Looking for suggestions for gameplay

wildtangent

I am looking for suggestions for combat gameplay. I have been playing on Legendary, because I thought it would give me a reason to have mods like Defeat, and Sex Lab Eager NPC's installed. The problem with that was more or less with Defeat. Even though I would go down My companion would fight long enough for me to get up, and win the fight, and I got tired of being one shot by chain lightning even though I had 45% magic resistance, and 200 hit points. Now I could change the option in defeat that when I go down My companion goes down, but then I would be loosing pretty much every fight. So I'm looking for a happy medium.

Just started a game and, playing on master difficulty. Went out alone, and pretty much winning every encounter I come across. Now I have no need for a companion, and I don't loose fights (Of course there are going to be battles I do loose, but not if I have a companion with me). 

Both these scenarios make one or the other mod, and mods that are tied to them, such as  Msl Devious captures not worth having in my load order. Not saying they are bad mods. I want them in my load order, I just want to have a use for them.

So I guess  any suggestions on gameplay, combat overhauls that give you that happy medium would be much appreciated. 

Also not sure if this is the right place for this thread, just thought since it was about sex lab mods it should be in adult topics. If not I'm sorry

i have been trying to seek some balance with sexlab and other combat mods, but it's pretty hard to balance it. I have the same problems with the game dificculty, expert is to easy, master isn't hard and legendary as long as i have a follower isn't that hard as well.

you can maybe try using Revenge of the Enemies, maybe it suit your needs, it makes enemies stronger and gives then better AI and armor, it's hard at first, but it's not hard to get an orcish armor by level 2.

you can also use Sky Tweak, it have some options that can make the game a bit more dificult

i have been trying to seek some balance with sexlab and other combat mods, but it's pretty hard to balance it. I have the same problems with the game dificculty, expert is to easy, master isn't hard and legendary as long as i have a follower isn't that hard as well.

you can maybe try using Revenge of the Enemies, maybe it suit your needs, it makes enemies stronger and gives then better AI and armor, it's hard at first, but it's not hard to get an orcish armor by level 2.

you can also use Sky Tweak, it have some options that can make the game a bit more dificult

Thanks for the reply going to try out Revenge of the Enemies, and see how that works.

The real problem here is the way how "difficulty" in Skyrim is set up. It's basically nothing else than a damage modifier. For that very reason, chain lightning basically one-shots you on legendary. That isn't difficult, that's plain frustrating.

What to do about it? Screw the vanilla combat system, it sucks anyways. Here are some recommendations (some of them can even be combined):

- DUEL Combat realism: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2700/?(incompatible with ultimate combat)

- Combat Evolved: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56147/? (compatible with Duel, incompatible with ultimate combat)

- Ultimate Combat: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36006/?(incompatible with combat evolved or duel)

- Dark Souls Combat: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50710-dark-souls-combat-v143/(should be compatible to all other mods in the list)

- SPERG: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24445/?(perk overhaul to make leveling and combat perks more intersting; completely optional)

- Immersive Detection of NPC: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61255/?(for sneaking)

- Sneak Tools: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19447/?(for sneaking)

- Any archery overhaul (there are several... too many to list)

- Spell Charging: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57235/?(for mages)

- Spell Chaining: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57236/?(for mages)

- Magic Duel: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34583/?(for mages)

I personally use SPERG, DUEL, Combat Evolved and Dark Souls Combat. In particular duel and dark souls combat make battles much more challenging (in a good way!) by rewarding fast reaction, well-timed attacks, dodging and blocking. I play on medium difficulty. When I leave my guard down and become careless or reckless, I pretty much get one-shot killed. But if I have my wits about me and focus on the battle, I usually win. YMMV.

The real problem here is the way how "difficulty" in Skyrim is set up. It's basically nothing else than a damage modifier. For that very reason, chain lightning basically one-shots you on legendary. That isn't difficult, that's plain frustrating.

What to do about it? Screw the vanilla combat system, it sucks anyways. Here are some recommendations (some of them can even be combined):

- DUEL Combat realism

- Combat Evolved

- Ultimate Combat

- Dark Souls Combat

- SPERG

- Immersive Detection of NPC

- Sneak Tools

- Any archery overhaul (there are several... too many to list)

- Spell Charging

- Spell Chaining

- Magic Duel

I personally use SPERG, DUEL, Combat Evolved and Dark Souls Combat. In particular duel and dark souls combat make battles much more challenging (in a good way!) by rewarding fast reaction, well-timed attacks, dodging and blocking. I play on medium difficulty. When I leave my guard down and become careless or reckless, I pretty much get one-shot killed. But if I have my wits about me and focus on the battle, I usually win. YMMV.

