Candle Pond Gay

Guest ffabris
View File

Candle Pond Ranch - Gay

NOTE: I consider this mod completed. I have no plans to make further changes, other than fixing any bugs which may be reported.

This is a patch for Candle Pond Ranch, by gentester. Much smaller in scope than my Blackthorn patch.

What Is Different?

• NPCs are now all male. One is a potential follower and spouse.
  • Removed all mannequins and displays in the rear room, replacing them with simple deco.
  • Brief "welcome" quest to introduce you to the ranch caretakers.
  • On completion of the quest, you get two horses and a dog (husky) which you can "play" with [cough], and a normal player-owned horse (palomino)

Requirements

Recommended

Change Log

2016-01-03 - V1.2

• Removed nipple piercings and FloppySOS as requirements.
  • Fixed surnames by simply removing them ;)
  • No change to the book.

2015-10-24 - V1.1

• Added a SEQ file, which will hopefully help those with no dialog once they enter the house.

2015-10-19 - V1.0
Initial release

88x31.png NOTE: This mod is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. In other words, feel free to make changes to the mod in any way you like, and upload the changed version. You do not need to ask permission. If you do so, you must credit me, and your version must be free. Further, you also need to credit any other mods used as resources, including those used in my original. Your own creation must in turn be released under these same conditions.

Standard Disclaimer

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Nap was here. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant equipment or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty item only. Although robust enough for general use, adventures into the esoteric periphery may reveal unexpected quirks. Not available in stores. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.

This supersedes all previous notices.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/19/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    See description
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks! Not just for adding more male content to help fill the void, but also for pointing out the cool originals. Now using Blackthorne & Candle Pond originals with my female characters, and setting up your versions (along with the tweaked Isle Of Mara) for my male characters.

Much appreciated.

The master at work again :D I agree with vidiot, you always alert me to awesome originals as well.

But (here we go again) I am not a fan of floppySOS (more correctly its dependancies). So... could you also make a version which doesn't include floppySOS? *flutters lashes* please? *beaming smile*

Installed the mod and I did the welcome quest talk to the Stewart he welcome my PC to Candle Pond and then he had his way with her after that he went into the house and now can't get the quest to move a long all three of the are just standing around the house I try talking to them and just got the normal dialog Now what do I do ?  

Well, I have modded your modded mod of the original mod, so FloppySOS isn't needed anymore for me :D

I did notice something while I was modding your modded mod of the original mod. You have two gentlemen with a feminine suffix in their last name. The word -dottir or -dotter, means "daughter of" (just as -son means "son of"). Not at all a big deal though, I just wanted to show off my linguistic skills ;)

Installed the mod and I did the welcome quest talk to the Stewart he welcome my PC to Candle Pond and then he had his way with her after that he went into the house and now can't get the quest to move a long all three of the are just standing around the house I try talking to them and just got the normal dialog Now what do I do ?  

I had this problem as well. Load a previous save and wait for him to go inside. Then follow him indoors and talk to him.

ffabris... I am at a loss for words. What a stunning place Candle Pond is! And what clever scripting you did! My previous comments were made before I actually got to visit the place. After I tweaked it to get rid of the floppySOS dependency, I finally got to go look and wow... it is glorious. The men are hunky, the estate is gorgeous. And the pets and horses are very cleverly um... playful *cough* As much as I love Blackthorn, I think this is going to be my new favorite home. Thank you so much for waving your fairy wand over the place. I am sure the stickiness will wear away in time ;)

Guest ffabris

There is nothing beyond that, which is why I recommended SLEN for more fun. :)

Edit: Actually, what Vachnic said: save and reload if that happens. But beyond the welcome sex (with all 3 NPCs), that's all there is.

Well, I have modded your modded mod of the original mod, so FloppySOS isn't needed anymore for me :D

I did notice something while I was modding your modded mod of the original mod. You have two gentlemen with a feminine suffix in their last name. The word -dottir or -dotter, means "daughter of" (just as -son means "son of"). Not at all a big deal though, I just wanted to show off my linguistic skills ;)

Ha- thanks for that, I didn't know. Oh well, it can stay. ;)

ffabris... I am at a loss for words. What a stunning place Candle Pond is! And what clever scripting you did! My previous comments were made before I actually got to visit the place. After I tweaked it to get rid of the floppySOS dependency, I finally got to go look and wow... it is glorious. The men are hunky, the estate is gorgeous. And the pets and horses are very cleverly um... playful *cough* As much as I love Blackthorn, I think this is going to be my new favorite home. Thank you so much for waving your fairy wand over the place. I am sure the stickiness will wear away in time ;)

LOL!  Glad you like! I can't take credit for the place at all, however ... except for finding it on Nexus.

