CTD On Exterior

Daemones

I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit, I will not flip shit....

Okay... That's better.

Not sure what's been causing it as of late but I again meet my terrible nemesis/cock-blocker of the century: CTDs. This time it's with loading into exteriors only (loading into any interior has no effect). I've disabled much of my exterior mods besides a few "harmless" texture upgrades and ENB, but no matter what I still crash. It's not like I have any FPS issues with it.

Attached is my load order and log. The log is from loading into my most recent save in an exterior and naturally crashing. I use BOSS and FNIS every time I install or uninstall a mod but that doesn't seem to do anything. Just to take notice I removed three mods that I thought may be causing this CTD but it didn't resolve anything, so the "camp" logs are from a Campfire mod that proved useless. I already started a new game and after a couple loads and saves this CTD issue would return.

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

As you can tell from the log my game is pretty screwed up for reasons I have no idea. Help would be most appreciated and loved.

Someone much smarter than me ( I know could be almost anyone) said if you are having problems with a ctd in an area as you approach, go somewhere else wait 3 days and try again the cell will reset itself and the thing crashing you may (most likely) go away.

Also you may want to clean your saves and maybe check your files in steam

this tool is priceless if you don't already use it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D25859%26gid%3D110

Not sure if the Unofficial Patches would cause the issue, but maybe I can experiment around and see if it'll change anything. Tried the 3 day wait but to no avail. I've used the Edit program before, but I never payed much attention to it. Is there an option to clean saves? I can't seem to find it

Yeah Uncle, I've taken a couple away. However this issue has been occurring before I removed some.

he should have click on new game when he add mods that require a new game

now it's too late

mod replace x with y

x is x in the save

mod don't work

that can be taken care of, if you delete x from the save, game will put y in it (if the mod win the load order)

but you have to be cautious with what you do to your save, the risk is that

pMFxKXR.jpg

savegamecleaner don't see any problem

YTM647M.jpg

but that script mess is a waste of cpu ressources, so i got rid of what i could

B6aGLrt.jpg

now it's less messy

33FlVWJ.jpg

can't do anything about the 45 that are left

4WDZfx3.jpg

if i delete them, i break those scriptsz2fw0qB.jpg

and those broken scripts break other scripts

bQW5R4k.jpg

that break other scripts that break other scripts that break... and the save is dead

It's not an issue of starting a new game. This started happening with a previous character. I made a new one this past week thinking it was indeed that save and because of mods x and y. Few saves later with this new game and the exterior ctd happens again. I unchecked mods such as Camp knowing it would be an issue later down the road (I plan on making a new game anyways after all this is over) but wanted to see if I would still continue to crash even after those mods have been disabled now.

The problem is this issue doesn't appear until a few saves AFTER the new game has started. I didn't think I'd see the issue again until I was like four hours into it, so it would be extremely difficult to narrow down which mod is causing the issue.

Could it be a texture mod causing it? Or a gameplay mod? I saw a few lines for Creature Framework in my logs a lot but I thought that was a pretty stable mod, despite it being script-heavy. I also have a mod that adds more chances of bandits and npcs to appear. That includes creatures as well. Could their be some correlation between the two?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I've created another game again, and after a couple saves... I'm still crashing in exteriors. I believe it has something to do with Estrus for Skyrim (looks like a lot of issues in the log)?

Not really sure. Maybe someone can take a look at it

Papyrus.0.log

Do you have installed The Unofficial Hi res patch?

Since you have this installed?

HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp

Did check your latest Papyrus and you have way to many errors in it, have you run LOOT on your load order, and have you removed mods and not removed all files?

Your load order is wrong.

And you should have use of one Bashed Patch.

May not for your case, let me share -> I will have the same problem whenever I tried to use Unofficial Pach.

That is pure nonsens.

You actually need to back that up.

If you cant back it up, and I know you cant back it up. So stop saying that the patches mess things up.

It is always the one behind the keyboard that do wrong.

Whenever I activate USKP, I got CTD almost everytime I move from interior to exterior cell.

problem is between your chair and your screen

if you can repeat the ctd, it's easy to fix, here's my last one

02u3Qak.jpg

going to the thalos shrine, near the vigilant ruins, was a ctd

2ZEKFpX.jpg

without the last mod, it's a ctd too

26PuL03.jpg

with only the esp i can't remove (or i can't load the save), ctd too

SOyDbYr.jpg

no ctd with skyrim bsa load last

without my nifs with bigger uv map, no ctd

3 ctd thanks to that (don't know what i did to break those nifs, boring crap, that was done while looking at a film)

Do you have installed The Unofficial Hi res patch?

Since you have this installed?

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Did check your latest Papyrus and you have way to many errors in it, have you run LOOT on your load order, and have you removed mods and not removed all files?

Your load order is wrong.

And you should have use of one Bashed Patch.

May not for your case, let me share -> I will have the same problem whenever I tried to use Unofficial Pach.

That is pure nonsens.

You actually need to back that up.

If you cant back it up, and I know you cant back it up. So stop saying that the patches mess things up.

It is always the one behind the keyboard that do wrong.

I'll download the unofficial high res pack right now.

As for load order, I run LOOT every time I install a new mod. I rarely remove files, and for this new save, I haven't removed any mods.

It seems, when in an interior, I can coc to Whiterun or somewhere and not get a ctd. But when opening the door to the place originally intended I get the CTD. Also, once I'm able to load into the COC'd place, I can go about Skyrim and not have any load issues. But when restarting the game itself, the problem reverts itself, and I'm forced to COC somewhere.

Archived