SkyProcPatches Giving Me Grief

TheOzoneHole

Okay, long story short is that I've been trying to run SkyProcPatches for SkyRe, PerMa, Requiem, Automatic Variants and SUM from inside MO and all that happens is Java crashes instantly.

Here are the error codes:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: javaw.exe
  Application Version: 8.0.600.27
  Application Timestamp: 55c0ff1a
  Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18933
  Fault Module Timestamp: 55a69ec3
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0001497e
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

1. Java is up to date (did that last week). 

2. This happens before entering game, so there is no Papyrus log issue or load order issue. This happens regardless of how "light" or "heavy" my load order is. 

3. I have tried creating them as executable sets within MO and running them by going to Data -> SkyProcPatches and right-clicking. I have also tried to run them from the mods folder, where they do launch, but they do not find other mods. I have tried SkyRe from the Data folder, same result as above.

4. Skyrim is installed on a secondary hard drive (F:), but is in the Steam folder and fully mapped to Steam.

5. I have 16Gb of RAM; and I've tried adding the -NOSTREAM and -Xmx1024m to the execute line in all the patches, with no result.

6. I have tried giving full control to all users in the folder security settings. This does not seem to work as Java still crashes.

7. I have a 64 bit version of Windows 7; I did uninstall all my 64 bit versions of Java. 

8. There are no Skyrim files on my C: drive. Are the patches looking for that?

I have not tried installing the mods directly to data and then running the patch. 

I did not download the mods with MO. I downloaded manually and then used MO to install.

I have not updated MO.  I don't know what version I'm using, and I have been hesitant to update as things have been working up to this point. 

At this point I'm open to advice and I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue.  I would rather not update MO, but if that seems to be the only option I will. 

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

Does the java applet in control panel do anything? If not then there is something wrong with the java install.

SUM seems a bit iffy at the moment, I have used it to do similar, but with lootification and perkma, but found out quite a few times it dose not seem to really make the patches, everything seems to work no errors or such on the patcher, but when trying to run the game, well ctd central is the name.

If you have not already, try to completely un-install java, reboot, the see if it still shows as there, if not then re-install the newest version the re-add the the various skyproc patchers, through the data, add executable option for the jar file, then see if sum will work, if not it might be worth seeing if the various individiual patchers will work as stated by tsr091, it might at least give you an idea what the problem is as it could be something going on with the individual patch.

I might also be worth looking at mod organiser as it could be the culprit.  Other that that you have done pretty much anything I would have suggested

Thank you all for your responses.

I'm using MO version 1.2.6 as it turns out, so I get the feeling that it is rather out of date.  

I should make it clear that I'm not trying to use SkyRe, PerMa and Requiem all on the same load order and saved game. I'm simply listing the different ones that I've tried.  Same with SUM I normally just run the patcher for the exact set I want, but I did use SUM for the combo of SkyRe and Automatic Variants as they kept bumping into each other while patching. 

I had to re-install my 64x Java as modded Minecraft requires it, hopefully this won't be an issue.  

As for the SkyProcPatches, I'm starting to think that it may be the use of MO's Local Saved Games that could be contributing to the problems. SkyRe SPP seems to work fine on the MO profile that stores saved games in MyGames/Skyrim/Saves on the C: drive.  Not sure what is going on there, but I'm not going to worry about it for now.  If anyone else does have an idea about this please do share it, and thanks again for the help!

Hmm, not sure about the local saves I just use a save game manager with each save game named after the profile and job for the character;

eg CBBE-Beastess-<toon name>-<toon job ie mage, fighter, assasin>

Simply so I can know what the hell the toon is, though to be honest I can not start the game from the character manager but it will allow me to change character from within mo, then just close the character manager and start the game normally, and the save games are in the my documents\skyrim directory just where the game expects them to be.

Local saves are kept in the profile folder for each different MO profile, what I'm wondering is if that is confusing something in the patchers. Maybe they are trying to find the .ini files but since the profile directory is pointing the patcher to a different pace, rather than the C: that is popping an error.  I'm clutching at straws here because I don't really think that would create a Java error, but I can't really figure out a better reason for the error.

Could be, though with the way things go it could be a lot of things, but first thing I would make sure of is that the java is up and working properly, I have had a couple of times where it says its installed all the files are there, but it simply would not work, hardest part then was getting java to admit it was not installed and re-install.

Just to be clear does the java control panel app work, and does the java test page https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp work?

Archived