Actually, there was weeks of work behind this, most of which I threw away. I intended to create a quest with Talos, in a new worldspace. But I was spending 95% of the time fighting CK and its quirks and not doing much actual story writing. Finally, when a basic scene simply refused to even start, I gave up and ripped it all out.

Anyway, please endorse the original mod on Nexus, it is a superb build!

Hi! First of all I would like to thank you for your dedication in making male oriented mods! :shy:

Will there be nonfloppy version? Bouncing balls look nice but it doesn't work properly for me.

And I have got no support on the original floppySOS topic. So I don't use it.

Guest ffabris

Hi! First of all I would like to thank you for your dedication in making male oriented mods! :shy:

Will there be nonfloppy version? Bouncing balls look nice but it doesn't work properly for me.

And I have got no support on the original floppySOS topic. So I don't use it.

I don't plan on making a separate version for that, no - unless there is much demand.

But it is easy to rip the floppyness out. ;) Get TES5Edit, load my patch in it, then go into the Outfits section, and for each of the outfits, remove FloppyBalls. Then close TES5Edit, confirming when asked to save changes.

I noticed that some wardrobes in Candle Pond don't keep their contents, specifically the wardrobes in the master bedroom. When I stored some armors and clothes in them, I went outside, came back because I forgot one and opened it, they had the standard fine clothes again and all my armors were gone :-\

Did anyone else notice this or  am I special again?

A followup on the storage space on the top floor: NONE of the wardrobes are safe for storage. Apparently once you leave the house and come back in, the wardrobes are respawned and you WILL lose your items. As far a I could see, only the Jewelry box on the table in the master bedroom is safe (aka, didn't respawn). I will check the storage in the rest of the house to see if those wardrobes are unsafe as well.

Well OK, I have checked all the storage inside and outside of Candle Pond. None of the wardrobes, end tables and small wardrobe appear to be safe for storage. This excludes the Enchanting and Alchemy storage closets though. As far as I could tell, all the mentioned storage are set to respawn. And apparently the location respawns as soon as you set foot outside the building.

I checked with mfgconsole and the issue seems to come from the original Candle Pond mod (NOT this gay mod).

Of course it could entirely be caused by my setup (remember, Skyrim hates me with a passion), but just to be safe, please test if the wardrobes are safe in YOUR setup before placing valuable items in them. For example, take out the contents and place a flower (or something) in the wardrobe. Then go outside and walk around a bit. Then go back inside and check the wardrobe to see if the orginal items have respawned (usually Fine Clothing items) or if your flower (or other cheap and abundant item) is still present.

Another check to see if respawning happened is leaving internal doors open. When you return and the doors are closed again, the building has "respawned". Then check to see if your item is still in the wardrobe. If not, again, it is NOT safe to store your items in the wardrobes (noble and simple), end tables and small wardrobes!.

Guest ffabris

I'll have a look once I've caught up on reading. I'll take the opportunity to make the SEQ file, while at it.

Added: OK, I poked at it and can't find anything wrong. The wardrobes, etc are not set to respawn, so I dunno what's up. Anyone else have this issue?

Meantime, I made the SEQ file and uploaded that as 1.1. No need to update if you have no issues with the dialog.

The storage issue is being raised and discussed on the Nexus Mod site as well.

Thanks for telling me, Mylor. Unfortunately after reading the thread on Nexus, I wasn't able to find that discussion :-\ I did find talk about the food "containers" in the kitchen, but those work in my setup. It is "just" the wardrobes (Noble, common, small) and end tables that don't work for me. Could you tell me on which page it is discussed, please?

P.S. do you have problems with the storage as well?

