Missing Modders

markdf

I've made what I think is a nice little mod, but I can't locate two of the people whose resources I appropriated. In particular, Gopher (author of Predator Vision) and Anano (author of Osare Culort outfit and Osare Maid outfit).

From Gopher's mod I just used a pair of EffectShaders, but from Anano's I used several meshes and textures. I can't ethically post my mod without some kind of permission, but the authors can't be reached. When I try to message them on the nexus, it just says that they cannot receive new messages.

Does anyone know anything about them, where they are, and how to contact them?

From what I heard, Gopher went off on a hiatus; not sure if he got burned out or what.

As for Anano, he seem to have gone away for a long time after making a large run of mods, and there's no way of contacting him because Nexus' PM system is kind of complicated for Japanese to use, let alone the language barrier and Darkone's refusal to create alternate-language versions of the site. Despite that I've seen a lot of his clothing mods reconverted or retextured or integrated into other mods.

Still, do try to give credit to them, as long as the mod in question is outside of Nexus. And very large modding sites, even Moddb.

From what I heard, Gopher went off on a hiatus; not sure if he got burned out or what.

As for Anano, he seem to have gone away for a long time after making a large run of mods, and there's no way of contacting him because Nexus' PM system is kind of complicated for Japanese to use, let alone the language barrier and Darkone's refusal to create alternate-language versions of the site. Despite that I've seen a lot of his clothing mods reconverted or retextured or integrated into other mods.

Still, do try to give credit to them, as long as the mod in question is outside of Nexus.

Sounds good. I guess posting to the nexus is out of the question, since they require explicit permission?

A rule of thumb i've always gone by and I know quite a few others go by is if you require permission before releasing a mod but cant seem to contact the author try your damndest but if you still can't go ahead put it out but be prepared to yank it if someday they get back to you and say no. Nobody can really fault you if you did that I personally have a habit of disappearing from games/communities for years and if it was the case of me creating something then disappearing but eventually returning to find someone tried to ask for permission waited for a bit then released with full credit given to me I would not be mad at all. Granted that isn't the same way for everyone though.

Yep...contact Gopher through his YT channel, or through his website: https://www.gophersvids.com/

Sorry to be the dissenting voice here, but if you can't reach the author(s) for permission, don't release it...or at least don't release it with their assets included. Linking to the mods' required assets for d/l will always keep you in the clear. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass...but it keeps you out of trouble with modders who are more 'strict' about redistribution permission of their work. My rule of thumb is always: "Out of contact/unable to contact does not mean implied consent until notified to the contrary".

Just my opinion. Good luck with your mod!

N~dles

Archived