Dirty faced vampire

bjornk

My character's face becomes dirty when she becomes a vampire (BretonRace -> BretonRaceVampire). The dirt on her faces is the one you'd choose on the race menu. She doesn't look like a "proper" vampire though, her face still looks human. Yes, I could probably change it using showracemenu but I'd like to change the default appearance. Where should I look first? Is the race BretonRaceVampire the root of the problem? I am using ECE with Fair Skin Complexion.

(If I use "setrace BretonRace" and then "setrace BretonRaceVampire", the dirt disappears but only until the next save load).

Guest toymachine

I stopped becoming a vampire for this reason. I would get yellow eyes and a dirty face. I never bothered to look this up. Last time it happened was over 8 months ago right about when I gave up playing as a vampire.

Guest toymachine

Yeah, I was. I used ECE forever. Still do to construct presets, modify them a bit before I port them over to RM. I have ECE and RM installed now for my main profile.

I'm pretty sure this is related to a face details texture set conflict between the original race and the vampire version of it. What I mean by that is, texture sets and/or the order of them is different between say the BretonRace and BretonRaceVampire, so if you choose the 2nd preset for your Breton character, the 2nd preset of its vampire version may be a totally different texture set (such as the dirty one). And ECE makes things even more complicated. It's possible to reorder them and remove the conflict, but the appearance you want for your character may not be the one you want for other vampires. So it's a bit of a double-edged sword. (It may also be an issue with the actual textures for the corresponding texture sets, if you have some modified ones).

Thanks I'll try this one, better than messing with the race. Edit: The mod does what it says. Probably replaces the dirt textures with empty/transparent ones for everyone, but that doesn't really matter, as I'm pretty sure nobody uses them anyway.

IMO, having those dirty face textures in character creation is a really stupid design choice. In the vanilla game you are not supposed to change your face again and again and once you've chosen the dirty face then you're stuck with it for the entire game. Why would anyone choose a dirty face for the Dragonborn? You really want to role-play a character that never takes a bath? I'd rather use the Bathing in Skyrim mod if I want to look dirty *immersively*. :)

Archived