Oblivion Entry point not found?

spartan40

Hey guys this just popped up today: 

The procedure entry point createDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll 

I tried to roll back my Nvidia Drivers to August when I still remember playing but it didn't work. 

I'm on Windows 10, would it be because of the 64bit system vs the 32bit system that oblivion runs on? 

Anyone else have this issue or a work around? 

Also could it be my ENB on Oblivion? running .181...

Any help would be nice. 

Thanks. 

Try running Oblivion in compatibility mode with the last OS you ran is successfully with and see if that does the trick.  

The closest thing to the file you list that I have is d3dx11_42.dll and d3dx11_43.dll

So I don't have the file you are talking about either and I don't get any errors on the 64bit version of Win 8.1 

Just tried to run it in the compatibility mode but it still CTD. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit too.... :(

Edit: 

DOH! ... for some reason I had to delete the .ini file and now everything is fine again... whatever... I don't get it but its fixed. Thanks for the reply and help 

gregathit

Archived