about is the hardcore unrecoverable kind -- where SaveTool crashes if it tries to read the save, and Script Scalpel freezes up. These savegames are ruined.

I randomly get a save that wont load unless I go into 'coc qasmoke' first.  The funny thing is, often the very next save I make is fine.  I have all auto-save options disabled so I only make manual ones (and no quick saves).  I also randomly get a CTD with no error when I fast travel or go through a loadscreen door.

I've tried using the SaveTool and it never has anything to clean except havoc (which is just objects that got moved).  PDT tool sometimes has Active Threads it terminates but I cant tell for sure if that helps. 

I used a skyrim performance monitor and papyrus memory log and determined I am no where near having PC related issues. ( low CPU usage, less than 1/3 RAM usage, about 1/2 Vram usage etc)

I have the same Issues, but only if i run Sexlab Defeat before saving the game.

I can still load the (buggy) Savegames but just when i load another (clean or nonbuggy) save before. Then after it's loaded or after i started a new game, i open the Menu and load my (CTD savegame) and it works.

This is what I have to do a little too often but I can't say that I've run Defeat and save it while its actively running.

Autosaves seem to suffer from corruption much more often then normal saves.

These problems, generally speaking, all stem from having too many mods -- scripted or otherwise. Heavily scripted mods make the problem much worse (and it's not the number of scripts, it's how often they run).

However...

It's frustrating the the Sexlab devs just dismiss people's issues as "too many mods"; a setup that is completely stable will fail completely just by adding Sexlab and enabling creature animations. Too many mods is a problem, but Sexlab does something that makes that problem a hundred times worse. Sexlab isn't just the straw that broke the camel's back; it's an entire camping trailer loaded onto the back of that poor damn camel.

And yet we can't live without it. It's just such a great addition to the game! I really hope the devs manage to find some optimizations or bugs to fix. :-)

Until Ashal is given something that allows him to duplicate the issues people are having or see any errors from a log it is impossible to fix them, it would all just be guessing as to what the problem is.

Most mods that use SexLab won't have an issue between the update from 1.59 and 1.61 as a lot of the commands used to do things with it are unchanged, only mods that use advanced features may have an issue.

I have not had an issue with 1.61b even with 253 ems/esp's (45 with MCM menu's) and using animal animations as well as added enimations from other mods (Non-SexLab animations and a few others). I do have to load a base save (just after character creation in LAL) but I can load any save after that and have that issue for a long time.

Until Ashal is given something that allows him to duplicate the issues people are having or see any errors from a log it is impossible to fix them, it would all just be guessing as to what the problem is.

I suppose that's the problem right there. These problems occur with lots of mods installed, which makes them very hard to replicate.

One thing I can say for sure though is that the save-corruption issue doesn't leave any trace in the log files. And if you open the corrupted saves in script scalpel, it tells you that there are BILLIONS of script instances, right before it freezes up.

I suppose that's the problem right there. These problems occur with lots of mods installed, which makes them very hard to replicate.

One thing I can say for sure though is that the save-corruption issue doesn't leave any trace in the log files. And if you open the corrupted saves in script scalpel, it tells you that there are BILLIONS of script instances, right before it freezes up.

The issue may be with the other mods and not SexLab, Have you examined any of your papyrus logs for errors? If SexLab was having issues it would show something there.

Yes, there's nothing unusual; just the typical Creature Framework spam and papyrus complaining about properties that not longer exist.

Sexlab is definitely part of the problem; saves will immediately start corrupting after activating Creature Animations. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's an interaction between Sexlab and something else.

I have no idea what the cause of your issue would be. I am using the creature animations along with an older version of Creature Framework (nearly a year old) with no issues now after I reduced the time between scans or it made the game unstable. I also have about 10 other SexLab mods not counting all the DD mods I have installed.

Usually saves not loading and having to load a older save before the newer save can be loaded is a memory problem. For example, I use to have to load up a save in a cell with little to no NPCs, prior to loading another save in the middle of Solitude. 

Since upgrading my GPU I haven't had this problem occur. 

The problem with what I have read so far on this thread is that some of you may be experiencing this, while the other half of you might very well be experiencing a compatibility issue that I have not heard of previously. 

I am currently running the latest version and have had no problems with regards to save files.

Now with regards to the "incompatibility", if all of you were to post your load orders and we can find a common mod, perhaps then we can tell whether or not there really is one.

One person mentioned Immersive Citizens, to which I also have in my load order but I have had no troubles loading save games. 

