Neovinci's Morrigan Outfit for DMRA GUTS

View File

Not my first attempt at converting Oblivion armors or outfits, but this one took me an incredible amount of time (typical for beginners). The boots and the feathers came rather good in the Converter, but some details of the suit, particularly the heart decoration, required manual touch ups. The worst part was straightening the strips and the thong, in the end I rebuilt them from scratch and so there may be imperfections (not perfectly smooth surfaces, a barely noticeable seamline on the pants, texture overstretching).
I should have done it better perhaps, but in the end I think it's acceptable, and so I share it.

Vipcxj's RHH is required, but there is also a non RHH version of the boots.

This is a mesh replacer only. You'll need the original mod for the esp and the textures.

Download link:
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37677/?

Surprisingly, this file has followers... I guess I can try and make it a little better then. Thanks for the appreciation, I'll see what I can do.

The boots are clipping a little, I didn't notice until I saw bodysuit 3 and 4 in game (those without leggings). Should be easy to fix.

Another improvement is obtaining the leggings from a cutted fullbody, like the original (I used a slightly different tecnique). The new idea is that I can use Subdivide on certain areas of the mesh to obtain smoother cuts lines.

I wish I could make a better texture... since I'm not good at it, I guess it can't be helped (for now).

• 4 months later...

As you may have noticed, the rings look off place when worn.

This is part of a bigger problem: when the PC is wielding a weapon/torch or during h2h combat, the hands appear open, not closed as fists. I can't say whether the original armor had this same problem, I could try running mesh rigger over the hand mesh and see if it works. In that case, I will release an update. I appreciate any suggestion aimed to help me fix this.

Not sure maybe something got messed up somewhere. I know for fallout 3 I get a weird glitch if I take a vanilla pit slave outfit replace the body in it from vanilla to a better body. In game it looks fine till you try to equip a weapon then the arms stretch and get long like a orangutan which throws off aim and shooting. Then had to remove weapon and then switch through armors for a bit to get it to stop.

sorry I did not notice you were talking about a problem.

From your descriptions, it kind of sounds like the armor somehow lost, or got severely messed up with the finger weights. perhaps mesh rigger did that crap. Automated tools are never to be blindly trusted.

I'll see what I can see. uhh maybe tomorrow. Already turned off my desktop. Unless someone else figures it out more quickly that is

This is part of a bigger problem: when the PC is wielding a weapon/torch or during h2h combat, the hands appear open, not closed as fists. I can't say whether the original armor had this same problem, I could try running mesh rigger over the hand mesh and see if it works. In that case, I will release an update. I appreciate any suggestion aimed to help me fix this.

Missing the finger bone weighting.  Fixed mesh attached.

MorriganHand.nif

Greetings.

Merci gentil Samhain6 .... ;°)

Strange that i didn't saw this thread , or i don't remember, i suppose  " Quiet The Tail " already told me about it ... but  " j'étais probablement distraite lorsque j'ai lu son message ... " .

Anyway , thank you , i was waitng for the Movomo 's advice first, now i can download the mod .

Cheers.

PS : @ QuiteTheTail :

Désolée de ne voir ton mod que depuis la nuit passée, mais de la mi-octobre à la mi-novembre j'étais un peu " perturbée " et hors du web en tout cas ... nous avions parlez de la texture mais je ne crois pas que  m'aie dit que tu allais en faire un mod. Si ?

Peu importe, il a bel allure avec la texture de " TBSK " ... ;°)

Bises.

Missing the finger bone weighting.  Fixed mesh attached.

I love you! (but you probably already knew that...)

Thanks movomo and Annafly for the kind words. I'm not yet very good at modeling, I still have much to learn, but I am confident to improve my skills with time.

but  " j'étais probablement distraite lorsque j'ai lu son message ... "

Nothing new there... :P

.... ;°)  oui, " nothing knew there ..."   même ici je l'étais encore : " ... " but, j'étais probablement distraite lorsque j'ai lu son message ...."  ... j'aurais du écrire " ton message " !!!

... stupid i was ... i probably still am... a little bit ... i suppose that's the LL's " inluence " ... :°)

Bonne nuit. 

PS : oh non, that was correct " son " et non " ton ..." because i answered here to Samhain6 first , and not yet to you .