Isn't it possible to create a patch?  I converted dozen of heels and found the same pattern everywhere...

Or can't this offset be added with the SKSE plugin at runtime?

Nope. The NiOverride transforms system wasn't even intended for high heels, I just realized and told Expired it will be the most common use for it.

The fix plugin has to stay separate. Since it's just one thing the system can do, it wouldn't make sense to hard-code it into the runtime.

The offset can also be different for all heels, so that can't be hard-coded either.

We can convert from HDTHighHeels - the magnitude value of the heel effect is similar to the NIO offset - so we might create a HDTHighHeels replacer mod ...

One of the points of the NiOverride high heels is so that the master plugin of HDT High Heels can be removed.

And after the master etc. are removed, the magnitude isn't there anymore.

There's no automated way to get the magnitude from the plugin, remove all the spell/script and the master, and add it as a NiStringExtraData to the NIF. Has to be done by hand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just spent two hours trying to figure out why my char was floating above chair when sitting, but everything worked fine while standing.

Turns out, it doesnt work after starting a new game, until you save and load :-D

...disregard, if it is a common knowledge, but i didnt see it mentioned anywhere (maybe a fix would be in order - if possible, or note it in the description/guide?),

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know if the two high heel system should run together.

But I test the NiOverride high heels alone without running the HDT high heels.

Although you can't enable or disable the script when riding horse or sitting and make custom high heel effect on a Non high heel shoes.

But I don't found much of the problems on it.

[Although equip Ni Override high heels would reset the body scale I have config my character in ECE, but that isn't a huge problem. I can instead set the body scale by using console command.]

If you don't care about the functions listed above and want a smooth game play on SKYRIM.[My test gameplay shows the performance hit less than HDT highheelsl]

Then NiOverride High Heels is for you!

20160623024030_1.jpg

How do you use this in Nifskope when there's many NiTriShapes to the boots or Heels, i.e. There's many meshes making up the boot?.

You only need to apply it to one NiTriShape per NIF file.

Lost me already, i'm not much good with NifSkope but following your Video. I uploaded one of the Nif files to show what i mean.

How do you use this in Nifskope when there's many NiTriShapes to the boots or Heels, i.e. There's many meshes making up the boot?.

You only need to apply it to one NiTriShape per NIF file.

Lost me already, i'm not much good with NifSkope but following your Video. I uploaded one of the Nif files to show what i mean.

Yes, as I said.

You only need to apply it to one NiTriShape, not the others.

If a .nif file has 10 NiTriShapes, you pick 1 of them, no matter which one, and apply the high heel settings to it.

I was actually thinking about converting all the mods in my current profile so I disabled hdtheels and it was 30 mods ... ugh. I might consider doing some or even all over time but crap I'd want to upload them someplace and I doubt I can get permission for most of them.

To some of you who may have problems or get confused while following the NifSkope video...

I found it a bit confusing too at first, but cleared my confusion by trial and error (without an error :))

Anyway, i summarized the process (only the NifSkope part) into a short step by step guide,

because i preffer written instrutions (it looks long, but once you do it, you realize it's actually pretty quick).

Now i know these steps by heart, so i dont need it (and so wont you, once you do it 3 or 5 times), but maybe it can help someone starting:

1. Load the NIF

2. Open the "File" menu, make sure "Auto Sanitize before Save" is NOT checked.
    (if you dont do this, NifSkope will sanitize/clear some changes when saving on step #5)

3. Block List: select "0 NiNode\1 NiTriShape"
    (any NiTriShape will do, it doesn't matter which one)
    Right-click it -> "Block" -> "Insert" -> "NiStringExtraData"
    (there is another similar item called "NiStringsExtraData" notice the difference - correct is the one without the red "s")
    This should add a new "NiStringExtraData" node - notice the node number (in front of the name), you will use this same number in step #6.

4. Block List: select "0 NiNode\1 NiTriShape"
    (or whichever one you used in step #2)
    Block Details: find property "Num Extra Data List" and set its value to 1

5. Save the NIF
    (depending on version, or maybe some settings, you need to save the changes to be able to edit value of the new child property mentioned in next step)

6. Block List: select "0 NiNode\1 NiTriShape"
    Block Details: find property "Extra Data List"
    - click its green refresh icon, and expand the list to see its items.
    - in the expanded list, select the first item (also named "Extra Data List") and set its value to the number of your new "NiStringExtraData" (the one you were to notice in step #3)

7. Block List: select your new "NiStringExtraData" node
    (the one you added in step #3 - but by now it should be moved under your "NiTriShape")
    Block Details: find property "Name" and set value to SDTA
    Block Details: find property "String Data" and set value to [{"name":"NPC","pos":[0,0,5.0]}]
    (instead of number 5.0, use whatever was set as "magnitude" in your original HDT HH spell effect)

I was actually thinking about converting all the mods in my current profile so I disabled hdtheels and it was 30 mods ... ugh. I might consider doing some or even all over time but crap I'd want to upload them someplace and I doubt I can get permission for most of them.

