This is great for when you use all the gold reducing mods so cash is really hard to come by.

I use the TRADE AND BARTER mod, using the buy and sell price modifiers. With this mod, money can be really hard to come by.

You no longer become rich by looting armour from corpses, the mission bounties and gold found, giving you your main money. Potions are also a better source of income, but I made myself a mod to remove them all from the world ( w.i.p. ) :)

I currently use -20% sell prices, and +20% buy prices. Which only punishes you a small amount, I used to use -50% sell prices, and +50% buying prices. Which left my character as almost a pauper, even at level 10...

TRADE AND BARTER mod...   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34612/?

Hi,

Great Idea for a mod, I like it :).  Does any one play with DD curse loots or other mod capturing the player in high security restrain?  Those device cost a lot of money to remove :).  By example the parting gift of the DD curse collar will cost near 33000 gold to be remove at a blacksmith.  That is for the belt the bra and the arms binder I believe.  Being caught like that too often and you will need a loan shark.  Please create the option to borrow more money like 50k gold or a way to adjust the amount we can borrow :D.  Actually to have a way to set the time to repay too would be great and when hunted down by bounty hunter who try to catch you, have them unbeatable or the closest possible of this effect :D.

Thanks and great idea for a mod, this could complicate a lot of things :D.

Being sold into slavery is a little harsh dont you think? Make it if you cant pay you have to pay with your body and you risk getting pregnant.

If you consecutively miss payment or the loan is too large to ever pay off, you get sold into slavery.

I like this idea too. I would even add the amount of times you have to miss a payment. Let's say you miss 3 loans you are being robbed from your most valuable stuff until you have payed your debts. When you miss the fourth one, you become a temorary whore of the inn. When you miss the fifth time, you become a permanent slave.

There was a very neat Oblivion mod that added a bank to each city and made gold have weight.  Was mostly just for immersion.  I had a quick look and found a similar Skyrim mod.  One possibility for the people who don't like merchants having huge amounts of money would be having the bank give out the gold instead.  Also makes for sense as they would like have the resources to track you down and the contacts to ensure they get their money from your one way or the other...

With this mod you could make an awesome Live another life start.

So you start in a city wanting to buy a house.

Lets say riften, and you get told buy the Jarls housecarl that you can borrow the money for the house should you need it.

Which you will as you dont have any.

Mean while she's working with the loan sharks.

So you leave the Jarls place and go the meet the load shark.

After borrowing the money you get mugged and the cash stolen, leaving you in debt and homeless.

Now you have little to no choice in failing to pay the weekly installments.

I set that to +90% to buy\-90% to sell, plus I use Scarcity and Gold Adjustment to decrease the amount from quests and looting. And Less Pay for Firewood. I'm hungry a lot and it'll take ages to afford a house.

Extreme hardcore... I thought +/- 50% was tough, at +/- 90% it must take about 6 game months to buy Breezehome...

A bowl of soup must be a full days wages...

There's got to be some other mods out there we can do about this for a prostitution tie in. Or Skooma Whore can use this for its loan system.

Using sex as (partial?) payment is an obvious route, the inn whore definitely works considering borrowing from an inn owner, merchant could technically work too.

As a side note...is it possible to borrow money from one, then borrow more from another to pay back the previous debt and then borrow even more for that debt...

If you guys didn't notice, there is in fact an option to give sex for a time extension.  It was something like, telling the guy you 'don't think you can make your payment' and then you can get extra time based on if you choose oral, vaginal or anal.

I don't have time to try the mod out right now, but I was hoping someone could let me know what the mechanism is for slavery once your time expires? Does some NPC come for you, or are you automagically transported?

Being sold into slavery is a little harsh dont you think? Make it if you cant pay you have to pay with your body and you risk getting pregnant.

If you consecutively miss payment or the loan is too large to ever pay off, you get sold into slavery.

I like this idea too. I would even add the amount of times you have to miss a payment. Let's say you miss 3 loans you are being robbed from your most valuable stuff until you have payed your debts. When you miss the fourth one, you become a temorary whore of the inn. When you miss the fifth time, you become a permanent slave.

Maby there is foul play at hand, The person Loaning you the money hires mercenaries to rob you of your coins, forcing you to go into further debt, Could be based chance if you get a good Loanshark or a bad one.

The 'sex as a payment' has options oral/vaginal/anal. Each has random chance for innkeeper to:

1) accept this form as payment and lower your debt by 20(oral)/50(vag)/100(anal) gold

2) accept and prolong the time required to pay your debt back by 1/3/5 days

3) refuse this form of payment

The enslavement is very basic right now. After your payment term expires, you are shown a box with text telling you have been knocked down.. Afterwards you wake up in the Simple Slavery cell and are auctioned as slave.

With this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21224/? toghether it will be i little harder to pay the money back^^.

An other thing would  include prison, you serv the time in prison vanilla or PO and after 2 or 3 days a thief merchant pay for your

crimes to get you out and want the money back from you after a couple of days.

Maybee you can pay the merchant with items and the merchant choose it from your inventory and when it is not  enough he take it all and you get one more day time to pay the rest of it.

I set that to +90% to buy\-90% to sell, plus I use Scarcity and Gold Adjustment to decrease the amount from quests and looting. And Less Pay for Firewood. I'm hungry a lot and it'll take ages to afford a house.

Extreme hardcore... I thought +/- 50% was tough, at +/- 90% it must take about 6 game months to buy Breezehome...

Yeah, it's just too easy to amass wealth.

Perhaps a quick work around to the question of how slavery kicks in is that some magic kicks in if the debt isn't paid on time. Say, you were given a basic token so the person could track you and magically transport you if you defaulted.

Yeah, it's just too easy to amass wealth.

Perhaps a quick work around to the question of how slavery kicks in is that some magic kicks in if the debt isn't paid on time. Say, you were given a basic token so the person could track you and magically transport you if you defaulted.

It could even be "a spell" to keep things extremely simple. The invisible club wielders are sort of immersion breaking.

I really like the idea of this mod, particularly with mods like Scarcity, Trade and Barter, Skooma Whore, and Radiant Prostitution... the latter because it actually has you working for innkeepers to sell your body, and you can set the rates so that the innkeeper is taking the lion's share of your earnings. I can imagine getting indebted to an innkeeper (maybe due to drug addiction), being coerced into working for them as a prostitute and trying to pay back my debt, all while they are taking most of my profits which isn't going towards my debt! Truly a hopeless situation.

IDEA's...

SELL OFF YOUR GEAR... They should get the Repo men in, and take and sell all your non quest items, regardless of value. Leaving you naked and unarmed, as well as still in debt.

You are given 7 additional days to get the money, that you owe. If you don't pay up, they should then enslave you...

DEBT WHORE... Whore yourself out for 2 weeks, 10 clients a day. Deviously cursed loot does something similar with a rubber slave collar, that covers you with a rubber suit instead.

IDEA's...

SELL OFF YOUR GEAR... They should get the Repo men in, and take and sell all your non quest items, regardless of value. Leaving you naked and unarmed, as well as still in debt.

You are given 7 additional days to get the money, that you owe. If you don't pay up, they should then enslave you...

DEBT WHORE... Whore yourself out for 2 weeks, 10 clients a day. Deviously cursed loot does something similar with a rubber slave collar, that covers you with a rubber suit instead.

I like the forced sale of your stuff. Could even foreclose on any houses you own.