Compatibility can definitely be a culprit -- especially when LOOT is involved.

I've been rebuilding my load order from scratch. Rather than letting LOOT sort it, I've been sorting it myself using common sense and reading the README files. It's going very well so far.

LOOT has trouble with certain mods -- like Immersive Citizens. It also fails to correctly sort the NudeCreatures/Aroused Creatures/Creature Framework stack. I feel like some people's problems might be due reliance on LOOT to sort their mods.

Thinking back to my previous save that was at 150 hours, I sorted everything by hand. I didn't start having these troubles until I started using LOOT.

I confess, I don't use Loot. 

I tend to look into the ESP, look into the files and determine where it should sit. 

I have been very careful in mod selection and have done so over the last 2-3 years by learning bit from and there. 

I make patches for myself and merge esps where I deem it safe. 

I've been continuing to work on my load order. I've noticed that there seems to be a limit on mods with an MCM; once that limit is exceeded, registering animations in Sexlab can trigger the issue where all savegames are corrupted (and cause SaveTool to crash). But it seems there's no problem adding more mods that don't have an MCM.

I've been continuing to work on my load order. I've noticed that there seems to be a limit on mods with an MCM; once that limit is exceeded, registering animations in Sexlab can trigger the issue where all savegames are corrupted (and cause SaveTool to crash). But it seems there's no problem adding more mods that don't have an MCM.

interesting, i don't know how SkyUI keep track exactly of all the MCM menus, and i don't have the time (already have a mod i'm working on, and a little patch for another so i have my hands full), but it might be good to look into it to see if that "limit" can be dealt with in any way

It might also explain why this issues is triggered by enabling creature animations or registering SLAL's animations -- some of the Sexlab MCM pages are changed whenever animations are registered or unregistered.

Huh, I'll try disabling SLAL and the packs to see if that helps then. :7 It is kidna strange since the only thing i installed since i I started getting CTD on load is some animation packs and mods I already tried uninstalling to no avail.

EDIT: It really just might be what others said before, that registering a shit ton of animations can corrupt stuff. Time to debug! xD

Huh, I'll try disabling SLAL and the packs to see if that helps then. :7 It is kidna strange since the only thing i installed since i I started getting CTD on load is some animation packs and mods I already tried uninstalling to no avail.

EDIT: It really just might be what others said before, that registering a shit ton of animations can corrupt stuff. Time to debug! xD

