View File

Loansharks of Skyrim
20160407 Beta

Please test it, if no further bugs will be confirmed, I will release it from beta and upload final version. Report bugs only if you have started from a clean save (otherwise some globals might not be upadated and dialogue/values could be wrong/empty).

Why this?
I've always wondered why there's no way to borrow money in vanilla Skyrim. There are nice mods around the internets that do much more than this, but.. Let's say they lack the proper consequences!

What does this do?
This small mod enables all inkeepers (no DLC inkeepers, though) to lend you 500 or 1000 gold for a week any amount of gold for any period for any price (interest) you set up in the MCM menu. They will charge you twice the appropriate interest and if you don't pay back the debt in due time, you will be sold as a slave.

Requirements
SexLab - for (partially) paying the debt with sex services to the creditor
Simple Slavery - actually if you don't have it installed, the mod will work, except nothing will happen if you miss the time to pay the debt

Credits
jfraser for Simple Slavery and his very easy way to connect with other mods!
Ashal for the awesome SexLab!

Future development
I don't have much ambitions to develop this mod further. I intend to fix major bugs and move on. postponed as long as this mod's development is bringing me fun :)

Change Log

20160407 Beta
- fix: end options
1) enslave (default - Simple Slavery)
2) bounty (vanilla bounty)
3) random choice for both (select both in MCM)
- fix: incorrect display of debt value in MCM, some dialogue

20151013 Beta
- new: MCM menu customizable rewards for sex
- new: MCM menu current loan info
- new: partial repayment option & you can also choose to pay 10 % of that partial repayment for prolonging payment term by 10 %
- some additional polishing

20151012 Beta
- new: MCM menu with customization (Debt value, Debt length, Debt interest multiplier)
- new: pay back with sex

20151011 Alpha
- initial upload for community testing

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/11/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    simple slavery, SexLab
  • Special Edition Compatible

"Do you happen to borrow gold?" The word you're looking for is 'lend'

lend
lend/
verb
verb: lend; 3rd person present: lends; past tense: lent; past participle: lent; gerund or present participle: lending
1. grant to (someone) the use of (something) on the understanding that it shall be returned.

Asking someone if they borrow gold isn't asking them for money, it's asking them if they borrow money from others.

Why is this in Oblivion? everything hints to skyrim?

Fixed. Thanks!

"Do you happen to borrow gold?" The word you're looking for is 'lend'

lend
lend/
verb
verb: lend; 3rd person present: lends; past tense: lent; past participle: lent; gerund or present participle: lending
1. grant to (someone) the use of (something) on the understanding that it shall be returned.

Asking someone if they borrow gold isn't asking them for money, it's asking them if they borrow money from others.

True. Fixed. Thanks!

i wonder if this will have a few updates and then be abandoned too.

Very likely yes. I'm the king of abandonments. Oh, we could entirely create a new category for my mods here on LL - abandonware! It would be on your blacklist and we would be free of your pointless posts.

I really like the idea.  It would be cool if it could trigger the bounty hunters.  What we need is a mod that has a Skyrim Court System to tie to the penal system.  It would open up expansion of the prisons into work colonies, prisoner work teams, and more on and on---bla, bla, bla.  Branding, hair growing, raping, enslaving, bribing, drugs, everything else.  Anyway I think it is a great idea and plan to run it.  Thanks for making the mod.

Loan idea...

500 gold loan = 3 days to pay it back

1000 gold loan = 7 days to pay it back

6000 gold loan = 14 days to pay it back

12000 gold loan = 28 days to pay it back

36000 gold loan = 60 days to pay it back ( house in Solitude is really expensive ) ( loan-sharks will smile )

Money for the house, plus some money to fix it up...

Buying a house in Skyrim can be a pain, leaving you homeless while you try to get the money together.

Like typical loan sharks, your mod could prey on the people wanting to buy a house, as there are 6 houses to buy. Giving 6 opportunities to mess up, and become a slave. The prices of houses in Skyrim vary, some being really expensive.

OPTIONS...

1. Be homeless, and try to get the money legitimately

2. Get up to the eyes in debt with a loan-shark, to get the house of your dreams. But have the fear of impending slavery make you frantic to pay it back...

You mess up the payments, you end up having to pay the price

I was wondering how you end up becoming a slave, after non payment of debt.

Idea 2...

The standard bounty hunters in game, could be sent to get you. If they beat you, you become a slave. If you beat the bounty hunters, then more will come and your debt is doubled, until they eventually do get you.

House prices in Skyrim... http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Houses_(Skyrim)

Idea 3... 

Devious devices patch, to sell you really expensive keys to get out of your devious devices. With a, use now, pay later for getting keys deal...

Just some ideas... As I really like having uses for stuff in mods, that just run in the background. The loan-sharks being a mod that could really come in handy.

How many times have you seen an item in a Skyrim shop, that you cannot afford, but is too good to miss. With your mod, you could add a third option.