I converted XiNafay's addon, and the editing of its 46 nif files took me approx. 42 minutes

(no, i didnt use stopwatch, but i can see the first edited file was changed at 23:27, and the last one at 00:08).

Add no more than 5 minutes spent by tes5edit cleaning of 63 records in the esp plugin, and its still under 50 minutes.

(not bad i'd say for so many files and records)

I don't know if it belongs here, but I noticed a seemingly unexpected behavior of NIOVHH system.

I'm using a heavily tweaked body, and high heels seem to float or sink according to my racemenu parameters "left/right calf" and "leg length (calf)", that is

the smaller calf size -> the more floating

the smaller leg length calf -> the more sinking

and the two effects cancel each other.

I'm not sure only me or not, but it's always like this in my env.

I don't know if it belongs here, but I noticed a seemingly unexpected behavior of NIOVHH system.

I'm using a heavily tweaked body, and high heels seem to float or sink according to my racemenu parameters "left/right calf" and "leg length (calf)", that is

What happens when you unequip the heels, adjust the calf in RaceMenu, save the game, reload the save, equip the heels?

What happens when you unequip the heels, adjust the calf in RaceMenu, save the game, reload the save, equip the heels?

Even no need to save & reload, call showracemenu and I can immediately see how body shifts when I slide parameters. Almost WYSIWYG.

I start to suspect if this is a feature or something.

Of course they return normal if I unequip.

Okay, I think I'm figuring out what happens.

Both of the only public available NIOVHH mods I know, DD and Heels on Platform NIOVHH http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72488/?, show the same behavior, which lead me to think it's the system itself.

Heels in these mods are all tightly bound to calf bones, so that if I shrink calf parameter they follow calves' positions all along and become apparently floating.

So it seems that the best practice is always binding boots mesh to foot bones unless you really want to cover up to calf bone's height.

Totally unrelated but when I'm using Crawl on Fours mod, the character sneaks on knees but the shifted height persists. I'd be really happy if there's a function to disable heels effect when sneaking.

Totally unrelated but when I'm using Crawl on Fours mod, the character sneaks on knees but the shifted height persists. I'd be really happy if there's a function to disable heels effect when sneaking.

The problem is it's only that specific animation. I can't simply disable it for everyone and wanted to keep the mod MCM free.

Was wondering if once you got the NioHighHeels going that it can be adjusted in Racemenu?. I also have the above mentioned problem with sinking a bit, part of the toes are below ground and setting height in Nifskope doesn't change it. My Calf is lengthened by 0.1 in Racemenu- longer legs you know. And setting it too 0.0 doesn't change it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I recently tried around a bit in NifSkope and found a slightly faster way to attach extra data. This might by obvious to some but is was very useful to me so I thought it might prove useful to some others as well (also I'd like to know whether there are any known problems with this method since I know very little about meshes):

Instead of

• Right-click > Block > Insert > ...

it is possible to use

• Right-click > Node > Attach Extra Data > NiStringExtraData

which immediately inserts a new NiStringExtraData node into the clicked NiTriShape node's Extra Data List and selects the new node.

I'm using NifSkope 2.0.0 Pre-Alpha 2 but the option exists in 1.1.3 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I really love this mod and it has always worked flawlessly. I do have a question though, would it be possible to create a spell that for a certain period of time disables the offset or a toggle on/off effect? The reason I am asking is that actors wearing heels mess up the alignment when using the Osex mod. Which I hope you have seen, if not do check it out for yourself. I was able to scrounge (by that I mean steal/borrow code) up some papyrus code that should do the trick, but I fail miserbly when trying to make it work in CK. The code is from the excellent Sexlab Framework.

Thanks for your excellent work so far!

PBH

Bool Function CheckNiOverride()

Return SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") >= NIOVERRIDE_VERSION && NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() >= NIOVERRIDE_SCRIPT_VERSION
EndFunction

Function suspendTransform(Actor sexActor, String nodeName, String modkey)
If CheckNiOverride()
Int isFemale = sexActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()
If NiOverride.HasNodeTransformPosition(Actor, False, isFemale, nodeName, "internal")
Float[] pos = NiOverride.GetNodeTransformPosition(Actor, false, isFemale, nodeName, "internal")
pos[0] = -pos[0]
pos[1] = -pos[1]
pos[2] = -pos[2]
NiOverride.AddNodeTransformPosition(Actor, False, isFemale, nodeName, modkey, pos)
NiOverride.UpdateNodeTransform(Actor, False, isFemale, nodeName)
EndIf
EndIf
EndFunction