Fallout Body Meshes & Blender Weirdness - Looking for advice

madmax21796645

Hi folks, 

I return to this amazing place with another Fallout mesh question, specifically about the exporting of character body meshes from blender and the proper settings to fix the Normal Map seams that occur ?

Background info:

I've been adjusting various Body type meshes (Type 3m, Cali, Alice, Roberts, Breeze,etc) to suit my own taste for quite a while, my mesh edits typical look pretty good, but when I export the model, using default export settings I end up with the ugliest normal map seam along the body sides (i.e Ribs, hips.)

Also I'm using off the shelf normal maps (Type 3 sweaty skin) and a customized diffuse map

My workflow:

- Import Body mesh (Kendo 2 corrected alice body) into Blender

- delete imported bones

- Body modification (ex: elongate nipples)  

- import and parent skeleton

- select all, apply scale/transformation

- export nif using default settings

Using these settings produce the seam clearly visible in the attached jpegs. The Alice body shown is Kendo 2's fixed version with BNB Bones from the Body by Race Alice nif. Does anyone have any advice that may fix the issue, or alternatively know of a source of a BNB enabled Alice body with Kendo 2's fixed feet ?

Cheers, 

Madmax21796645

*Also All edits are for my own personal use and will not be released publicly without proper consent from the appropriate authors.

post-92720-0-46054300-1445079561_thumb.png

post-92720-0-82434900-1445079624_thumb.png

Archived