Hope it works. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to discover this post. I've noticed a lot of the same issues regarding ACTUAL corrupt saves. First, I should mention that I have a TON of mods and they've added about 75 MCMs. I first discovered the problem (luckily) on new characters after enabling SL. I would be able to enable it and re-register all the animations for the other mods, but once I saved my game it was done for. I thought it to be Deviously cursed loot, because just enabling SexLab would cause my saves to crash. I removed it and noticed that I was able to enable SL but then once I enabled the Creature Framework, I started having corrupt saves. I can't seem to win. I thought it might be helpful to share my load order with you all:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
hdtHighHeel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Heels Sound.esm
Campfire.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Inn Girls Resources.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Gray Fox Cowl.esm
WM Flora Fixes.esp
notice board.esp
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
RelightingSkyrim-NoScripts.esp
iHUD.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
ViewableFactionRanksBothDLC.esp
Footprints.esp
Moss Rocks - Legendary.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
Elemental Staves.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
Soul Gems Differ.esp
BWS.esp
DragonShoutVoice.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
RelightingSkyrim_DB.esp
3DNPC.esp
RelightingSkyrim_DG.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Helsmyrr.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
OBIS.esp
NoAnimalsReportCrimes-DG+DB.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
hydra_slavegirls.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
hearthfireextended.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
Devious Devices - For the Masses II.esp
SexLab-Stories.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
Point The Way.esp
FarmhouseChimneys.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
AOS.esp
Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
IHSS.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp
NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp
FISS.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
ADS.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
Traps Make Noise.esp
WM Trap Fixes.esp
Dragonbone Marauder armor.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
BAMM.esp
hornsareforever.esp
Female Barbarian.esp
OBISDB.esp
CACO_RND_DestBottles_Patch.esp
CACO_RND_Patch.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
Oblivion Gates v3 - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp
Oblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp
smfArena1.8.esp
SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
TradeBarter.esp
WayshrinesIFT.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Cloaks.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
CFTO.esp
RelightingSkyrim_HF.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
DeadlyMutilation.esp
DeviousRegulations.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
NorthernCardinal.esp
RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp
SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
CWIRLSPatchNS.esp
BesEss.esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
Frostfall.esp
CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp
SofiaFollower.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp
FarmhouseChimneysFalskaar+Wyrmstooth.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
MilkModNEW.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
DD - FtM - OBIS patch.esp
FtM Cloaks CCO.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
NorthernCardinal_Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
NorthernCardinal_Wyrmstooth.esp
WayshrinesMerge.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
PaladinArtifactsAndArmor.esp
iNeed.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
PetCollar.esp
Dragonbone Marauder armor Addon.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch-No Imp.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch-No ImpGuards.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch-NoGuards.esp
DragonboneBarbarianArmor.esp
wizDynamicThings.esp
CrimsonTwilightArmor.esp
CrimeDecay.esp
AchieveThat.esp
AgehaArmor.esp
WayshrinesIFTFalskaar.esp
WayshrinesIFTGrayCowl.esp
WayshrinesIFTWyrmstooth.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
CACO_AlternateNames.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
CACOMerge.esp
ABT - Kevkas All-in-One.esp
DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp
Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp
BetterQuestObjectivesMerge.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AFTPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-MoonlightPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
TGLNordArmor.esp
Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
Argent Iron Armor.esp
Better Vampires.esp
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
VL No AoE Drain.esp
CraftableLinenWrap Reduced.esp
DandelionArmor.esp
LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
Ursine Armor Pack.esp
Tembtra Thief Armor.esp
Succubus Queen Attire.esp
OBISCloaks&IA7.esp
Milker Movil Armor.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
CACO_Bathing in Skyrim.esp
iNeed - Dangerous Diseases.esp
CACO_CoinReplacer_Patch.esp
CACO_Disparity_Patch.esp
CACO_ETaC_Patch.esp
Paralyze.esp
EstrusChaurus.esp
CACO_MightyMagick_Patch.esp
CACO_SkyrimImmersiveCreatures+DLC2_Patch.esp
CACO_SkyrimImmersiveCreatures_Patch.esp
CACO_UniqueBooze_Patch.esp
CACO_USKP_Patch.esp
CACO_USLEEP_Patch.esp
CACO_Wyrmstooth_Patch.esp
CACO_GrayCowl_Patch.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
ClamsDropPearls.esp
Aradia Snake Rogue.esp
SlaveTats.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
Draconic Bloodline.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
FNIS.esp
DD For Him - Captured Dreams patch.esp
BDIC.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
Aradia Devious Expansion.esp
Devious Devices - Gags+.esp
Masque of Clavicus Vile.esp
GagSFX.esp
GagSFXLegendary.esp
GagSFXDawnguard.esp
GagSFXDragonborn.esp
GagSFXHearthfires.esp
MilkModNEW HF.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchNEC.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
notice board - dragonborn patch.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Emfy Cleric Robes.esp
FunctionalBags.esp
PreventsAccidentPickUp.esp
Apocalypse - Dragonborn Staff Crafting.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp
EstrusSpider.esp
zzEstrus.esp
pchs_loansharks.esp
LootandDegradation.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
LostGrimoire.esp
STEP Combined PluginHF.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Immersive Wenches RRR & ICAO -patches-.esp
Immersive Citizens - CRF patch.esp
PatchMerge.esp
FarmhouseChimneysLAL+CRF.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
Rigmor.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Also someone mentioned LOOT possibly sorting improperly? I was wondering if you could share some of the rules you have defined that override the normal sorting rules? I know I have some of the mods that you guys mentioned. I also think I have that DynDOLOD mod too, and I don't seem to have crashes when using it, although I haven't explored the worldspace in this installation.

After poking around the framework thread I saw mention of getting the crashes on load after activating creature animations to stop after removing some mods with MCM menus, so I set to work trimming the fat from my load order. And just as it did for them, it fixed my issue - with 60 MCM mods I was able to get the load crashes to stop on a new game. I was able to get up to 63 MCM mods and still load, but number 64 crashed. Curiously, it seems not all MCM mods are created equal for this situation - dropping down to 63 by disabling SexlabUtil1, which was not the mod I had just activated, still resulted in a crash. Disabling one more was necessary to accommodate the mod I had activated.

Unfortunately, after activating and configuring all of my MCMs ingame, the crashing returned, and I've yet to find out how many mods I can handle with everything configured. Suggesting some kind of memory limit with MCM data, perhaps?

It sounds like the string table bug.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56588-corrupted-saves/

Archived