Prostitutes and Brothels in Skyrim: Thoughts and Discussion

28 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

doing this will add ZAZ as a requirement though (and you will have to know which version you used).

If I understood t.ara correct he would also be fine to copy just the single item out of ZAP, as long as he is asked and agrees and is properly credited if it gets published?

So, mandatory step 1: ask t.ara  :D

But the dancing poles would indeed be THE perfect addition to the brothel. :)

3 hours ago, valcon767 said:

if you are doing this for your own use (not reposting the mod) you could make them dance fairly easily, if you are using ZAZ 8.0 or greater.

I haven't posted the mod anywhere else, I was just whacking away at stuff I didn't like. I expected I would have to add in either animations or something else from a resource pack to get what I wanted, but I haven't had the time to even find out how, much less do it.

2 hours ago, worik said:

If I understood t.ara correct he would also be fine to copy just the single item out of ZAP, as long as he is asked and agrees and is properly credited if it gets published?

So, mandatory step 1: ask t.ara  :D

But the dancing poles would indeed be THE perfect addition to the brothel. :)

The way it was (with the catwalk I removed) just begs for poles. There are even rafters running across the open area you could anchor them on. There is a VIP area upstairs, a private room for personal dances, and a whole bunch of rooms downstairs for longer encounters.

I thought that even if the rest of the mod wasn't used due to location issues, that cell could be copied and used by itself, or potentially just used for multiple brothels with identical layouts.

8 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

There is a VIP area upstairs, a private room for personal dances, and

ehemmm. sorry ... NO dancing in the rooms! ;)

They are for... other ... things.

8 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

a whole bunch of rooms downstairs for longer encounters

I always assumed that those were meant to be part of some quest. We also have that troop of stormcloaks in the mod's sewers.

I'm firing up my Skyrim in half an hours or so. I will hunt you all some screenshots.

By the way: I just remembered that I've already posted one :)

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/98663-what-are-you-doing-right-now-in-skyrim-screenshot-required/?do=findComment&comment=2249671

You see? NO dancing!

9 hours ago, worik said:

ehemmm. sorry ... NO dancing in the rooms! ;)

They are for... other ... things.

I always assumed that those were meant to be part of some quest. We also have that troop of stormcloaks in the mod's sewers.

I'm firing up my Skyrim in half an hours or so. I will hunt you all some screenshots.

By the way: I just remembered that I've already posted one :)

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/98663-what-are-you-doing-right-now-in-skyrim-screenshot-required/?do=findComment&comment=2249671

You see? NO dancing!

not even LAP dances?

The rooms below, if not for more licentious uses, could just be sleeping quarters for all of the employees. Given the bottles you found I'm going with Redwater Den and not Peaceful Easy Inn.

I'll get some external shots from outside really soon so you can see how it fits with mod placement.

Only have 3 pictures so I won't go the blog route.  I can load them in spoilers and put comments above.

Here is a shot using TCL over the crossroads area, where you turn from the road into the city. The stuff added by ETAC is mostly behind and some of it to the left.  I added arrows for the new walls, unchanged wind mill by the Wintersand Manor and the Brewery across the road.

Spoiler

ScreenShot662.thumb.jpg.109eb22ecb92046227474f7ff1c48c18.jpg

Here is a shot looking at the city over the new area.  The three farms are (mostly) visible as a reference with the new part mostly outlined in red.

Spoiler

ScreenShot663.thumb.jpg.61af85b615606a3b8c640facfa0ea76f.jpg

Closer to the city and looking more down, you can see the tops of the buildings and possibly get a sense of scale.  Wintersand is still visible in the lower left but the Battle Born windmill is out of frame to the lower right.

House 1 is home to a pair of named NPCs that enter Whiterun and spend some time at the Drunken Huntsman during the day. There is another NPC from this mod that walks all the way up to Dragonsreach for most of the day. Two other named beggar NPCs wander this exterior area and there are a few more in the two shop locations. The Brothel is the center right with the door on the "away" side, about where the "L" is on the image.

Spoiler

ScreenShot664.thumb.jpg.9aaa7c8ebce6b33b002fd1ccccae6915.jpg

Plus the mod has extended sewers under the city with various dry wells to enter them. So far that is nothing related to the brothel itself but to the mysterious background story.

• 8 months later...

Happy new year! :) I am new here and no experiences except some Navmeshing and character creations/altering serveral years ago... Playing Skyrim 2011/12 i really missed some strip-bars or brothels in Skyrim from the start. Not primary to use them but for "immersion" and worik's mod reminds me of the dancing girls from Morrorwind playing this back then as a kid made me already interested, excited and aroused. 

I like the idea of karlpaws to blend the brothels more into the cities without using vanilla/used space to avoid bugs by using other mods. And i really like the idea of just a view prostitutes with a decent backstory if interested for even ore immersion and depth like Game Goblin did.

But a mix between those three would be dope. With that i mean: that there are primary districts for a view big towns to reflect the standard of ppl living there. Solitude should have two: one for high class and one for all others. 

The borthels shouldn't be crowded like on Armageddon. And the atmo should be more gloomy (except for the high class one in Solitude). The prostitutes should have names with a little backstory and there should be ugly and pretty women. Not only pretty or only ugly. 

The brothels shouldn't be big warehouses and more like small pubs. Maybe some dealers or thieves should be there too to give it more a certain touch. 

I have neither the experience nor pc to do such things. Maybe some1 reads this and like my idea and take inspiration of the mods i mentioned. Greetings 

• 3 years later...