1. Buy

2. Don't buy

3. Get yourself in debt to buy an item, with a chance to become a slave for a while. If you miss the payments deadline...

Just how desperate are you for that Soul Bow, enchanted armour or enchanted axe...

If you don't like my ideas, just ignore my post...

Loan idea...

36000 gold loan = 60 days to pay it back ( house in Solitude is really expensive ) ( loan-sharks will smile )

Buying a house in Skyrim can be a pain, leaving you homeless while you try to get the money together.

Like typical loan sharks, your mod could prey on the people wanting to buy a house, as there are 6 houses to buy. Giving 6 opportunities to mess up, and become a slave. The prices of houses in Skyrim vary, some being really expensive.

OPTIONS...

2. Get up to the eyes in debt with a loan-shark, to get the house of your dreams. But have the fear of impending slavery make you frantic to pay it back...

Idea 2...

The standard bounty hunters in game, could be sent to get you. If they beat you, you become a slave. If you beat the bounty hunters, then more will come and your debt is doubled, until they eventually do get you.

Idea 3... 

Devious devices patch, to sell you really expensive keys to get out of your devious devices. With a, use now, pay later for getting keys deal...

Just some ideas... As I really like having uses for stuff in mods, that just run in the background. The loan-sharks being a mod that could really come in handy.

How many times have you seen an item in a Skyrim shop, that you cannot afford, but is too good to miss. With your mod, you could add a third option.

1. Buy

2. Don't buy

3. Get yourself in debt to buy an item, with a chance to become a slave for a while. If you miss the payments deadline...

Just how desperate are you for that Soul Bow, enchanted armour or enchanted axe...

I love all these ideas.  I would make the amount of time to pay back in the first part a little shorter though.  60 days is way long in my opinion.  I would also have the bounty hunters force greet the player rather than simply initiating a fight, giving the player the option to simply surrender.

Loan idea...

OPTIONS...

Idea 2...

Idea 3... 

1. Buy

2. Don't buy

I love all these ideas.  I would make the amount of time to pay back in the first part a little shorter though.  60 days is way long in my opinion.  I would also have the bounty hunters force greet the player rather than simply initiating a fight, giving the player the option to simply surrender.

Like when the guards catch you, to send you to prison. Pay or fight, too bad if you stash your gold on your horse, like I do...

Yeah! 60 days is a lot of time, but 36,000 gold is a lot of frantic dungeon looting. How quickly could you make 36,000 gold, if you were frantic to pay back a debt... Plus how much money would you have, by the time you get to buy a big house...

I reckon that you are right, about 60 days being too long to pay off 36,000 gold...

...what innkeeper is going to have that kind of money to throw around? Even 500-1000 gold is pushing it imo.

With Krazyone's idea, who said it has to be an inkeeper.  It could be a shop owner like Belethor.

Whatever. No commoner or merchant is going to have that kind of money to loan out. If they did, they wouldn't be merchants. You could retire on that kind of money in Skyrim. I wouldn't expect anyone but the high king or the jarl of an affluent city to be able to throw that kind of money around. >_>

...what innkeeper is going to have that kind of money to throw around? Even 500-1000 gold is pushing it imo.

With Krazyone's idea, who said it has to be an inkeeper.  It could be a shop owner like Belethor.

Whatever. No commoner or merchant is going to have that kind of money to loan out. If they did, they wouldn't be merchants. You could retire on that kind of money in Skyrim. I wouldn't expect anyone but the high king or the jarl of an affluent city to be able to throw that kind of money around. >_>

So, by retire you mean just enough money to barely buy and furnish a house?  What's the retiree supposed to live on once the house is bought?  Also, who says you couldn't go to the king or jarl for a loan?  Back in mid evil times it wasn't like you could just walk down the the local wells fargo.  The kings controlled the money.  Finally, no one said it had to be immersive either.

I've always wanting a mod like this.

Only thing i'd wish for if this is not too much work:

Can you add a very simple MCM menu where you can just adjust 3 values:

-Loan length in days (1-100 as slider would be fully sufficient)

-Loan amount (1000-100.000 in 1k steps)

-Payback multiplier (something like x1 to x10)

This is basically seconding Krazyones request. With those settings you can very nicely roleplay your own scenarios, taking a smaller loan to buy a horse or get on track again after defeated or getting ambitious and buying a house or something else very expensive. If you set the crime fees a bit higher (like myself) another very immersive use of this i imagine to do often is to borrow it to pay off bounties since prison overhaul is now so nicely intimidating that my characters try to avoid it at all cost :)

i wonder if this will have a few updates and then be abandoned too.

If it is "abandoned" there's nothing preventing anyone from developing the idea further. pchs has endorsed everyone who has added to or taken any of his ideas and run with them so at worst he's making something that other people will expand upon. Just look at the ideas that have started flowing because he posted this mod.