-->Answered<-- :Help with script in GECK please, I don't have anyone else to ask :/

Edit: Thanks Astymma and Doctasax, question Answered. I'll leave the post up if someone wants to read over it Oct-7-15

Hey guys and gals, I've been half way over the net looking for help to a problem that I have been having with some scripts on a mod I'm putting together. In the files of New Vegas there is a creature named NVCrSentryBotToy (More on it here: I can't post links but you can search it on the fallout wiki or search the sentry bot toy in you search engine of choice) it is a sentry bot that is a few inches tall and I have always had a fondness for it and added it to my inventory in all of my playthroughs of Vegas. I have tweaked the scripts and the creature itself to give it more of a purpose. A mod on the nexus site gave it a BB Mini-gun and I added a mini laser weapon as well (I'm sorry to ramble). The problem that I'm having is in it's creature script there is a "Begin OnActivate" line that is preventing dialogue with the bot from showing up, the script is essential to the inner workings of the bot, is there a way to keep the creature script and my dialogue in place for the bot? I hope I'm posting in the right place, I haven't been to this site much but I come to you hat in hand asking for help. Please and thank you guys. Here is the Pastbin with my script: pastebin com/SpUwf4zE

PS. if anyone wants to know anything about this or the files just ask, any and all help is appreciated :3

post-974870-0-55672800-1444252168_thumb.jpg

I can't see your script - you may need a post or two more in order to be able to link around here.

Vanilla's, for reference:

scn NVCrSentryBotToyScript

int Following

ref ActivatingObject
ref SentryBot
ref SpawningObject

begin OnActivate

set ActivatingObject to GetActionRef
    set SentryBot to GetSelf

; If the sentry bot is healthy, pick it up
    if ActivatingObject.GetIsReference player && SentryBot.GetDead == 0
        NVSentryBotToyREF.MoveTo NVSentryBotToyMarker
        player.additem NVSentryBotToyItem 1

; Otherwise, player picks up a broken version
    elseif    ActivatingObject.GetIsReference player && SentryBot.GetDead == 1
        ; Place broken sentry bot in player's inventory
        NVSentryBotToyREF.MoveTo NVSentryBotToyMarker
        player.additem NVSentryBotToyItemBroken 1
    endif

; Make toy stop following
    set Following to 0
    NVSentryBotToyREF.evp

end

This means that when you activate it, a version gets added to your inventory, depending on whether it was dead or not.

If you want to be able to talk to it, you could probably just remove the if-block. Not sure what exactly you're trying to achieve in terms of interaction with the thing.

Testing

Thanks for the reply DoctaSax :3 This is the script I'm using as the creature script, I moved the pickup option into the result end script for a dialogue option called "Pick up" I have also added a goodbye option and intend to add a home option, sandbox, guard option, and search options for items like water, chems, and meds once a day. I enjoy the little bot very much and would love for it to have a purpose :3 I would also like to upload the bot so other may get a chance to use the little guy.

ScriptName NVCrSentryBotToyScript

int Following

ref ActivatingObject
ref SentryBot
ref SpawningObject

Begin OnActivate
if SentryBot.GetDead == 1
set ActivatingObject to GetActionRef
set SentryBot to GetSelf
if ActivatingObject.GetIsReference player
set Following to 0
NVSentryBotToyREF.MoveToMarker NVSentryBotToyMarker
NVSentryBotToyREF.SetPlayerTeammate 0
NVSentryBotToyREF.EvaluatePackage ; If the sentry bot is dead, pick it up broken and resurrect sentrybottoy

if SentryBot.GetDead == 1
ResurrectActor 0
resethealth
restoreav perceptioncondition 100
restoreav endurancecondition 100
restoreav leftattackcondition 100
restoreav leftmobilitycondition 100
restoreav rightattackcondition 100
restoreav rightmobilitycondition 100
if player.GetItemCount NVSentryBotToyItemBroken < 1
player.AddItem NVSentryBotToyItemBroken 1
NVSentryBotToyREF.EvaluatePackage
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
End

Begin OnCombatEnd
if(GetPlayerTeammate == 1 && GetDead == 0)
resethealth
restoreav perceptioncondition 100
restoreav endurancecondition 100
restoreav leftattackcondition 100
restoreav leftmobilitycondition 100
restoreav rightattackcondition 100
restoreav rightmobilitycondition 100
endif
End

How to I post the script with proper indention so it's easy to read like you did? Sorry for being so new : P

To get proper indentation, post the code inside a BBCode CODE block. Just highlight the text in your post and click the button that looks like <>.

Also, you should remember that an OnActivate block blocks further activation... which includes dialogue.

If you want an OnActivate block to continue normal activation and produce dialogue on a creature (robot), then add an Activate call like so:

Begin OnActivate
    ;do a bunch of stuff
    Activate
End

That way, all the "do a bunch of stuff" code gets done, but it will continue with normal activation. This applies to all OnActivate blocks. They should include a call to Activate to allow for whatever their normal behavior would be if the OnActivate didn't exist if your intent is to allow that.

To get proper indentation, post the code inside a BBCode CODE block. Just highlight the text in your post and click the button that looks like <>.

Also, you should remember that an OnActivate block blocks further activation... which includes dialogue.

If you want an OnActivate block to continue normal activation and produce dialogue on a creature (robot), then add an Activate call like so:

Begin OnActivate
    ;do a bunch of stuff
    Activate
End

That way, all the "do a bunch of stuff" code gets done, but it will continue with normal activation. This applies to all OnActivate blocks. They should include a call to Activate to allow for whatever their normal behavior would be if the OnActivate didn't exist if your intent is to allow that.

I think that did the trick! Thank you so much my friend you are my hero :3 I need to do a little more fiddling but I think it's golden! Thanks again astymma!

Archived