The other issue is, that difficulty will scale your followers with the enemies, most of the time.  I'm not sure if follower mods fix it or not, but you're better off leaving it on normal difficulty and adding one of the mods from this list.  I personally enjoy DUEL, but I also like Revenge of the AI.

And I prefer PERMA to SPERG, but it doesn't like to play well with other mods currently.

Yes I've seen plenty of Let's Players brag that they are playing on Master or Legendary difficulty, but then they have a bunch of followers which essentially breaks that difficulty because followers scale just like any other NPC! So the player is weak and goes down quickly, but companions are invincible super heroes (especially if you have more than one) who take up the slack. Honestly it should just be called the Tedium Slider, because that's all it really adds.

Combat mods do so much more when it comes to spicing up the difficulty, because they actually add things like new enemy tactics and abilities. I personally could never play without Organized Bandits in Skyrim (OBIS), which adds more bandits to the overworld, and also makes them more diverse and interesting. For me, standing toe-to-toe with an enemy and trading blows for 5 minutes is not fun... in my games, battles are decided within a few seconds depending on who doesn't block!

Yes I've seen plenty of Let's Players brag that they are playing on Master or Legendary difficulty, but then they have a bunch of followers which essentially breaks that difficulty because followers scale just like any other NPC! So the player is weak and goes down quickly, but companions are invincible super heroes (especially if you have more than one) who take up the slack. Honestly it should just be called the Tedium Slider, because that's all it really adds.

Combat mods do so much more when it comes to spicing up the difficulty, because they actually add things like new enemy tactics and abilities. I personally could never play without Organized Bandits in Skyrim (OBIS), which adds more bandits to the overworld, and also makes them more diverse and interesting. For me, standing toe-to-toe with an enemy and trading blows for 5 minutes is not fun... in my games, battles are decided within a few seconds depending on who doesn't block!

Oh yeah, OBIS makes things so much better, fighting masses is my favorite, Immersive Patrols, Revenge of the Enemies and then Skytest to make animals more interesting. I was using Genesis for dungeon mobs because it added more of the current residents (shutting OBIS off in dungeons) and this worked great but for whatever reason I got CTD much more often with Genesis installed.

After trying many of the combat mods, I like Deadly Combat the best. It places much more emphasis on blocking attacks and the AI is much smarter. I combine this with Revenge of the Enemies for more spells/perks on enemies. I'm not really a fan of OBIS anymore, because every random encounter was a mage/rogue/warrior like bandit encounter, which got stale really quickly. (OBIS has also been known to cause stability issues with huge load orders).

I prefer Immersive Creatures to spice up the world, then additional bandit camps mod, with immersive patrols. That's more than enough to keep the world alive.

If I wanted to make combat even harder, I would use Combat Evolved along with Deadly Combat, which basically just makes all NPCs hit way harder, and you hit for much, much less (enemies also are bash'a'holics with combat evolved, which I don't particularly like).

I'm trying out Originator Perk Overhaul on my current playthrough and I'm really enjoying it. Much more than PERMA or SkyRe so far. Plus it's much more lightweight, which is crucial since I have 250ish mods, and many of the loverslab addons are rather scriptheavy already.

I also never use followers. I think they trivialize combat in the game.

Deadly Combat is my favorite as well, though I don't use it when I'm playing with Perkus Maximus. I just started up an Ordinator play-through this morning because I wanted to try out a few new LL mods, and having to do the whole ReProccer thing again was just uuuugh.

I personally don't have crash issues with OBIS, and run it along with Immersive Creatures (plus Bad Dog's SexLab plugin for IC) and Immersive Patrols. My lands are pretty well populated and I like it! ^_^ I do agree that OBIS really likes to add tons of mages, which does annoy me some times, but in general I just like having the varieties of enemies, since Skyrim on its own is not big on said variety. One thing that really saved my game from crashes, if anyone's interested, is a mod called OneTweak. Crashes I've been trying to track down forever have suddenly gone away since installing this mod!

Archived