I looked it over again and I didn't see it either except on page 9 when there was a brief mention the 3-day respawn relating to the mannequins. So maybe I just confused it with this thread. But everything on the Nexus pages are 2-3  years old so I would hope that they've been resolved already. I'm new to all of this modding so I read so much it starts to get blurry in my old brain.

I haven't installed or used this mod yet as I was reading as much as I could before doing the installation.

Thanks for checking again, Mylor. I did find that mention as well, but I found that the house respawns as soon as you leave the "cell", i.e. go to the giant's camp next door and come back.

However, I *think* I have found the problem... I did some more snooping with mfgconsole and the Creation Kit. The problems are not caused by either Candle Pond Ranch (the original mod) nor Candle Pond Gay (this patch). Instead it is caused by another mod I use called "Clothing & Clutter Fixes". For whatever reason, the creator of that mod has set all wardrobes, endtables, drawers and small wardrobes (both normal and noble) to respawn. From the mod-page: "Cupboards, Dressers, End Tables, and Wardrobes will now respawn.  Also, they now use custom leveled lists so that the items they contain will be more appropriate for the apparent class-ranking of the furniture, as well as the type of furniture (i.e. cupboards contain dining and food related items, dressers contain clothing, etc)."

In short this means that if you also use the mod "Clothing & Clutter Fixes", the mentioned furnitures are NOT safe to store your items in! If you don't use this mod, there should be no problem.

I have contacted the mod creator and asked for permission to post the adjusted esp-file here for others to use. If/ when I get this permission, I will post it. If not, I will post a "guide" how to change the settings to correct the respawning.

However, I *think* I have found the problem... I did some more snooping with mfgconsole and the Creation Kit. The problems are not caused by either Candle Pond Ranch (the original mod) nor Candle Pond Gay (this patch). Instead it is caused by another mod I use called "Clothing & Clutter Fixes". For whatever reason, the creator of that mod has set all wardrobes, endtables, drawers and small wardrobes (both normal and noble) to respawn. From the mod-page: "Cupboards, Dressers, End Tables, and Wardrobes will now respawn.  Also, they now use custom leveled lists so that the items they contain will be more appropriate for the apparent class-ranking of the furniture, as well as the type of furniture (i.e. cupboards contain dining and food related items, dressers contain clothing, etc)."

Thanks for this heads up Vachnic! I have that mod installed too. That would make them all unsafe storage. Yikes! I think I will deactivate that mod now because that would work in any house. I think I was certainly seeing results from this mod however when looting in dungeons, etc. -- more appropriate finds were in all the drawers I checked. So it is a working mod for me. But I wouldn't want it working in my houses.

If you figure out a fix, let us know please. I like the leveled and appropriate loot in dungeon drawers. B^) Just don't mess around in my house! :D

Well, Vachnic, after reading the description for Clothing & Clutter Fixes again, I won't deactivate it. I really do like that mod. But I will just not use any of those pieces of furniture for valuable storage. I can understand the respawn now since it will level up contents with the PC. So if you come up with a fix, definitely let us know about it please.

I had put some stolen septims in the end table in Lucas' room in Breezehome. I will have to check and see if they stay around. The last time I looked they were still there but I don't know if that time limit has transpired  yet. I think I'd been gone more than three days and I'd certainly been in and out several times since I put them in there. [i just didn't want stolen gold on my person in case I nabbed for something else and then lose all my gold, not just the 13 stolen septims. :angel: ]

Well, the "funny" thing is that the respawning ONLY happens with Candle Pond. In all my other player homes, this doesn't happen. I checked them when I found out. So I have no idea why it does happen with this specific house mod. Also, most house mods don't respawn the moment you leave the cell and come back. Those mods have a "NoRespawn" tag ( I think). Unfortunately I haven't been able to find in the Creation Kit where you can find/ set this "NoRespawn" tag. It would probably make things a lot easier if I (we) could just add that tag to Candle Pond.

For reference: the usual respawn time limit is 720 hours/ 30 days (in game).

For checking purposes: an easy way to see if Candle Pond has respawned is to leave the doors upstairs open. When you leave and come back and those doors are closed again, the house/ cell has respawned.

I am still waiting for a response from Kryptopyr (creator of CFF) for permission to post the adjusted esp file here. In the meantime I am still looking for a way to make Candle Pond not respawn at all.